"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never known any other hotel chain not allow an employee to accept tips :rotfl2:
That is why i thought the whole thing was strange!

As DH always handles our tipping I am not too suave on it :rotfl2:
I had to ask him how much he usually tips the cabbie and bell service kids as I never mess with it.... thats why I married him ..so I wouldn't have to mess with it :laughing:

So I am assuming if a conceirge guest does something extra nice or is very sweet, if I do tip them they won't laugh in my face and send me to tacky prison :thumbsup2

Mine does the tipping usually, too....I am OK with it though.

No you won't be ostracized....:rotfl2: You will be loved.:rotfl: They most likely will not accept the money though:guilty: .....it's not a rumour..it's true that they can get FIRED for accepting the tip. How crappy is that? BUT these concierge curbside check in people were gladly and greedily taking the money and showing it off.:sad2: So apparently it must be who you know or something that allows you to accept the cash. :rolleyes: There is some truth to the rule that if a guest insists THREE TIMES that the CM take the tip, they can take it...(but then it's supposed to be turned in:eek: ) What garbage is that?? :rolleyes1

It's bogus. Do what you are comfortable with. :thumbsup2

I just DO feel bad for anybody that is in a housekeeping position.:guilty: They don't make enough for what they have to deal with daily. I know not everybody tips or thinks it's necessary - and that's fine, but I do.

Hey ladies,

I have a question about the bus to/from MGM, er I mean Hollywood Studios from the GF. We will have a car while we are there, but I'd rather take the bus just so I can have a few (dozen) cocktails while we are there. Is it total madness catching the bus back to GF after Fantasmic lets out? :scared1:

Thanks!:worship:

Hey ladies,

I have a question about the bus to/from MGM, er I mean Hollywood Studios from the GF. We will have a car while we are there, but I'd rather take the bus just so I can have a few (dozen) cocktails while we are there. Is it total madness catching the bus back to GF after Fantasmic lets out? :scared1:

Thanks!:worship:

It is just one of those... IT DEPENDS... always have a plan B :thumbsup2
I like using the cabs. From GF to DHS it is $13 or was in Feb. It was worth it for me not to have to wait in the line I saw :cool1:
so plan on the bus but be willing to change to a cab if need be. The cabs are kind of hidden at DHS, so ask a CM where they are.

That's why we never stay for Fanstasmic...besides the fact that we don't care for it...it is crazy busy crowded. We only do it if we can walk back to the YC or S/D. But we've only done it once in about 60 trips because we didn't think it was THAT great.:confused3

Here's a good one......(along the lines of yesterday's conversations, haha)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1813006

See ya all later!!

:)

It is just one of those... IT DEPENDS... always have a plan B :thumbsup2
I like using the cabs. From GF to DHS it is $13 or was in Feb. It was worth it for me not to have to wait in the line I saw :cool1:
so plan on the bus but be willing to change to a cab if need be. The cabs are kind of hidden at DHS, so ask a CM where they are.

Thanks! I think we will have the cab as a Plan B option. I have never seen Fantasmic at WDW, only at Disneyland, so I am curious to see the difference (plus not sitting on the ground for 2 1/2 hours staking out a spot like you have to at DL appeals to me :))

Thanks! I think we will have the cab as a Plan B option. I have never seen Fantasmic at WDW, only at Disneyland, so I am curious to see the difference (plus not sitting on the ground for 2 1/2 hours staking out a spot like you have to at DL appeals to me :))

Its nice to see once or twice. Savannah and I plan on skipping it this trip. She wasn't as impressed with it :confused3

Channing- Are you talking about the airline resort check-in guys?? We tipped them last time...should we not:confused3

Here is a funny little email you gals may enjoy :rotfl2:

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT !

1. You spend the first two years of their life
teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend
the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward
for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why
some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you.
In fact, they usually repeat word for word
what you shouldn't have said

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties
is to remind yourself that there are children
more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes,
but they are still getting in.

And my FAV!!!
IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION
AND YOU GET A HEADACHE,
DO WHAT IT SAYS
ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:
'TAKE TWO ASPIRIN'
AND 'KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN'!!!!!

That made me laugh. I am crabby tonight. I think I need a good night's sleep. I am ready for the Disney show on the travel channel and my blankie

I tip the following people

airline check in people $1 per bag
DME $1 per item I stow under neath
Mousekeeping $2 per person per day
( they arent listed as a tipped posistion and usually make over $9.00 an hour I am told) I am not saying thats alot though
it isnt

I tip at turn down as well usually 4 bucks

I sent gift baskets to the IPO and concierge staffs from
www.harryanddavid.com
and some other places to say thanks for the help
I have been told they ARE NOT to take CASH TIPS and can be fired for it
I have been hearing alot of the young kids taking tips and the other CMs are not happy about it

I always skip fantasmic I think it stinks
Even with the tickets the lines are to long and its a pain to keep the kids busy
while waiting for it to start
the shows ok but not something I am oh I have to see this

How cute Kelly! They have a sugar free candy basket too :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I think I just might order that sucker for myself and have it delivered to our room :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can put on the card Do my goddess From Capt Jack
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We have never seen Fantasmic. My oldest dd is still pretty afraid of things and I was worried it was too scary.

Well....just got an email from Calvin at the Grand. He has some of my ressies entered. That made my night! I love it when the say " Have a Grand Evening" after he says....I need your credit card info.

I did this so far:

Arrival Christmas Day (not for sure yet-may be Dec 23) Dinner Chef Mickeys (girls choice)
Sleigh ride after

Dec 26- BBB at 11 and then Wonderland Tea Party (may change BBB to the GF spa but not sure yet) MK that night for parade and fireworks
Dinner 1900 Park Fare

Dec 27- Pirate Cruise for the girls then cabana rental
Hoop Dee Doo Review that night

O.K. that is all I have for now. We are not spending much time in the parks until we get our VIP guide lady. (unsure of what days yet)

Did you guys like BBB???

Channing- Are you talking about the airline resort check-in guys?? We tipped them last time...should we not:confused3

These guys we tip since they are skycabs working at a hotel... we tip bell services too! :thumbsup2 Even DME gets a couple of bucks for putting the stroller under the bus (the only thing that goes under)... It is just housekeepers we stiff I guess! :rotfl:

As for Fantasmic, we have seen it once. I refuse to wait for more than 60 minutes for ANYTHING!!! We will walk in and stand 5 minutes prior if we are still there, but we NEVER eat dinner at DHS, we always take the slow, relaxing boat back to Epcot to eat...

I always skip fantasmic I think it stinks
Even with the tickets the lines are to long and its a pain to keep the kids busy
while waiting for it to start
the shows ok but not something I am oh I have to see this

That's why I just bribe my DD with promise of a new doll or something! :thumbsup2 I know, I am a bad parent LOL

I was not overly impressed with BBB... and from what I know of you... I don't think you will be overly impressed with it either :rotfl:
Its super super crowded, small and lots of screaming kids...they treat your daughter a bit like a factory.

I like Chan's idea of making an appointment at the GF spa to have their hair done up cute and their nails and then buy the dress they want in the gift shop on the second floor of the GF.
They will get much more personalized attention that way...

I mean Savannah liked BBB... but we had the castle package and I did not feel like it was worth the money ...
I would have much rather had her done up at the GF for the $179 BBB cost me :rolleyes1

Alright, my husband greenlighted me on staying Concierge Lounge. But he made me swear to get only the Sugar Loaf, not RPC.
This might sound retarded, but I really need to know, do they serve Afternoon Tea at Sugar Loaf?!
Is that weird that that is my deal breaker? If not I'll just keep my GV room :rotfl2:

Can I get their hair done at the spa or do I have to go over to Ivy Trellis? I would rather not go into the park if I do not have to. These few days at the GF alone with my family is going to be relaxing time.

I believe RPC and SL are the same...so they both should have tea. (hopefully a glass of wine for me...not much of a tea drinker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter