Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of warning to those using Target gift cards through the Target app:

I tried paying for Disney GCs today, $675 worth, with the app and a bunch of gift cards as default payment. I scanned, and the receipt showed about 12 gift cards used and the rest went onto my Redcard as backup payment. Over half my gift cards were left untouched, despite me applying all of them to the payment. Guest relations got it resolved, but it was a stinking mess. My advice is to a) break up the transaction into smaller amounts and more importantly b) don't make your Redcard your default backup payment so it will at least ask you for the rest of the payment once gift cards are applied.

Found this but says for Pacific Northwest and Mountain Regions. Sure enough not good for So Cal but I typed in Seattle's zip code (or one of them at least) and it shows in their add.

Attachments

• target-redcard-extra-5-savings-on-top-of-5.jpeg
    target-redcard-extra-5-savings-on-top-of-5.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 80
Found this but says for Pacific Northwest and Mountain Regions. Sure enough not good for So Cal but I typed in Seattle's zip code (or one of them at least) and it shows in their add.

I had no idea it was a thing and when I checked out this morning I couldn't figure out how I went from 24 something to 22 something after the 5% off. I saw the above posted by All Things Target on fb and realized that's what had happened. The people that do that blog live nearish me in the Seattle area :)

Does anyone know if BB sells hotels.com GCs? Saw a good deal on a room this summer and going the BB route gives me 25+% total off right now.

Found this but says for Pacific Northwest and Mountain Regions. Sure enough not good for So Cal These are the restrictions I saw linked with the ad. So Disney cards are excluded or are they considered entertainment cards and would be included? Sorry about the dumb question. I live in CO and the extra 5% deal is being offered in my area.

*** Restrictions apply
Extra 5%
You will receive an extra 5% off purchases paid for with your REDcard at select Target stores on 4/22/2018-4/28/2018. Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro and Go Pro Acc, LEGO, LG OLED TV, Mobile contracts, Nintendo Switch Hardware/Software/Accessories, prepaid cards, POSA (Point of Sale Activation Cards), Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers. The standard 5% REDcard discount will be applied after the extra 5% discount. Discount will apply only to the purchase amount tendered to your REDcard. Discounts applied at checkout. Offer available in select Target stores only. Offer not valid on Target.com. May not be applied to previous purchases.

I look at it as whatever you NORMALLY get 5% off of with your Red Card would qualify for the additional 5%. I don't and won't have experience with the offer myself but think the only way to verify is if you or someone else is willing to try? You normally get 5% off Disney gift cards so my thinking is you should get the additional 5 off with the deal.

Here is the email being sent out by Target:

Exclusive REDcard offer: Extra 5% off your storewide purchase (5% regular + 5% extra)

"As a REDcard holder, get an extra 5% off your next purchase in a target store with this barcode"

**Extra 5%: Category Coupon. Valid one-time use in store only. Limit one coupon/offer per guest. Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total. No cash value. Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro and Go Pro Acc, LEGO, LG OLED TV, mobile contracts, Nintendo Switch Hardware/Software/Accessories, prepaid cards, POSA (Point of Sale Activation Cards), Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers.

I can't read the small print in the picture posted by CalDisneymomof2, but assuming the exclusions are the same as in the email, it does seem to exclude prepaid cards.

Haha, went to BB tand day and the check out girl said, “oh, Disney, glad to see you back!” Lol, think that means I’ve been a few too many times?

Last time I did it the employee was like "Hey! Is that Swagbucks? I used to use that years ago. Is there a good deal or something?" I explained it and he told me as soon as he was on break he was going to see if his account was still active so he could start using it again when he heard the deal! LOL.

I got a postcard advertisement from Kroger "200 Bonus Fuel Points with $20 purchase" expires 5/12/18. It was in with the regular mail and this thing is huge! 6" x 9" :D It is a coupon and includes a UPC code.

I did the BB deal today for the first time. It almost made me cry. The associate was just flat out mean and I'm very non confrontational but I insisted she ask the manager about buying the Disney card and paying for it with a BB GC. The manager gave the okay but the associate thought I was a criminal (or acted like I was at least.) And my SB QR code wouldn't scan at first. It took so many tries and she needed more help.

And of course, now I'm scared something got messed up and I won't get any SB credit for it. Boohoo.

(I mean, they did let me get the Disney card with the BB GC I had, so that's a win regardless of what I end up with after the fact.)

I did the BB deal today for the first time. It almost made me cry. The associate was just flat out mean and I'm very non confrontational but I insisted she ask the manager about buying the Disney card and paying for it with a BB GC. The manager gave the okay but the associate thought I was a criminal (or acted like I was at least.) And my SB QR code wouldn't scan at first. It took so many tries and she needed more help.

And of course, now I'm scared something got messed up and I won't get any SB credit for it. Boohoo.

(I mean, they did let me get the Disney card with the BB GC I had, so that's a win regardless of what I end up with after the fact.)
Sorry for the very poor service, hoping you get your points!

The receipt should have something a little further down about SB Affiliate (or something like that) and some numbers after it. If you see that, the code was scanned fine.

I did the BB deal today for the first time. It almost made me cry. The associate was just flat out mean and I'm very non confrontational but I insisted she ask the manager about buying the Disney card and paying for it with a BB GC.

That's just messed up. You should go back tomorrow and try again. I had a girl who was a bit confused at the SB code she had to scan and she said "You're not getting anything off on this, right?" :sad2: But majority have been very pleasant.

:laughing: On my last trip, the young male sales clerk said "I really like your coat and scarf." I smiled and said "Thank you." and he goes on saying "Now I don't give out compliments very often so it's a big deal." :rotfl2: I kid you not!!! :rotfl2:I'm so honored nay, I am forever in your deepest gratitude! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter