Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Request

I am looking for here now/just back reports on the pool shower situation and if they are still closed. Any recent feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Here you go, see below. #2 would probably be your best bet. #1 opens out directly into that sandy area, but it's harder to see out if your kids are over in that bigger pool part. #3 has good sand pool visibility but is set back a little. #4 is more 'secluded' further back...

We are looking at possibly taking a trip and stay at YC or BC and would be interested in a cabana. If we wanted to be able to switch from sun to shade easily, are we better off with cabana #1 and #2? It looks from the picture like they get a lot of sun whereas #3 and #4 are more shaded and secluded. Is that how it is most of the day or does it just happen to be the time of day this picture was taken?

Page 1771-1772

We just made the switch from Poly to YC Feb 24-28. With (mostly) everything in refurb, we wanted to go to a resort we could enjoy. DD is turning 9 and is a water bug, so she'll love the pool.

Anyone know if In Room Dining is being offered yet? I swore I heard someone mention they have opened it to a few resorts.

Sorry it took me so long to :welcome: you back to this thread!

On the plus side- it's time for your trip!

Have a magical time!

:woohoo:

I just booked a return to the Beach Club for our favorite time of the year at WDW - the last week of October.

@natebenma - Please add us to the list for:

Beach Club - GV - Oct 24 -29, 2021

I have a feeling that there will be a pent up demand for WDW once the pandemic restrictions have been lifted. I think (hope) it will be back to normal by then. :)

Will do!

It really is my favorite time of year too. Enjoy!

🎃

We are booked at the BC July 4-9, please add me to the BOG list! :)

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

I just booked a garden view room at YC for May 17 - May 22. My husband and I have never stayed at YC before, so we’re excited to try this resort! What room requests should I make to try to get the best view?

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes:

Page 1773-1774

Our trip to Beach Club is still a long way off but I am obsessively planning. We have a standard room booked. Is it worth requesting a certain area or do all standard rooms have plusses and minuses? Kind of like the idea of the short walk to EPCOT and DHS. Not sure if the rooms on the outer edges have any walking advantage or if its just best to be as close to the lobby area as possible. We tend to prefer quiet over everything else. If any BC regulars have suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

(Fingers crossed....we do get a little lucky catching upgrades. Last time we were at WL, we chatted up the person at check in. Turned out they grew up about 10 miles from where I did in Pittsburgh. She bumped us from a standard room to a Courtyard view room. )

Room requests are very subjective since what is important to you may be different from what others want. For me, the priority at the Beach Club is a room with a full balcony, so I always request that. I think "close to lobby" is the most convenient area to be in, because you are nearest to transportation, the gift shop/restaurants and the outside walkway to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.

:goodvibes

we kept it and it’s huge! We have 3 boys, 17,10, and 8 so the extra room is nice!

Our quick, 5 night stay at the YC is coming to an end. We check out today. Overall we really enjoyed the resort and the boardwalk area. The size of the room was great for our family of five. Water view was worth it. And while we enjoyed the corner room (3001), it’s just too far. I wouldn’t want to stay in this room again. Transportation to/from parks was great. Boys got to enjoy the pool one afternoon and loved the slide. It was pretty crowded, I can’t imagine what it’s like on a summer day with full resorts!

The night we checked in we did beaches and cream. Food was good but service was bad. Very, very slow. They messed up one sandwhich, caught it before bringing food out, and we watched the rest of our food sit there for 10-15min while they remade the one instead of giving us the food that was ready. So by the time everything was brought to our table, it was all kinda soggy.

my one complaint is the QS at the YC. Not many offerings at all. And SUPER slow, even with mobile ordering. We always waited at least 20min past the latest pick up time. We missed the variety at other deluxes, like the poly or contemporary or AKL. We walked over to the BC QS a couple of times and it was alway ready much faster and the food was better.

It was odd sitting on the balcony at night with the boardwalk so quiet and “lifeless.” I’d love to stay here again when things are more normal.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the pictures and the review of your stay.

Was there a shower/tub combo in your room or shower only?

:thumbsup2

We just checked in down the hall from you in 3094... have a great trip!

:welcome: to posting on this thread. Hope your trip was magical!

View from our water view room was great to wake up to

Thanks for sharing this great picture. Definitely a beautiful view!

::yes::

We are traveling last week of April. Our last trip was November 2019 for DH and I. We stayed YC and of course loved it. I am debating between YC and GF for this trip. We honeymooned at the GF way back in 1989. Any advice either way would be great!

I have never stayed at the Grand Floridian, so I can't give you any input comparing the two resorts, but I think others are on the right track advising you to consider which parks you will be visiting most often.

Let us know if you book here!

:cool2:

If you could please add us to the list, we will be back at the Yacht Club for a family trip in October. I reserved three studios at BCV with my points for my husband's family, while my husband and I will be at the Yacht Club. This way we are all close, and get to enjoy the pool together, but I also get a little space to decompress away from everyone too. Plus, if one of them decides not to go we can take over the studio and not lose the points.

YC October 14-21.

Will do!

Sounds like an excellent plan. I hope everyone is able to make it.

We're booked at BC June 28 - July 5th (ugh. no choice on the dates due to a kids sports event. dreading the heat.)
I'm trying to find the best water view rooms to request, even generally, but touringplans room finder is confusing as I can't find the right "class" of rooms on there. Any recommendations on a building or room we should put in our notes? Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The good thing about the Beach Club is that the rooms are all in one building.

The bad thing about the Beach Club is that only half of the rooms have full balconies, so as I mentioned above, that is always my priority request.

Whelp, after having CR booked for a brief stopover during an extended Spring Break trip at the end of March the kids have convinced us to hit up YC again so we changed our reservation and will be there March 23-27th. Super stoked...

Heads up! The Beach Club Villa's quiet pool will be closed for a couple of days.
View attachment 558515

No fear- Stormalong Bay and two other quiet pools are still available for resort guests.
...wow, it didn't look like it needed a refurb when we were there in December... :confused3

enhance

enhance

enhance

...wow, it didn't look like it needed a refurb when we were there in December... :confused3

enhance

enhance

enhance

As always, your pictures are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if they are still doing painting work at the villas and if the closure has anything to do with that.

:confused3

As always, your pictures are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if they are still doing painting work at the villas and if the closure has anything to do with that.

:confused3
....actually, I don't think so....they WERE painting all the balconies and trim, but OMG, they were SO FAST that they literally were finished in TWO DAYS! :eek:

[note the two buckets to the right]
enhance

Excited to be heading back to the BCV next January! Hoping for some warmer January days so the kids can get time at the pool in the afternoons. We're planning to surprise the kids with our trip to Disney for Christmas this year, so somehow we have to manage to keep this a secret for the next 10 months.

Page 1775-1777

Lots of new and returning friends!

:wave2:

Hi all! It's been a VERY long time since I posted here (stupid work gets in the way of my Disboarding). We are arriving Saturday for a 7 night stay in a 1 bed at BCV. BC is my FAVORITE resort on property and I'm so excited to stay there again. I stayed at BCV twice in the fall and I can't wait to be back at my happy place. We rented a cabana for next Thursday....kinda bummed that the slide will be closed but that won't damper my spirits at SAB. Dee, would you like a cabana report? I am more than happy to answer any questions while I'm there about anything BC related.

Hope you are having an absolutely fantastic time.

Reports are that the slide is open again (can you confirm this?), so you should be good for your cabana day!

Were you around for the "Yes, We Have No Cabanas" incident a few years back?

One of the rare times this thread got a little ugly.

:banana::banana::banana:

The slide closed yesterday.

:welcome: to posting here and thanks for the info!

ETA: This post was from Feb 16- slide has reportedly opened as of Feb 23

:goodvibes

I'm not Dee but would love a Cabana report. We have one reserved for a day for our May trip and anything you could fill in would be amazing. Thank you in advance!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

YC or BCV?

Excited to be staying at BCV! We arrive NEXT SUNDAY 🥳🥳🥳 We will be there for our little princess' 👸 5th birthday! (2/28-3/6)

Any suggestions for the room requests for check in? I selected "near elevator" because when we stated at BWV last trip it seemed like a 3 mile hike from elevator to our room through winding halls.
Our priorities will be accessing the big pool and park transportation (which on the map seem to be opposite directions)

Thanks for all the info here, I've really enjoyed reading along!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:cool2:

I'm coming back! Total change of plans, going in April now, but was able to get a discount then so worth pushing the trip back. Additional plus, now I may actually get the ADRs I want!

Dee, can you add me to the BOG list, April 25th-29th at the YC. Thanks!

YAY!!!

Will do!

Just throwing out an update from our trip (we came home Friday). The exterior painting by the Dune's cove pool should be done by the end of the month to the beginning of March. That will open the sidewalk on the parking lot side of the pool. Painting will then finish on a small area on the parking lot side of the BCV building. In the corners you will still see construction as more indepth work needs to be done with the supports to the overhangs in the corners. We had a super informative chat with one of the imagineers about this project. Also, as we were leaving we walked past the Cape May restaurant and a Chef was in there setting up a limited type buffet. I asked if they would be opening soon and his response was that they were doing a tasting for the future. When I zoomed in on the picture I took, all of the items were in there own package and the the ones I could see clearly were desserts. So I think they were using the space to taste test items for the BC market place. Purely speculation. Anyone else walk by last Friday about 12:30????

Thanks for this great info!

:thumbsup2

There are two sets of elevators at BCV (one with three and another with just one - that one is close to the parking lot). Stormalong Bay will be far from nearly every villa at BCV since the villas were built behind the BC resort on the old cast member parking lot. BCV is much smaller than BWV. To catch a bus to the theme parks, you'll need to either walk along the sidewalk between the villas and the villas parking lot or through the courtyard and come out by the Solarium then cross over to the walkway to the bus. It's no longer than walking to the BW bus stop from the villas.

Thank you! We appreciate this info.

::yes::

I got a room near the elevator once and couldn't stand the noise. I could hear the elevator whirring as well as the bell dinging every time the elevator reached the floor. My advice is to never select "near elevator" at BCV unless you have mobility issues.

Also, the general consensus is that the options at online check-in are worthless. Sometimes they offer options which don't even apply to your hotel. If you made a cash reservation through Disney, call 407-W-DISNEY to make a room request. If you are staying on DVC points, the DVC member needs to contact DVC Member Services to make the request (email, chat or call).

To get to the bus for MK and AK: if you go out the entrance of BCV, you don't have to go inside the BC building. There is a path where you walk outside past the BC entrance and continue on to the bus stop.

There is no bus to Epcot; there is a shortcut for walking once you get outside the BCV building.

There is no bus to DHS; either you walk to DHS or walk to the boat launch (which is toward YC) or walk to pick up the Skyliner near Epcot (but it does not go directly to DHS).

As always, thanks for your advice about the villas.

:thanks:

...this was our room when we were there in December:

enhance

...not the greatest of views:

enhance

...but it was only a few steps from the elevator that is near the Compass & Ale Market! VERY convenient....not much walking, especially after a long day in the parks. This is our balcony:

enhance

Thank you for pictures of your room view!

Is there a way to find out which BCV 1 bedrooms have the queen sleeper instead of the double?
When I do online check in it gives me no options for anything in the drop down? I would really like ground floor but I’m allergic to pine and I have seen many pictures of pine around the areas. Is there a way to let Disney know this so that hopefully we would be facing the courtyard or pool and not the pine trees?

when the pools have an open/close time is it a hard stop? We have been to Disney before but first time at BC. I remember the kids swimming at AOA and AKL well after 10pm but I don’t know.

thanks!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Others have given you great advice. I just want to stress that you should definitely let the room assigners know about your pine allergy- Best Aunt gave the info about how to make the request based on how you booked the trip. See the following quoted post.

:flower1:

Skip the options at on-line check in. If you made a cash resie through Disney, call 407-WDISNEY to make a room request. If you have a resie which was made using DVC points, the DVC member should contact DVC member services (chat, email or phone) to make a room request.

This website might help give you an idea of the layout for room requests (and as a reminder, you can click on the link even if it looks like it is still loading):
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Hi all!

We have a trip booked to Beach Club in July, 3 rooms with Garden View.

We are thinking about requesting rooms with full balconies. However on YT I saw a vlog where the person had requested a room with a full balcony, which they had, but the bathroom was much smaller, the double sink was next to the toilet instead of in an open area with a door in between.

Do a lot of the rooms have this smaller bathroom? As we really like the double sink normally not being in the same room as the bath and the toilet. This particular room was on the top floor.

Many thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

We’re booked for BC June 19-26 after our may 2020 trip was cancelled. I’m thinking of surprising my DH with a cabana on arrival day as we usually get to the hotel before 11am, can anyone confirm what is currently included with the cabana?

:cheer2:

Here is the list from the WDW site:

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Beach Club Resort
  • Dedicated Cast Member providing service to the cabanas
  • Cocktail service
  • Ceiling fan
  • Padded furniture, including chairs and couch
  • Television with cable access
  • Charging outlet/USB
  • Mini refrigerator stocked with complimentary sodas and water
  • Fruit basket (may not be available without advance reservation)
  • Plush towels
  • Cabinet safe
I called 60 days out to book. I wanted #3 but it was taken, so I booked #4 which was my second choice. They were only offering full day rentals.

Here‘s the link to all the info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thanks for the fantastic info!

We are now booked for June 5-12th at the Beach Club with a total of three rooms. My older sister is taking her four youngest grandchildren and their mothers. It will be the first trip for the kids. I was invited along to help them make the most out of the trip. This was supposed to have happened in June of 2020 with two suites at Art of Animation but got Covid19 canceled. My sister decided that the delay justified bumping up to a deluxe with the great pool and walkability to two parks and the Skyliner!

Now need the resort to open on time!

Thirty years ago my husband and I joined my s-i-l and family and the grandparents for a brief stay at the Yacht Club - Concierge level. My b-i-l was researching an incentive package for the employees in his company and they invited us to share their room. We had been married a year (no children yet) and I thought WDW was for little kids, but couldn't pass up a cheap vacation. Needless to say, we were blown away and have been back to Disney about a dozen times since then, staying mostly at POR or other moderates with the kids at various ages. We never made it back to YC...just not feasible with a family of 5.

Last year was our 30th anniversary and we were planning a trip to Italy...damn pandemic! So instead, my husband and I are treating ourselves to a trip this September for F&WF (fingers crossed) and I booked us at Yacht Club. No concierge, but it will be a nice, late anniversary trip, nonetheless! Who knows if we'll ever make it to Europe. Two of my kids are probably going to be planning post-Covid weddings soon and I'm afraid the window for Europe will be closed for some time. Sad, not sad, though...I have World Showcase to compensate. No complaints!!

Looking forward to following all the various posts on this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter