• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Turks, Dec 06. I wrote a lengthy review about it and posted it on Tripadvisor.com. This is the link. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...s_Caicos-Providenciales_Turks_and_Caicos.html

If you read my review you might think it was the worst vacation ever or that I'm the kind of person who is never satisfied. I really can roll with the punches. We all had a memorable time and my kids still talk about it, asking if we can go again. I just can't justify the high prices.

Eventually, we were offered some compensation other than what was in my review but thats another story.........

Wow! What a lousy way to be treated! Stick with DCL!!

Tap was his favorite part. I could see him mind-wandering after 30 minutes of ballet, but the tap was more his style. But when I asked him if he wanted to try just tap, he said it was all boring. Oh well!

He may change his mind about tap classes after the ballet class memory wears off. When my DD was younger, she was bored in ballet, but after a few months, decided to try tap and loved it....till she found gymnastics, which she still does even now.

Crissi

Let me know if you would like the link

Charlie:woohoo:

Charlie - hopefully this works out in everyone's favor and the wine/liquor can still be delivered to the ship. If so, please send me a link.

We will all look forward to your update I am sure.

Heather--No you should NOT have been charged for your soda in the dining room. We never have been on 5 crusies (excpet for that Palo incident).

We were charged $1.00 per soda but that was because concierge had to have caffeine free diet coke sent to the dining rooms. Other than that, we were never charged for our sodas. BTW, the caffeine free diet coke came to the table in the can with a glass, not just served to us by the glass, so maybe that was also the difference.

Tonight my DD is going to her first official sweet 16 party! It's going to be a pretty big deal since this girl is having it at the Brookville Country Club. I have never been there myself, but it sounds pretty impressive. We have been dress shopping, sweater shopping, shoe shopping, jewelry shopping and a whole bunch of other shopping for this gala. She's very excited to be going and I am excited for her. She has three more coming up in the next month too.

Did anyone have a sweet 16 party like this? I don't ever remember 16 being such a big deal when I was that age. Lucky kids.

I do have to admit though, for my DD's sweet sixteen party/present, we are sending her on a ten day trip to Rome and Paris with my brother, who is a teacher and is chaperoning a trip for his high school language classes. Actually the other 16 year old travelling with us is being going with also, as her sweet sixteen party/present from her parents.

I just had to share all this sweet sixteen stuff.....I guess I am a little excited by it all myself.

Oh I am sooooo confused. You mean the drinks that you get at dinner service in the dining rooms are FREE? We were charged for every drink in the dining room...and they were only Diet Cokes. We were so surprised when we got our final bill with the totals....not that there were that many charged (we didn't eat in the dining room but twice), but I thought they were free.

So everyone is SURE there is no charge for pops in the dining room? :confused3

Yep....we've never been charged for anything other than liquor or "specialty" drinks (i.e. smoothies). You will pay for sodas in a lounge or bar, and also from room service. Otherwise it is supposed to be free. We're pretty cheap that way..even if going into, say, Diversions we've brought in the sodas from the deck 9 drink station. Ha!:) Before every show, we brought - literally- a tray in with us from upstairs...sodas for all and snacks grabbed off the buffet at Beach Blanket. (One convenient show-time snack: the bags of Lays potato chips by the chicken finger place at the kids pool):thumbsup2 Hey...beats paying premium prices at the show snack bar (Of course ALLLLL the kids see others with popcorn popcorn:: and that's *all* they want..be forewarned!)

Wow! For my sweet 16, my mom paid for a full-service salon visit, and took me out to dinner at the Columbia. Paris, Rome, and a Country club? You can be my mom anyday!!!!!:lovestruc :rotfl:

Oh I am sooooo confused. You mean the drinks that you get at dinner service in the dining rooms are FREE? We were charged for every drink in the dining room...and they were only Diet Cokes. We were so surprised when we got our final bill with the totals....not that there were that many charged (we didn't eat in the dining room but twice), but I thought they were free.

So everyone is SURE there is no charge for pops in the dining room? :confused3

In 5 cruises with DCL we have never paid for soda in the dining room. After the 1st one they put in the drink station and we never paid for soda period. You will be charged with room service, at the theater, and at any of the bars. You pay for bottled water and any speciality drinks as well as any alcoholic drink.

When and with whom did you cruise when you were charged for the sodas? Lois

Wow! For my sweet 16, my mom paid for a full-service salon visit, and took me out to dinner at the Columbia. Paris, Rome, and a Country club? You can be my mom anyday!!!!!:lovestruc :rotfl:

Wait, let me explain...the country club party is not my DD's....the party is for a friend she goes to school with (actually the girl is in my GS troop for the past several years with my DD).

The Rome and Paris trip is a wonderful opportunity since it is a local high school educational trip which my brother is chaperoning so the costs are contained.

Still, she is a very lucky teen that we can do this for her. BTW, she takes French and Italian in school so it should be interesting to see how she does with the language overseas.

Wait, let me explain...the country club party is not my DD's....the party is for a friend she goes to school with (actually the girl is in my GS troop for the past several years with my DD).

The Rome and Paris trip is a wonderful opportunity since it is a local high school educational trip which my brother is chaperoning so the costs are contained.

Still, she is a very lucky teen that we can do this for her. BTW, she takes French and Italian in school so it should be interesting to see how she does with the language overseas.

Oh yes, it is a great opportunity!!! Both French and Italian! I guess we have the prefect opportunity to brush up on our Spanish....why is it that every time I get someone that asks me ,"Habla Espanol?" that I draw a complete and total blank..??:sad2: I took 3 years...and I was the Teacher's Aide for the Spanish teacher..I graded all her papers!!!:teacher: Sad...!

Jen: one of the few things I remember from highschool spanish is "Donde esta el quatro de bano" (excuse the spelling)....this may come in handy on this trip. :lmao:

OMG....I can make it at home......:drinking1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Wait a minute.....I have 4 months to go...... dangit!!
:sad2: :sad1: :charac2:

Just mix the juices and leave out the alcohol... that looks suitably tasty, too. :goodvibes

We also ship a box of toiletry items and our snokel gear along with anything else that will fit into a box. I think it costed about $18.00 from Long Island. It was great not having to lug all that extra stuff in our suitcases:love:
When we arrived @ our stateroom the box was already there:banana:

Charlie:woohoo:

How did you ship your package? US Mail, UPS etc? What address do you use? How far in advance? Do you address to yourself and your cabin number? If you can think of anything else that would be helpful let us know. Thanks

How did you ship your package? US Mail, UPS etc? What address do you use? How far in advance? Do you address to yourself and your cabin number? If you can think of anything else that would be helpful let us know. Thanks

Here's what Shirley has noted in her "Helpful Information..." thread. I understand that they ask you not ship more than 2 weeks prior to departure.

WHERE I CAN SHIP BOXES TO:

The warehouse address is:

IDS
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Address the package to them and, in the bottom left corner of the package put the following information:

ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
STATEROOM # XXXX (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
PASSENGER NAME: (name of passenger on reservation)
VESSEL: WONDER or MAGIC
DATE of SAIL:
NUMBER of BOXES: (1 of 1, 3 of 4, or whatever)

(FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC NOT ALLOWED)
(EXCEPT BABY FOOD/FORMULA and must be in plastic container)

SIZE OF BOXES ACCEPTABLE:
The required size of the cartons you are shipping down should be about the size of a record storage box 12x12x6 and should not weigh more than 20 lbs.

PLEASE LET THE WEIGTH BE NO MORE THAN 20LBS
(This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Owner is David Adams and the phone number to IDS is 321-799-9100.

We haven't had any big Sweet 16 stuff here, traditionally. I think all the kids just get their license to drive! :car:

Here's what Shirley has noted in her "Helpful Information..." thread. I understand that they ask you not ship more than 2 weeks prior to departure.

WHERE I CAN SHIP BOXES TO:

The warehouse address is:

IDS
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Address the package to them and, in the bottom left corner of the package put the following information:

ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
STATEROOM # XXXX (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
PASSENGER NAME: (name of passenger on reservation)
VESSEL: WONDER or MAGIC
DATE of SAIL:
NUMBER of BOXES: (1 of 1, 3 of 4, or whatever)

(FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC NOT ALLOWED)
(EXCEPT BABY FOOD/FORMULA and must be in plastic container)

SIZE OF BOXES ACCEPTABLE:
The required size of the cartons you are shipping down should be about the size of a record storage box 12x12x6 and should not weigh more than 20 lbs.

PLEASE LET THE WEIGTH BE NO MORE THAN 20LBS
(This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Owner is David Adams and the phone number to IDS is 321-799-9100.

Thanks for posting this and sorry to be a dope but who is Shirley?

:woohoo: :woohoo: Kimberly......
Thanxs
for posting the infomation reguarding sending boxes to the ship:lovestruc

I sent the box down the week prior to departing via UPS. Just make sure that you include all the info stated...:rolleyes1

We found this to be an excellent way of lighting the load:laundy:

charlie:woohoo:

Thanks for posting this and sorry to be a dope but who is Shirley?

Shirley is a lovely lady who owns The Perfect Gift a place where you can order stateroom items that are sent right to your room. Have used her in the past and will use her again this cruise. :thumbsup2

charlie:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter