"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys might think this is cute.... Savannah wrote her very first story (remember she is in 1st grade) in school today and I am in a giggle fit over it!
Here it is... I will bold some of the funny words she misspelled

Once Upon a time there was a bootiful princess named princess savannah. She had yellow hair and blue eyes. Princess Savannah lives in a big kasle that sparkles in the sun. She wares reel rainbows for eerings. Princess Savannah loves to spin in her long purple dress with flowers. She is very rich and everbody loves her. THE END

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
I think someone has been sitting on the thrown for too long princess:

AWWW! I love it when they think so much of themselves!!!!

DS had to make me a card at preschool to invite me to the Mother's Day Tribute next week. He drew pictures of lots of presents and wrote inside (with teacher's help) My Mommy Likes Lots Of Presents :rolleyes1

You guys might think this is cute.... Savannah wrote her very first story (remember she is in 1st grade) in school today and I am in a giggle fit over it!
Here it is... I will bold some of the funny words she misspelled

Once Upon a time there was a bootiful princess named princess savannah. She had yellow hair and blue eyes. Princess Savannah lives in a big kasle that sparkles in the sun. She wares reel rainbows for eerings. Princess Savannah loves to spin in her long purple dress with flowers. She is very rich and everbody loves her. THE END

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
I think someone has been sitting on the thrown for too long princess:

AWWW that is so darn sweet.

Are you sure you raised that child??

DS had to make me a card at preschool to invite me to the Mother's Day Tribute next week. He drew pictures of lots of presents and wrote inside (with teacher's help) My Mommy Likes Lots Of Presents :rolleyes1

Enjoy it! Last year my Ds 13 forgot about mothers day all together :rotfl: :rotfl: but it was loads of fun to play the martyr and put the guilt trip on him the entire day :rotfl2:

Specifically the $112 dress :rotfl2:
M2201-07.jpg

The last picture DS drew if my was of me at my desk and he drew mickey ears to represent the DIS.......

That is HILARIOUS!!!! :lmao:
DS hasn't ratted me out on my Dis addiction YET, but he did try to rat me out on my purse binge the other night at dinner!!:scared1:

That is one thing I dont have to worry too much over. Each kid has their own pc and internet ....well the boys do, Savannah uses daddy's pc for the disney website and pbs website and hannah montana website....

anyway if i let them, they would be on there more than ME :rotfl2: of course they are older so it makes a difference

That looks like a dress from Wooden Soldier to me.

Boy...that girls got good taste! (the expensive kind)

That looks like a dress from Wooden Soldier to me.

Boy...that girls got good taste! (the expensive kind)

yup I get the mag all the time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
We love it but OUCH i have to be VERY choosy about what I buy from there :rotfl: :rotfl: She has been bugging me for that purple dress and I think its ugly for that much money :rotfl2:
------
OK I was wandering outside of the room again... got a question now... Do you tip for both housekeeping AND turn down service?!?!! Shoot all these years I tip in the morning before we leave but never even thought about tipping for turn down service... I just figured it was the same lady doing it :rotfl:
So what is your take, do you tip for turn down or not?

OK, flame suit on again, but I do not tip for either. Housekeeping at WDW is not a tipped position so we don't do it... If you don't want to leave me towel animals as my punishment, then fine by me!! (But we always seem to get them anyway :rolleyes1 )

OK, flame suit on again, but I do not tip for either. Housekeeping at WDW is not a tipped position so we don't do it... If you don't want to leave me towel animals as my punishment, then fine by me!! (But we always seem to get them anyway :rolleyes1 )

hmmm i guess your answer is no then? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Alright gals, if I don't clean my house I don't think anyone else will either!! I HAVE to start the weekend with a clean house (yet another one of my "sicknesses")

TTFN!!

Hey, just catching up...

Mandy, if you do the vow renewal...(why do I always want to type VOWEL..) anyway, I wuold LOVE to come.:goodvibes I won't wear Crocs, either.:rotfl: I just couldn't see DH and I doing it - and I am not sure why....maybe if i see it on TV tonight the wheels will start turning.;)

We will be married 20 yrs this Sept and I PLANNED on going to the GF and having a beautiful turret honeymoon room for a little getaway, but my parents are buying a new house and moving right about that time, so it won't happen for us at WDW this year. :sad1:

Praline...I have some rebates. Those are a pita, though...but I want my money back.

I hate crocs, too. I just bought those flip flop ones, though because they were $20 at 6pm.com and my girls have them and they are super cushy....they're super ugly though. Hopefully I won't see anybody I know at WDW...that's the ONLY place I'd wear them EVER.

:guilty: Oh...I ALWAYS tip the housekeepers....they are such sweet ladies and they don't make much at all for all the crap they do. They have left me kind notes and thanked me in person....I know they appreciate it so much and I figure I am a spoiled brat staying in a $700-1000/nt room, I can leave a few bucks for them daily.:guilty: I feel terrible if I forget....I always tip double the next day. These poor ladies will most likely never get to stay in a GF hotel room and that makes me so sad so leaving a $5 or a $10/day is nothing and it's not going to break us. I DO tip separately for turndown. :thumbsup2 They are different ladies for sure. The morning staff is long gone by turndown time.

See I learn something new every day :rotfl2:

I tip in the morning but never even thought about turn down :rotfl: I saw a post about it and I felt bad :sad2:
I leave the $1 per person tip for housekeeping... chan how much do you leave for turn down? the same? This is all new to me :rotfl2: what time of the day do you leave it for turn down? I am not even sure what time they show up to do it... it just magically appears :rotfl2:

I leave either $5 to $10 for regular housekeeping (usually just a $5 and some singles too if I have them but not usually $10 unless that's the smallest bill we have!) and then a $5 for turndown. THey usually come about 7 - 8 pm. We are not always there in the afternoon to leave the turndown, so if I miss I double up the next day...although I don't leave a $10 for turndown as a double up...more like a $5 and a couple singles. I leave what I have...for daily no more than $10 but for turndown no more than $5.

The ladies NEED the money. That supid butt Rusty S over on that other thread is obnoxious with his "opinion".:headache: I would hate to be a housekeeper - that and a bus driver would be on my crap list of jobs.:rotfl: So I really appreciate them & what they do for us. They alwyas leave us tons of toiletries and 8 + towels. DH also tips the lounge ladies. He just slips them a $20 or so before we leave.

I leave either $5 to $10 for regular housekeeping (usually just a $5 and some singles too if I have them but not usually $10 unless that's the smallest bill we have!) and then a $5 for turndown. THey usually come about 7 - 8 pm. We are not always there in the afternoon to leave the turndown, so if I miss I double up the next day...although I don't leave a $10 for turndown as a double up...more like a $5 and a couple singles. I leave what I have...for daily no more than $10 but for turndown no more than $5.

The ladies NEED the money. That supid butt Rusty S over on that other thread is obnoxious with his "opinion".:headache: I would hate to be a housekeeper - that and a bus driver would be on my crap list of jobs.:rotfl: So I really appreciate them & what they do for us. They alwyas leave us tons of toiletries and 8 + towels. DH also tips the lounge ladies. He just slips them a $20 or so before we leave.

See I have tipped conceirge lounge employees in other resorts but Disney always says NOT to tip the lounge employees for conceirge :confused3 what is up with that :rotfl2:

See I have tipped conceirge lounge employees in other resorts but Disney always says NOT to tip the lounge employees for conceirge :confused3 what is up with that :rotfl2:

Disney is so bogus. :sad2: We have some ladies we've gotten to know over the years so he slips them some cash. :confused3

The new curbside check in people wre taking tips and it was wrong and unfair of them because of the policy, and the professional CM desk concierge staff are told not to accept cash tips and they didn't because they could get fired. Then to see these punky curbsiders flaunting their $$$ was just terrible. Anyway...it gets better....they even had to rearrange the little curbie introductory spiel because people would not know who to tip the curbies concierge CMs or the bell svs...and the curbies had FIRST access to guests so they would leave the bell guys stiffed!!:rotfl: Greedy little buggers.:mad: Anyway, I think since all that tahdoo they MIGHT have loosened up a bit on the desk CMs accepting tips, too:confused: ....not sure but I know that if you INSIST, they can take it.:rotfl: They can't be rude afterall....:rolleyes: We don't cash tip the desk staff though because we are friendly with them and to me that's so awkward....we do gift cards or just gift baskets - stuff. DH does the lounge tipping very discreetly....only to the ladies we know, too.

I have never known any other hotel chain not allow an employee to accept tips :rotfl2:
That is why i thought the whole thing was strange!

As DH always handles our tipping I am not too suave on it :rotfl2:
I had to ask him how much he usually tips the cabbie and bell service kids as I never mess with it.... thats why I married him ..so I wouldn't have to mess with it :laughing:

So I am assuming if a conceirge guest does something extra nice or is very sweet, if I do tip them they won't laugh in my face and send me to tacky prison :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter