"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are talking about the BBB...Has anyone ever done the small braids in the front of your DD's hair? Do you know what I am talking about? I think they do them at GF and YC/BC hair salons.....I just chopped DD's hair and last time we went I saw a girl with this and I thought it was adorable for vacation. It would save me from having to do her hair every morning! :thumbsup2

Can I get their hair done at the spa or do I have to go over to Ivy Trellis? I would rather not go into the park if I do not have to. These few days at the GF alone with my family is going to be relaxing time.

I believe RPC and SL are the same...so they both should have tea. (hopefully a glass of wine for me...not much of a tea drinker)

hair has to be done at the IVY TRELLIS
I was told this recently when making appointments

That looks like a dress from Wooden Soldier to me.

Boy...that girls got good taste! (the expensive kind)

I am lucky enough to live about 1.5-2.0 hours from the store and OUTLET!! I love it there because it is one of the few places I can get matching brother sister outfits...I have to do it while I can. I will let you guys know when I am going next and I will look for the purple dress!

Can I get their hair done at the spa or do I have to go over to Ivy Trellis? I would rather not go into the park if I do not have to. These few days at the GF alone with my family is going to be relaxing time.

I believe RPC and SL are the same...so they both should have tea. (hopefully a glass of wine for me...not much of a tea drinker)

That is what i meant... hair ivy trellis.

i agree....Fanstasmic here at WDW is SO not worth the craziness before and after. That's what I am talking about....once was enough in a gazillion trips...we don't miss it.

Yep, Lucy got the braids at Ivy Trellis. She LOVED them and we had a really nice lady do them...they last forever. I am done with BBB. I was more impressed with it when they first opened....the girls got much more personalized attention and it wasn't such a crank em thru factory. It's much nicer at DTD, too..than at the castle. It is SO TIGHT in the castle. It's a money machine and they didn't make any concession for the comfort of anybody that pays for the services. It's crazy.

If you do BBB, the DTD location is better than the crazy castle.

PS on the tipping...we tip everybody. I just feel blessed to be able to be there on vacation...we feel the need to tip.

off to walk with Jojo.

:)

We did DD's hair at DTD BBB twice (going back May 9 for PPP) and we've always been pleased with them.
Never done the Castle, it was always booked whenever we would try to get a ressie.
Also, I just changed my room to SL concierge. Yay! I am excited. Hubbie felt guilty for being away in Iraq so long (not his fault anyway). Plus it's Mother's Day weekend so I want to be pampered princess:
Will the concierge staff contact me or should I contact them directly?

(I love this thread BTW):love:

We did DD's hair at DTD BBB twice (going back May 9 for PPP) and we've always been pleased with them.
Never done the Castle, it was always booked whenever we would try to get a ressie.
Also, I just changed my room to SL concierge. Yay! I am excited. Hubbie felt guilty for being away in Iraq so long (not his fault anyway). Plus it's Mother's Day weekend so I want to be pampered princess:
Will the concierge staff contact me or should I contact them directly?

(I love this thread BTW):love:

I hope you guys have a magical time!!! How long was the hubbie gone??

Does anyone have a price sheet for the Ivy Trellis?? Ya know me...budget minded and trying to find the best deal.

Very cute photos of Savannah!

I think I would stick with BBB if I had a very early appt but I need to be realistic that it is Xmas time and it will be CRAZY busy. We are planning to go back for Lily's 5th Birthday next July so maybe we will try it then.

Channing- I am with you. I do feel blessed and do feel I need to tip. I am not as much like that at home but I am like that on vacation.

Hey Brizite76! :wave2:

We talked before my DH left! He just came back from Quatar! We are going on a welcome home trip/DS 4th birthday trip...Looks like we will be there at the same time...I am doing YC and Poly this time though. Thought I would say hello-Have a great trip!

Siobhan

I hope you guys have a magical time!!! How long was the hubbie gone??

Thank you! He's been gone since Oct. 12, 2007 (funny how I remember the exact date). He comes home in July for 2-3 weeks (we're going to Vegas for that baby!)
He won't be home for good until Dec. 08 or Jan. 09. But I am grateful that due to his rank he is kept safer than some of the other soldiers (you have to count your blessings where you find them). :goodvibes

Thank you! He's been gone since Oct. 12, 2007 (funny how I remember the exact date). He comes home in July for 2-3 weeks (we're going to Vegas for that baby!)
He won't be home for good until Dec. 08 or Jan. 09. But I am grateful that due to his rank he is kept safer than some of the other soldiers (you have to count your blessings where you find them). :goodvibes

Well- you deserve and AWESOME trip and I hope you have one. Please let us know how everything went when you get back. December is not that far away. I am sure you will be very glad when he is home safe and sound.:)

Hey Brizite76! :wave2:

We talked before my DH left! He just came back from Quatar! We are going on a welcome home trip/DS 4th birthday trip...Looks like we will be there at the same time...I am doing YC and Poly this time though. Thought I would say hello-Have a great trip!

Siobhan

Glad to hear he is back from Qatar! See, I told you not to worry :)
Are you guys doing the PPP too? If you're there on May 9th we'll be there that night :cool1:

Glad to hear that things are going well for you...I only did it for 120 days and that wasn't bad but I dont know how you do it for more than a year!
We are not doing PPP this time. We arrive on the 10th and leave the 21 so the only one available was the 16th. We may still do it at the last minute. We will see how the day go. How long are you there for?

Well- you deserve and AWESOME trip and I hope you have one. Please let us know how everything went when you get back. December is not that far away. I am sure you will be very glad when he is home safe and sound.:)

Thank you! We are definitely looking forward to him being home in the Winter (I might even have to plan another trip to GF to honor the occasion ;) )

Glad to hear that things are going well for you...I only did it for 120 days and that wasn't bad but I dont know how you do it for more than a year!
We are not doing PPP this time. We arrive on the 10th and leave the 21 so the only one available was the 16th. We may still do it at the last minute. We will see how the day go. How long are you there for?

We are doing just a quick trip from the 8-13 May. But I am soo excited! I think I get more excited than my DD does :confused3
But she has been brought up a Disney (DL and WDW) child and I only started doing Disney as an adult (28 yrs old, now I'm 32) so that might be why she shows less excitement than I do. :idea:

I hope you guys have a great time!:cheer2:

I'm so excited -- I just got an email from our Platinum coordinator (or whatever they are called!) She got us ALL of our dining reservations, character dining, AND cabana for 5 days! I am so impressed, I really thought since we are about 40 days out that we'd be S-O-L with a lot of things. I am totally relieved!!!!! Now I just have to fill in the blanks with the stuff that I haven't figured out yet!

I should have the new room service menu by tomorrow a.m. everyone and I will post that on the GF FAQ thread for those of who you are looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter