• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's a game for adults... Name that drink:

Ingredients
1/2 ounce dark rum
3/4 ounce light rum
1 ounce passion fruit juice
1 pina colada mix
1 ounce orange juice

Directions
Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
Serve in a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a wedge of tropical fruit.

I was just going to say, "ask Erica" but I'll play - Bahama Mama? I could use one about now. On a beach. I am listening to the people next door use a snow blower, and the ones behind us are shoveling their roof.

My reputation precedes me, I see......:rotfl:

Konch Kooler:cool1:

love those drinks:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
charlie:woohoo:

I'm not fast enough! But I did get it right :thumbsup2

Ahh the infamous Drink Discussion.
(Outside of bringing your own boos)

Let's share our experiences for FREE alcoholic drinks.

I have found that every day during the art auction there are apple martinis and cosmos.

Also during the Captains Gala in the main lobby the drinks are free.

I have heard if your ports of call change or get cancelled then there are free drink hours.

You can often find servers offering 2-1 drinks and it never hurts to ask bartender if there is a drink special going on.

This is also on top of the drink of the day.

Other tips are the refillable beer mugs can be filled with pre-mixed frozen drinks so you get more for your money. And Rockin D Bar will sell some mixed drinks by the pitcher.

Shirley is a lovely lady who owns The Perfect Gift a place where you can order stateroom items that are sent right to your room. Have used her in the past and will use her again this cruise. :thumbsup2

Kelly, Shirley will completely customize your gift, too, with things that the recipient would really like. So if you're interested in The Perfect Gift delivering your gift to your stateroom on embarkation day, call them directly and tell them what you want. They don't offer only "off-the-shelf" gifts. They're more known for customizing, like adding kids' names on a sandpail, loading it up with things and treats that that child enjoys, as well as theming of characters, whenver possible. The main thing with this is that the kids could be thrilled to pieces to get to the cabin and see Mickey Mouse left them a gift. Of course they'll do adult gifts, too.

Moreover, Shirley is also well known on the DISboards as being one of the most helpful kind souls out there. Only from reading her postings, I would say she's just a sweetheart and very genuine.

If you need convincing of just how helpful she is, check out this thread that she continually updates to keep us all knowledgable of Cape Canaveral and surrounding areas. You'll also see her post messages about anticipated weather, local activites, or other misc. things that could impact our arrival to the port.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

I had a custom basket made for DH. Snapple, Hershey bars and jucyfruits.
DH was thrilled. You can make special requests, as I did.

Kimberly thanks for the bling links!! I love them all...I can see myself getting into some trouble and wanting to buy them all. I'm going to play it safe and put a few of them on my birthday list this year and hopefully i will be sporting one on the cruise:bitelip:

All this talk of booze:drinking1 has me wondering I was thinking about buying a case of water and having it on the ship, but now I'm wondering if I might as well just order it from disney once we are on the ship...does anyone know how much they charge for a case?

So deck 9 you can get free soda? Just making sure I read that right.

Do you know if you are charged for juice? My aunt was reading a cruise books and she said it said since room service is free call them and request a pitcher of orange juice. Since it's free you can use it with rum or other drinks. I don't know if just some cruises it's free or all of them are free for juice.
Tonya

Oh I am sooooo confused. You mean the drinks that you get at dinner service in the dining rooms are FREE? We were charged for every drink in the dining room...and they were only Diet Cokes. We were so surprised when we got our final bill with the totals....not that there were that many charged (we didn't eat in the dining room but twice), but I thought they were free.

So everyone is SURE there is no charge for pops in the dining room? :confused3

Soda question:

General rule of thumb. If it is in a can you pay for it. If it is not in a can it is free.

Exception is the canned soda at the Castaway Club reception.
(Stock up!!. They also have rice krispie mickey heads)

Juice: Yes juice is free from room service. So is milk. If you have can beer in your room ask your room steward for the large container of ice. It is quite big. Also bring a zip loc bag an fill it with ice and place it in the fridge in the room. Will get beer colder.

Some exceptions at dinner.

You can pay for bottled sparkling or still water.
Coffee is free but specialty coffee like expresso you have to pay for.
Smoothies you have to pay for.
Kiddie cocktails (Shirley Temples) are free

_____

Here is a link I just found. Got me excited

http://picasaweb.google.com/greytgrey/DCLFood

DCL Food pics

All this talk of booze:drinking1 has me wondering I was thinking about buying a case of water and having it on the ship, but now I'm wondering if I might as well just order it from disney once we are on the ship...does anyone know how much they charge for a case?

I wanna say $32? It's in the DCL FAQ, iirc.

In 5 cruises with DCL we have never paid for soda in the dining room. After the 1st one they put in the drink station and we never paid for soda period. You will be charged with room service, at the theater, and at any of the bars. You pay for bottled water and any speciality drinks as well as any alcoholic drink.

When and with whom did you cruise when you were charged for the sodas? Lois

We cruised with Disney, the Eastern Carribean on October 13-20th this past year (so just a few months ago). We never drank any alcohol on the boat & never had any specialty anything from anywhere. We only ordered juice for my DS from roomservice, & never visited any of the bars. I should have asked before we left the boat because I was very surprised. But I asked DH, because maybe my memory was wacky, & he said that yes, we were charged for the pops at the two dinners we attended. Who knows....but we'll make sure to watch it next time!!

Has anyone used Disney to set up a family gathering on a cruise? In 2011, we'll be renewing our vows for our 10 yr anniverssary. We're bringing all our family on the boat (our treat!) and will end up needing around 10 rooms. We want to renew our vows on Castaway Cay (we got married in the Bahamas, conceived our son in the Bahamas, so it seemed only fitting to renew our vows in the Bahamas!)

Anyway--Since the January 2010 dates are already released, it hit me that for planning purposes, the need to contact Disney will come much quicker than 2011. It still seems so far away!

What has been your experience with Disney cruise as far as coordinating a big trip like this? Our wedding was crazy nuts, bringing everyone to the Bahamas, but I think it's because I was in charge of the whole she-bang and stressed myself out :)

Just want to throw something out here.....:rolleyes1

On my other cruises I got together anyone who was interested in sharing the cost for the internet. I really don't use it all that much...but it pays to get the unlimited...

If anyone is interested in spliting the costs let me know..:rolleyes:

How it works is the more people I get..the cheaper the cost...

It just will not work when someone else is logged on...but the is not that common.

charlie:woohoo:

Has anyone used Disney to set up a family gathering on a cruise? In 2011, we'll be renewing our vows for our 10 yr anniverssary. We're bringing all our family on the boat (our treat!) and will end up needing around 10 rooms. We want to renew our vows on Castaway Cay (we got married in the Bahamas, conceived our son in the Bahamas, so it seemed only fitting to renew our vows in the Bahamas!)

Anyway--Since the January 2010 dates are already released, it hit me that for planning purposes, the need to contact Disney will come much quicker than 2011. It still seems so far away!

What has been your experience with Disney cruise as far as coordinating a big trip like this? Our wedding was crazy nuts, bringing everyone to the Bahamas, but I think it's because I was in charge of the whole she-bang and stressed myself out :)

Did you speak to Cathy at FairyTale Weddings yet? I hear she is terrific, but I am not sure if she arranges just the vow renewal or the staterooms and everything.

We were going to do a vow renewal last year for our 20th, but didn't have enough time on the Wonder and now that the price went from $1000 to $1500, we decided to do something else.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter