• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

I haven't been on here in 6 months or so. I read back to the top of the page - that's all I should have to bother with, right? Could everyone drop everything they're doing and spoon-feed me every possible way to save $ on Disney GCs? Also, I need a detailed list on all the ways that used to work that don't anymore. I'd say thanks, but that takes too much effort for me.

:tongue:

Haha - seriously kidding, y'all. Just thought I'd poke my head in and drool a bit since I can't afford any discretionary purchases til my house sells.

I did the BB deal today for the first time. It almost made me cry. The associate was just flat out mean and I'm very non confrontational but I insisted she ask the manager about buying the Disney card and paying for it with a BB GC. The manager gave the okay but the associate thought I was a criminal (or acted like I was at least.) And my SB QR code wouldn't scan at first. It took so many tries and she needed more help.

And of course, now I'm scared something got messed up and I won't get any SB credit for it. Boohoo.

(I mean, they did let me get the Disney card with the BB GC I had, so that's a win regardless of what I end up with after the fact.)

That sux, but don't let it discourage you. When the manager gave the okay, how did they do it? Did they say it was only ok this time, or it was an exception? Or did they tell the cashier it was ok this was an acceptable transaction? Some store might have an individual policy against it even though the system is ok with it, other stores just have over zealous cashiers that misunderstand their training. So depending on the answer you either might want to try another store or just another time and avoid that cashier.
I'm lucky in the 3 stores around here I've tried, none have said I couldn't use GC to GC; but there was a short time where I had two cashiers doubt for a second as I think they had new guidance on gift cards sales. The one just thought about it for a second and came to a conclusion it was ok, ran the transaction and then said 'well it took it, must still be ok' or something like that. The other one checked with the manager to make sure it was still allowed. I asked if there was a change or something new and she said no, it didn't affect these (my 3rd party GC's). But clearly there was a refresh of policy or something that made it stick out in her mind but I couldn't get what it was. That was a couple months ago and since then no one's batted an eye again.
I hope your next trip is smoother :)

I did the BB deal today for the first time. It almost made me cry. The associate was just flat out mean and I'm very non confrontational but I insisted she ask the manager about buying the Disney card and paying for it with a BB GC. The manager gave the okay but the associate thought I was a criminal (or acted like I was at least.) And my SB QR code wouldn't scan at first. It took so many tries and she needed more help.

And of course, now I'm scared something got messed up and I won't get any SB credit for it. Boohoo.

(I mean, they did let me get the Disney card with the BB GC I had, so that's a win regardless of what I end up with after the fact.)
I like to go to customer service so I don't have to deal with a regular cashier for whom I could be blocking a line. I tell them exactly what I'm doing and why. The customer service rep so far always seems really interested in it. I've done as many as 9 transactions in one trip.

Please try again. Don't let one grump get you down.

over zealous cashiers

I think that was the case here. Unfortunately, there aren't any super convenient stores to where I live so it was a hassle to go to this one. Although, I suppose if I have to pick a hassle, I'd rather pick a driving hassle than a store hassle!

I like to go to customer service so I don't have to deal with a regular cashier for whom I could be blocking a line. I tell them exactly what I'm doing and why. The customer service rep so far always seems really interested in it. I've done as many as 9 transactions in one trip.

Please try again. Don't let one grump get you down.

There was literally no one else in the store so I just went through the regular line. I might try CS next time though.

And just to make me feel better, it's been 24 hours. Normal to not see anything pending in my SB account, right? RIGHT? :scared:

I think that was the case here. Unfortunately, there aren't any super convenient stores to where I live so it was a hassle to go to this one. Although, I suppose if I have to pick a hassle, I'd rather pick a driving hassle than a store hassle!

There was literally no one else in the store so I just went through the regular line. I might try CS next time though.

And just to make me feel better, it's been 24 hours. Normal to not see anything pending in my SB account, right? RIGHT? :scared:
Right. Takes 2-3 days usually.

Must have just been an over zealous or, well, jerky cashier. I'm sorry :sad2:

Correct...I bought mine Sunday and they posted on Wednesday...but I was super anxious on Monday and Tuesday:teeth:.

I thought this would be a good place to check... Does anyone know if you can buy gift cards at Costco with a Costco Cash card? I realize they don't sell Disney, but I was thinking some of the other restaurant ones.

Correct...I bought mine Sunday and they posted on Wednesday...but I was super anxious on Monday and Tuesday:teeth:.

I bought one on Monday and I still haven't gotten an email and it's not pending either. I used a BB gc to buy the Dis gc. Thought I'd have gotten the email about the shop by now.

Has anyone gotten the points using a BB gc to buy another gc with the QR code? I can't keep track of how people are paying.

I bought one on Monday and I still haven't gotten an email and it's not pending either. I used a BB gc to buy the Dis gc. Thought I'd have gotten the email about the shop by now.

Has anyone gotten the points using a BB gc to buy another gc with the QR code? I can't keep track of how people are paying.
Yes. Numerous times. In fact I did one Monday this way and received the bonus yesterday.

Hang in there...my shop credit posted at like 7pm (my time, which is 4pm Swagbucks time) so you might see yours post yet tonight. I got the email AFTER the credit went to pending.

Hi guys!

I haven't been on here in 6 months or so. I read back to the top of the page - that's all I should have to bother with, right? Could everyone drop everything they're doing and spoon-feed me every possible way to save $ on Disney GCs? Also, I need a detailed list on all the ways that used to work that don't anymore. I'd say thanks, but that takes too much effort for me.

:tongue:

Haha - seriously kidding, y'all. Just thought I'd poke my head in and drool a bit since I can't afford any discretionary purchases til my house sells.
Fun seeing your name around here!

Hope the house sells soon so you can get back into the GC mix! Sadly, there’s nothing really to drool over like the “good old days.”

Did this once several weeks ago and again yesterday. Received the first credit, haven't received the email for yesterday's yet but I wasn't expecting it yet.

Yes. Numerous times. In fact I did one Monday this way and received the bonus yesterday.

And that's why I'm concerned. You bought yours on Monday as well and already got your points and I haven't even gotten the email. It's on my receipt that it was scanned.

And that's why I'm concerned. You bought yours on Monday as well and already got your points and I haven't even gotten the email. It's on my receipt that it was scanned.
My Sunday purchase showed up on Tuesday afternoon...may have been yesterday but I think it was Tuesday. I am not sure if I have ever got an email. I had had some pend for 5 business days. I'm sure yours will post soon.

I've done it multiple times and didn't get any emails until a few days before the later 100 (or in most cases it's been 200) SB credited - so nearly a month later - and yet I've had no issues.

It's taken quite awhile for mine to show up in pending (a week plus nearly every time) also, but when they do they show dated correctly w/ the purchase date, it just lagged getting there.

I really think that as long as your receipt is showing that hardware/software code thing for using the QR code you're going to be fine, no matter what you get 'proof' wise from SB (or don't) initially. The timing really seems to vary as far as when it all shows up, but it seems like everyone's been fine as long as it's shown that use of the code on their receipts and the 500 (plus 100-200 delayed 30 day) has worked. I've gotten my 500 within 2-5 days without fail (longer if it's got a weekend falling near the purchase time) but like I said, the emails and pending have been MUCH MUCH slower (long after I've gotten the 500 every time!)

And I think the vast majority of us are using BB GCs to buy it with the QR code so you won't have an issue!

I think even some of those who were buying them outright originally because they were skeptical despite most of us doing it with no issues are using BB GCs now also, especially since MGCP has BB GCs now and that combined with Swago is making it an even better deal than it already was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter