Elon and Peltz

Walt was a dreamer, Elon is a dreamer. They both had abstract ideas and the will to bring them to life. Beyond that, I think Elon being involved with Disney would help its stock price short term but how it would be overall for the company in the long run, I don't know.

Walt was a dreamer, Elon is a dreamer. They both had abstract ideas and the will to bring them to life. Beyond that, I think Elon being involved with Disney would help its stock price short term but how it would be overall for the company in the long run, I don't know.
Walt Disney had heart and a joy for life. He wanted to spread happiness. He was a kid at heart and wanted people of all ages to experience the enthusiasm for life that kids naturally have. Musk has none of those qualities. Any major involvement by him would be a disaster for the soul of the WDC.

Walt Disney had heart and a joy for life. He wanted to spread happiness. He was a kid at heart and wanted people of all ages to experience the enthusiasm for life that kids naturally have. Musk has none of those qualities. Any major involvement by him would be a disaster for the soul of the WDC.
I don't know Elon Musk personally but I try not to judge people based on media portrayals.

I certainly judge him based off of how he runs Twitter and what he says on his personal Twitter account. And my final judgement is that he would be a disaster for the Disney company.

I do want new blood to run the company and believe that Iger needs to go soon but no thank you to Elon or Peltz.

Walt had some pretty progressive views for his time. I don’t think I would have an issue with him if he were alive today.
To be fair, he had some not so progressive views too. I am not saying he was a bigot, sexist, or racist, because I have seen no evidence to this; only evidence to the contrary. However, he voted conservatively and was highly against unions. These do not make him a bad person, but maybe not as progressive on everything.

My initial comment stands. Both Walt and Elon were dreamers with the willpower to create those dreams. Very rarely do we have individuals in society like them. Howard Hughes, Henry Ford, Steve Jobs ....

Clearly, there is an Elon fan-boy in the house. 🙄 Elon did not create any dreams. He successfully bought companies that were already doing things. And yes, made those companies much more successful, I'm not going to deny him that. But he created nothing new himself.

You should probably get your facts straight, Elon is not a genius engineer. He doesn't even have an engineering degree. He's an idea guy and there's been plenty of articles out there indicating that he's actually never designed anything nor could he. Its weird how things get made up about him. The true engineers and founders of tesla were Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. What Elon does do a good job of is jumping on the back of brilliant people to take credit from. It's funny how if you force yourself into the limelight you get credit for things that you have very little to do with. The brilliant people know what they built they don't need to throw it in people's face. Twitter is failing because he's trying to do it himself(probably to prove something) and there's no one there to help him. He is a true narcicst.

I'm not a huge fan of Warren Buffett either however at least he built his own empire(at the begining) out of nothing. You could argue without Charlie Munger Berkshire Hathaway wouldn't be what it is today which has been echoed by Warren Buffett himself multiple times. I don't like his if I can do it anyone can so I'm not going to help you mantra however Warren is far from being a narcicst like Elon.

I wouldn't want either running Disney, if you think the penny pinching is bad now get either one of those guy's behind the wheel and the'll be charging for napkins.
ok if you say he’s not an “engineer” himself then he is a genius “manager of engineers”. My point still stands… he has great skills in one area of business. This doesn’t make him an all knowing god.

Steve Jobs is a good parallel for Elon. Brilliant people, visionaries, but created absolutely nothing with their own hands and stood on the shoulders of the pioneers in their fields, and had questionable personal lives. They still advanced their fields and companies considerably with their leadership. I’m not saying they were/are good human beings, but their impact on society is undeniable. It’s like when people go on and on about so and so being a horrible businessman when they are worth 6 billion and you’re renting a room at Pop Century.

Regarding comments about Elon's personality/behavior.....he is on the Spectrum, Asperger's, which probably has a lot to do with that.
If you have seen him in person or dealt with him, you can totally tell that he doesn't understand humans. We are riddles to him :rotfl2:

If you have seen him in person or dealt with him, you can totally tell that he doesn't understand humans. We are riddles to him :rotfl2:
Absolutely!

As you learn more abut him, you learn he is a transhumanist...helping people with disabilities is only the tip of the iceberg. He is an "interesting" person to say the least...and not "interesting" in a positive way.

Absolutely!

As you learn more abut him, you learn he is a transhumanist...helping people with disabilities is only the tip of the iceberg. He is an "interesting" person to say the least...and not "interesting" in a positive way.
There are some positives but definitely more negatives as time goes on.

a ketamine prescription also does not help, in the most recent interview he says he has it for when he is in a 'negative frame of mind"
Yeah, this was wild. I knew some people in college that tried ketamine! No thank you! Hopefully he's taking a small amount, a very small amount.

This is the same guy who would go ride Space Mountain in WDW before every Space X launch in FL. I wouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter