Going to be at POP 9/29-10/8? Then get to know who you're vacationing with here!

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
AGREED! we need a new question!!!!!!!!

What's your MUST NOT MISS TV show??

EEK! We have one for each night of the week... but tops are:

House - which we have missed the last two weeks! Can't get used to it's new time!

Nip/Tuck or Rescue Me depending on the season

Sopranos - one season every five years it seems!

Grey's Anatomy

Desperate Housewives

Without a Trace

Hey guys! Long time. Been out of town for a bit, so I havent been keeping good track of these boards, good to see they are still alive and well. I can't believe we are inside the 20 day mark now. 18 days for me, and even less for a lot of you guys.

DH and I both love Ghost Hunters

I've never seen this show, but Labor Day weekend I was at DragonCon, in Atlanta (I know, I am such a nerd) and the guys from this show were there. I sat in on a panal about Ghost Hunting, though, still not entirely convinced that there are any real ghosts (outside of the Haunted Mansion of course).

So far as my favorite show, Lost takes the cake. I don't have any dinner ADR's planned for Wednesday, 4 Oct, because I will be back in my room, watching the season premiere, Disney can wait. I just picked up the season 2 DVDs, and I thin re-watching the episodes is what is going to get me through these next two weeks before our trip. My other favorite shows are Firefly (canceled) and South Park (probably the funniest, most clever show I have ever seen).

I have a question for you guys, how many of you have been fortunate enough to see Disney's Song of the South, and those that havent, is it something you'd want to see?

Hope all is well, take care!

Brian

OMG i forgot about without a Trace, i never catch this show, but when we do, we're HOOKED!!! such GREAT writing!! i wish it would get a better time/day slot!

Never seen song of the south, not sure what it is even about!!

Goodnight POPpers!!! ANother day behhind us!!

Song of the South is the film on which Splash Mountain is based and tales the stories of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. It's a mixture of live action and animation. The film was made in 1946, was released a couple of times theatrically (1986 being the last year it was theatrically released) and has never been made available commercially on video or DVD. The film takes place in the pre-civil war south and the main character, Uncle Remus, is a slave that entertains the plantation owner's grand children with the stories of Brer Rabbit. Disney has decided not to make this film commercially available due to the nature of the content and the way the film depicts slavery.

Well, that's the short answer. I try not to get too long winded on subject that other people may not find terribly interesting.

But, I absolutely love this movie, and I think its a shame that Disney won't release it to the public. So, I was just trying to see if anyone had seen it, and wanted to see what you guys think about it.

We (DA-Carol, DB-Mike, DC-Christopher and me Christine) are going to be at the POP 9/29 to 10/7.

I have been the planning maniac for months now. I have changed dining reservations about 15 times! I presented all the dining options to my family months ago and asked for input. Everyone said whatever I did would be o.k. with them. Until last night, my brother decided to review our trip itinerary! Well, he calls me with suggested changes. Of course I tell him I asked for his input months ago and it would be very hard to change reservations at this point with all the free diners out there!! I was able to make one change only. Mind you my brother has logged in many trips to WDW and knows much about the world, but where was his enthusiasm two months ago? Argh!!!

I am o.k. about it now, just happy to share my excitement with someone else besides my beloved dis'ers.

I do plan on picking up my Mickey heads from Home Depot. I think this is really neat. I do look forward to meeting my fellow dis'ers at the World.

Only 16 days, 22 hours, 49minutes, 40 seconds to go!!!!

Have a magical day everyone!

Disney World -- Contemporary -- 1975 (I think, very young at the time)
Disney World -- Ft. Wilderness -- 1981 (again an estimate)
Disney World -- Off site -- Senior High Class trip -- 1986
Disney World -- Polynesian -- 1987 -- last trip w/parents
Disney Land -- 1997-2001 -- Many trips, my boss’s favorite place to take clients
Disney Land -- 2004 -- Offsite --Started my pin addiction!!!
Disney World -- 2005 -- Caribbean Beach Resort

My mom took me to see Song of the South in the theater, it must have been on it's last release, so if you say 1986, that must be it. I would have been 8 years old. I remember really liking it, but I can also understand not wanting to release it...I think it would be a nice Disney Treasure, with some commentary to put it all in perspective.

Anyway, my fav TV shows....Grey's Anatomy (got hooked this summer..amazing show!) and Eureka on Sci-Fi. I'm trying not to watch as much TV as I used to...I have too much else I want to get done when I get home! :goodvibes

BTOWN, thanks for that info. I guess i can understand why theyhave not released it, it's a shame i never saw it though.

FanOfPixar said:
We (DA-Carol, DB-Mike, DC-Christopher and me Christine) are going to be at the POP 9/29 to 10/7.

I have been the planning maniac for months now. I have changed dining reservations about 15 times! I presented all the dining options to my family months ago and asked for input. Everyone said whatever I did would be o.k. with them. Until last night, my brother decided to review our trip itinerary! Well, he calls me with suggested changes. Of course I tell him I asked for his input months ago and it would be very hard to change reservations at this point with all the free diners out there!! I was able to make one change only. Mind you my brother has logged in many trips to WDW and knows much about the world, but where was his enthusiasm two months ago? Argh!!!

I am o.k. about it now, just happy to share my excitement with someone else besides my beloved dis'ers.

I do plan on picking up my Mickey heads from Home Depot. I think this is really neat. I do look forward to meeting my fellow dis'ers at the World.

Only 16 days, 22 hours, 49minutes, 40 seconds to go!!!!

Have a magical day everyone!

Disney World -- Contemporary -- 1975 (I think, very young at the time)
Disney World -- Ft. Wilderness -- 1981 (again an estimate)
Disney World -- Off site -- Senior High Class trip -- 1986
Disney World -- Polynesian -- 1987 -- last trip w/parents
Disney Land -- 1997-2001 -- Many trips, my boss’s favorite place to take clients
Disney Land -- 2004 -- Offsite --Started my pin addiction!!!
Disney World -- 2005 -- Caribbean Beach Resort

:wave2: hey neighbor! I am from Delaware County,Pa and also checking in on the 29th... the big bird touches down at 11:00AM but will not doing ME since my dsis decide to rent a car, but we are checking in luggages so if you are arriving that time I might see you at MCO baggage claim. where are you flying out ? De or PHL ? :woohoo:

Song of the South is one of my favorites. I have it on video. It's a copy of a copy that a friend of mine got when it was released in another country. (I don't remember which country, I haven't watched it in a couple years. ) It's in english but it has foriegn language subtitles...Japanese, I think. I don't know, I'd have to watch it again. It's not great quality, but definately watchable. :thumbsup2

We are only 15 min. from PHL so we will be flying out from there. We have a lay-over (yuck!) so we will arrive at noon. By the way, I grew up in Delaware County in PA! We are doing ME but will get our own luggage. Hope to see you there.

Christine

antss2001
we check into pop on sept 27 till oct 3 my DH dad lives in broomal my sister in collegeville and her 2 sons in king of prussia all out of DVC points so I took the free dining
maria

i think i am going to burst! i just went into my room and saw all our luggage lined up in the sitting area and realized...WOW i'm going on vacation!!!

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
i think i am going to burst! i just went into my room and saw all our luggage lined up in the sitting area and realized...WOW i'm going on vacation!!!

You aren't packing all ready, are you?

We'll be leaving in 16 days.

That means, we'll start packing in 15 days.

Oh man, didnt realize I was just about at the 2 week mark.

Geez, you're ahead of the game. But I have to admit, I wish I was the same way. It never fails that my GF and start packing the night before the trip, we run around like mad all night trying to finish everything up, and then we dont get any sleep, and we are completely spent for the first day of our vacation. Oh well, at least we can sleep on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter