• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Early Roll Call for 10-31-04 Happy Halloween Cruise aboard the Wonder !!

hip2besquare: William will ot be taking a gameboy with him on the cruise. He may be taking his Pokemon cards (just a deck, not all of them) but I'm sure we will not be able to get out of the house without his Yu-Gi-Oh cards! Does Isaac play Yu-Gi-Oh as well? I'm sure there will be plenty of other activities to keep them all busy so I don't know how much time they will have to play with their cards.

I can't believe it is just over 2 weeks to go!!

lholman: Since so many others responded positively to the original Gameboy question, we're going to allow Isaac to bring his. He's not into Yu-Gi-Oh, just Pokemon. His entire Cub Scout Den are Pokemon fans and it keeps his interest. We may let him bring SOME Pokemon cards, but not his entire book. Pokemon begins to take on a life of its own if we're not careful. We made Isaac take a "Pokemon Vacation" last weekend and it was GREAT!!!

TROD: Your dining rotation will be on the back (or front, I can't remember) of you KTTW card that they give you at check in at the port. Each stateroom can make a Palo reservation for themselves or a group of people so your father could make one for the entire group but for the second one, if it is just you and your husband, one of you would have to make the reservation yourselves.

Bauerbandt: Last time I staid at the Radisson and wasn't able to make my shuttle reservation until I arrived. I think the earliest slot was 10 a.m. and I took the 10:15 and was probably the 10th in the boarding line. The characters come out around 11:15 for pictures. I'm planning to get there around 10:30 since with the extra hour, we will be bored by 10:30 and ready to go!!

Just a reminder for everyone to watch for me in the boarding line in my black poodle skirt so I can hand you your door signs to cut down on Kellie's walking :) I typed them all up today and am going to print them this weekend. They need to be on your door before the TOT starts.

Marley

Hi all!
I am so excited....only 17 more days!!! I SO need a vacation from work! :Pinkbounc

Ralph and I are wondering if we should book our Atlantis excursion now, if it is even possible. Does anyone know if it is possible, and if it is, would it be wise to book it now? In other words, is there any danger of it selling out? We know we could always just pay the admission and get in anyway, but the excursion would be our first choice.

:hyper: ::MinnieMo

Hi all...

O.K. Question....A couple of you are talking about "dress-up" clothes for the kids. I was under the impression that we didn't have to dress up for dinner...I know that Triton's is a bit dressier, but still planned on putting Logan in nice shorts and shirt...did I miss something regarding dress code? YIKES!! PLEASE let me know what you are all doing regarding attire for dinners.

Veebeecee...I think you can book your excursion ahead of time...we are getting a room at Comfort Suites (right next door to Atlantis) so that we can spend the day at Atlantis and use their facilities...so I haven't had to deal with booking any excursions.

My excitement level is about a 10++++++!!!! I have started a list of things to do before we leave....I have my suitcase sitting in my bedroom...The dogsitter is coming over tonight to re-aquaint herself with our babies... things are falling into place!!! Come on 31st!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

The way I read in my Passporter is no shorts, or jeans in the sit-down dining rooms.

I got this off the disney site
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...ngOnBoardFAQGrping#DiningOnBoardDinnerWearFAQ

What should I wear to dinner?
For more specific suggestions, look under "What do I bring for evenings?" The attire for Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay is casual. Lumière's, Triton's and Palo are more formal. We kindly request that no shorts, swimsuits, T-shirts or jeans be worn in any of our restaurants in the evening.

Just a friendly reminder that our TOT is CLOSED.

Without a cut off date, those of us who have been planning for months on this thread would have to plan for our TOT at the last minute and many of us are planners and needed that cut off date.

I apologize to those of you who have PM'd me and hope you understand that the decision stands.

If you are reading this in the future, I hope you have a great cruise and you are still welcome to join us at our 2 DIS meets.

Ah the great dress code debate:crazy: I say wear what makes you feel comfortable.

I'm not debating, because I truly don't care what anyone wears as long as they look somewhat neat and don't smell. But Shana, in response to your question, my boys will be in kackies? and a shirt. (not t-shirts ) Mostly because we rarely get to dress nice and I think it makes dinner kind of special. That being said, if we can't get switched to the early seating the boys probably won't eat dinner in the dining room anyway. There is just no way they could start dinner at 8pm.

Just ordered a few things from oriental trading for the tot. The boys all have their costumes, and John and I still don't know what we'll be dressed as.
Pammyjo

Hello all. I wanted to just mention that I called the Radisson today and they said that I could call back one week before our stay and reserve a spot on the shuttle to the port. I am very excited. My son will also have his gameboy and Yu-Gi-Oh cards onboard.

personally, I am giving serious consideration to wearing a speedo at dinner, which will probably insure that stephie and I will have the dining room mostly to ourselves, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shana:

I think you should probably take suggestions from people who have cruised before on what to wear to dinner. Those who have sailed on Disney previously are aware of what is acceptable

I have never sailed on this line, so I cannot say. But on other cruise lines shorts are not allowed in the dining rooms (even for kids).

We will be getting a little dressed up for Tritons (shirt & tie and "fancier" dress). Other evenings I will be wearing sundress type dress or dressier slacks, dh just slacks and casual shirt.

The time is almost here.

Originally posted by acrucifer
personally, I am giving serious consideration to wearing a speedo at dinner, which will probably insure that stephie and I will have the dining room mostly to ourselves, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Believe me folks, if Ralph puts on a Speedo, I will be nowhere in sight! I love him but I will be saying "Ralph. Ralph who?" ;)

Seriously though....before our first Disney Cruise, someone described the attire of most guests as "neat-casual" and I have found that to be the case for the most part. It is vacation after all! The exceptions are of course formal and semi-formal nights and Paolo's. I did see families nicely dressed for all dinners and I think that is great if that's what floats your boat. Ralph and I seem to go by the neat-casual rule, but I do have proof that Ralph wore a tux on formal night on our first cruise! People do try to adhere to the "Disney rules" on dress...I have never seen anyone badly dressed at dinner.:hyper:

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to put Logan in Khaki slacks, and I already have several nice Hawaiian type shirts for him. As for Brent, shirt and tie I guess for Triton's....are any of men/hubby's bringing a jacket?? :confused:

my husband only wore a jacket in Triton's and Palo's. Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay are very casual. For men or boys, khakis and a polo type shirt or tropical type shirt are fine. The only time I wore something other than a nice sundress was to Palo's and it still was just your typical black dress, no gown or anything like that. AND I never wear hose, regardless of what I'm wearing :) It's all about comfort!!

Marley

well, I thought that while my speedo is in the washer machine on the spin cycle waiting to find its way into my suitcase I would offer my 2 cents. on our two past disney cruises, stephie and I dined with people who dressed up at the restaurants and those who who dressed more casual in order to be more comfortable. Disney doesnt enforce any dress code, even on formal nights during the 7 days cruises (at least they didnt on our two cruises). I personally am a casual type guy and I will dress for comfort without concern for what others think, including Disney. Its your vacation, if you want to dress up, hey go for it and fire up the video camera, if thats not your thing, then put on your comfortable clothes and smile. I dont think anyone should be told they have to wear a noose around their neck (a tie) if they dont want to and if your hate polo shirts, then you shouldnt have to wear one. to each their own. I dont think its a bad idea to have a sports coat, because that its must at palos in the evening, and although I think they want you to wear a noose (for guys) around your neck, I never have and they always let me in without comment. hey just my two cents, but I dont think anyone should sweat it either way. Ralph.

The last few weeks is the hardest, isn't it!

How many of us are going on to time at the Disney resorts and parks after the cruise?

Ralph may have already posted this, but we are going on to the Beach Club Villas, our first vacation club visit. We will be there for 5 more days of fun! :hyper: :cheer2: :wizard:

Stephanie: we are DVC members as well (since 2001) and this will be the first time we are not staying at a DVC resort. We will really miss our "Welcome Home". We are instead going to stay at the Caribe Royal Resort with the rest of our family this one time. :earseek:

Marley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter