"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning GF Gals!

I wish I had some of your energy! Have fun today!

Anyone ever use Women to Women supplements for menopausal symptoms?? I have been really struggling with headaches, night sweats, etc. I found these and I am going to try it. A nurse called me yesterday to give me some info to get started. Just wondering if anyone has heard of it??

Does it have black cohash in it?? My gf uses a supplement that has this in it and has helped her with night sweats. I havent tried it...i just change 2 times a night :rotfl2:

Good Morning!!

We did it last year when it was first starting.... since I have had my flame suit on since yesterday (MAN- this thing is hot!!) I will keep it on (not that I think I need it here) It was fun, but I don't understand why people would do this if they aren't staying there??? :confused3 We want to do a Christmas themed one this year. I will post a couple of shots- we hardly got any outside since it started to rain

11 days for us!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

RE: Weddings, I was an August bride and honemooned at the Grand and spent our 10th at the Grand last year. My girls wore dark purple.

Kristin

Ya I was thinking a Christmas themed one too since we will be there at Thanksgiving and could use for a Christmas card. Although I prob could do a good job with my camera.

August bride for me...18 years! (second marriage) this one is a keeper..first one ******!

Cute pics darlin!!!!!!

I thought of doing this but the boys don't like having photos taken of them so I didn't bother.

I wouldn't mind having a photo shoot with Savannah and I but shoot where to find the time... :rotfl2:

Brook- Do you remember if they had the little tiara that is used at BBB? Em saw it last night (darn travel channel!) and now she wants the princess "hat." But, I don't think she will sit still long enough for the BBB thing, not if I want her to behave at breakfast anyway. If I had the tiara I could do it myself for her castle breakfast.

:) Sheli
They sell those in Tinkerbells treasures in FL (the little ones) I bought one for dd2 since she couldn not do the BBB.

I copied that from the other thread cause I don't wanna get into trouble for chatting :rotfl2:
Girl I was thinking..... I think we were sisters seperated at birth :rotfl2:
We are both Gymbo addicts, Both Jesus Chicks, Both Sagittarius, both stay at home mommies... I am pretty sure we are going to bond ;)

Yea! it's gonna be fun..... I'm clumsy too, I was hospitalized several time b/c I fell all the time when I was big pregnant WE might want to stay away from the balcony, you know if you have a TP view :rotfl:

That be the one! I used to when I was a little girl :goodvibes
Remember how they would strap you in to a harness and let your do the trapeeze? I always remember doing that... the strange things little kids remember :goodvibes
I remember the slide you rode down on a mat...... and the freaky clowns :scared1:

The podcast thing is actually tomorrow. Today is the memorial service. I am nervous about meeting a bunch of strangers that I listen too and feel like I know. I have a feeling I'm gonna sound like a dork. I just want to meet them. I have never felt like I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, (besides a mother and wife) I always said I would work for Disney but now not so much. I realized that I could eventually turn my Disney passion into a profit and they are a great examples to someone like me. May be I could write a book on how I go to Disney alone with 4 kids :rotfl:

Yep- It's got black cohash. Women to Women is a website that I found. Doctor's have put together a supplment for menopausal symptoms. You get a nurse consult etc. I need something...I feel terrible somtimes. The doc did put me on progesterine supplments every other month. Just a little nervous about taking hormones so early in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW~Lover
OH, I KNOW!!! they must have dropped some serious change on that party!!!
It reminded me of watching "Sweet 16" on MTV!! and the father was a fireman!!

This was a quote about the party from last night's show on Travel Channel....JEEZ that pi**ed me off...my husbands a fireman does that mean we couldn't afford it? People are so ignorant sometimes:headache:

Oh yeah... i think that is where my clown trama came from. :scared:

Oh that and Gator land.... I know Gator land is all built up now but when I was a kid... it was a total tourist trap but loads of fun... There would be tiny baby gators loose in the park running under the fences and stuff... we are talking the 6 inch ones :rotfl2: I remember chasing them all around like those little anole's
OH and they had some kind of mystery fun house dinner thingy too I remember... i dont remember the NAME of it as I was only 5... but you could eat dinner there and go through the fun house.... I remember getting scared as they had a dark room where you couldn't see and punching bags set up so you would run into them and had to make your way through to the next room.. I wigged out :laughing:
I haven't lived in Fl for many many moons...

Yep- It's got black cohash. Women to Women is a website that I found. Doctor's have put together a supplment for menopausal symptoms. You get a nurse consult etc. I need something...I feel terrible somtimes. The doc did put me on progesterine supplments every other month. Just a little nervous about taking hormones so early in life.

I agree..my doc put me on a hormone patch couple of years ago, but I only stayed on for 3 months cause I gained so much weight! All I craved was carbs, plus I was worried about the effects later on.

Mandymommy - You can add Walt's B-Day (Dec. 5) in with your string of celebrations for one card!

BTW - you have a lovely family.

Thanks! I forgot to add that! They did not let mommy sleep as late as I would have liked so their not as lovely as normal to me :surfweb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW~Lover
OH, I KNOW!!! they must have dropped some serious change on that party!!!
It reminded me of watching "Sweet 16" on MTV!! and the father was a fireman!!

This was a quote about the party from last night's show on Travel Channel....JEEZ that pi**ed me off...my husbands a fireman does that mean we couldn't afford it? People are so ignorant sometimes:headache:

Well from what I understand of their culture the sweet 15 thing is a HUGE deal... they usually spend more on it than the girls wedding. It is a very special time for those young girls. Families save for many many years for that sweet 15 party. I have seen way more fancy ones than the one they showed last night :scared1:
In our culture, a sweet 15 (or 16) isn't a huge deal so people might think it is a waste of money.... but see nothing wrong with paying 40-50 grand on a wedding. It just depends on what culture you grow up in.

I am thinking that poster is oblivious to the cultural differences. If it was just a regular birthday type party then yeah it would seem to be over the top for anyone who has to work for a living... fireman or Doctor. Only the independantly wealthy could afford a birthday bash every year such as that :rotfl2:

Here is the one they do in the BBB:
165122h10-med.JPG

As you can see.... they put her hair in a bun, put a sticker on her cheek, added a comb tiara, threw a ton of glitter on her and charged me 200 bucks :rotfl2:
well that did include the dress, shoes and all... but still :rolleyes1

That's the one we need. Em must have seen it on my computer...I remember her talking about it last night...I was on here and watching the show at the same time. :rolleyes1

And I am weird about $ sometimes. I will pay over $300 to send the kids gift baskets and another $300 for a fireworks cuise and a zillion dollars for the trip itself, but it bugs the crap out of me to pay $200 for a dress and a bun and glitter...I can do all that myself!!! I told you I am weird.

They sell those in Tinkerbells treasures in FL (the little ones) I bought one for dd2 since she couldn not do the BBB.
Thanks mandy! That helps a ton! Em will be 3 year and 2 days old when we would go there. She makes he age cut off, but not the behavior cut-off. She is a monster! :scared1:

And I am weird about $ sometimes. I will pay over $300 to send the kids gift baskets and another $300 for a fireworks cuise and a zillion dollars for the trip itself, but it bugs the crap out of me to pay $200 for a dress and a bun and glitter...I can do all that myself!!! I told you I am weird.

Shel... I am totally the same way. I am all for blowing cash at Disney ... BUT.... the cash has to be well spent on those magical moments. Fireworks cruise... DA BOMB by the way :goodvibes

Here are a few more shots of Savannah after BBB
165122l2-med.jpg

165122l8-med.JPG

I LOVE LOVE this pic. Savannah is TOTALLY Cinderella GAGA... it was her BIG MAGICAL MOMENT :love:
She walked up and hugged Cindy and I thought we were going to have to pry her off the chick :rotfl2:
165122l5-med.jpg

She tried sooo hard to lose her glass slipper on the steps going up in the castle but it would not work hehe

Here are a few from the photo shoot we did... at this point we were NOT in a good mood. :rotfl2:
My bro and SIL were arguing and mad at each other, the kids were being evil and lets just say.... it shows in our faces. I felt so bad as it was Savannah's special time but what can you do :confused3
165122o1-med.JPG

165122o2-med.JPG

165122o3-med.JPG

AND THEN... I had to pick out the pics I wanted so I asked my DH to keep the kids busy while I was working with the CM. He only had to watch them for 10 minutes TOPS.... I walked outside and this was the sight that met me of my "little princess"
165122o8-med.jpg

I was less than thrilled :rolleyes1
We went back to the resort after that

ACCKKKKK i am reading the great tipping debates and am laughing hysterically over the 18 vs 20% thing :rotfl2:

OK so there are a 100 pages of debated on if we should tip 15-18 or 20 % while dining :rotfl:

Someone needs to give them a DIS intervention :rotfl:

ok so your meal was a 100 bucks...
do you leave a 15, 18 or 20 for a tip?
They are debating for hours...DAYS ...weeks over $2 difference :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok so your dinner ran $300... that was a nice dinner ;)
so the great deabte THEN would be over $6 :rotfl2:

Am I the only one that finds this FUNNY?! Seriously... I can't believe some people going off over this :headache:

You are not the only one amused ny the great tip debate. It's like watching a car wreck...I should look away, but I can't!!!

I have really simple tip math...take total bill (including the tax) The tip is $2 for each $10 and round to the nearest $5 for the last bit. It ends up more than 20%...but I have 4 kids, they make a mess and being a waitress sucks....they deserve a few dollars from my pig kids!
And I usually eat at the same restaurants at home...I want good service in the future.
I have only not tipped twice:
Once was a horrible waitress all around then she chased us out of the place demanding a tip. :scared1: My tip was to watch her a$$ because I would be calling her manager in about 10 seconds...she lost her job that day!

The other was a boy who has no buisness being a waiter, but it's a dive so they keep him...I let his manager know about him (she's a friend!) and we now joke about him (she does not sit me in his area anymore!) I think she warns our waitress now that we tip great if they do their job but that she'll hear about it if they mess up...we get great service!!!

If you can't afford to tip, stay home or go to McDonalds! (I bet my kids wish I couldn't afprd to tip!!)

You are not the only one amused ny the great tip debate. It's like watching a car wreck...I should look away, but I can't!!!

I have really simple tip math...take total bill (including the tax) The tip is $2 for each $10 and round to the nearest $5 for the last bit. It ends up more than 20%...but I have 4 kids, they make a mess and being a waitress sucks....they deserve a few dollars from my pig kids!
And I usually eat at the same restaurants at home...I want good service in the future.
I have only not tipped twice:
Once was a horrible waitress all around then she chased us out of the place demanding a tip. :scared1: My tip was to watch her a$$ because I would be calling her manager in about 10 seconds...she lost her job that day!

The other was a boy who has no buisness being a waiter, but it's a dive so they keep him...I let his manager know about him (she's a friend!) and we now joke about him (she does not sit me in his area anymore!) I think she warns our waitress now that we tip great if they do their job but that she'll hear about it if they mess up...we get great service!!!

If you can't afford to tip, stay home or go to McDonalds! (I bet my kids wish I couldn't afprd to tip!!)

Well seriously... if your broke and can't pay the extra $2 per 100 meal... then Don't :rotfl:
but the debate just rages and rages on and on... over 2 freakin bucks per 100 meal :rotfl:
I am a good tipper... but do not spend my life debating how much exactly to the nickel to leave :eek:
These people have programs set up in their crackberries to figure out how much EXACTLY to leave :sad2:
I figure $50 meal usually $10 and more if it was good. A 100 meal i leave 20 and whatever ones i might have in my wallet. I too have 3 kids :sad2: and its just easier to figure out that way for me LOL

You know I have left a place ONE time without leaving a tip... the server was HORRID and even dumped my omlet on my lap :scared1:
But really if you think about it.. those few times you did not tip stick in your memory like glue :headache:
so now I will tip for bad service just so it doesn't stick in the back of my mind :rolleyes1

Hey gals!! :flower3: I am just checking in but have to run to a cold wet soggy soccer game....:scared1: It's NASTY once again here in northern IL. Just intime for a soccer game...and maybe Dawn's baseball game......

I got as far as the puke thread Praline so graciously posted for my reading pleasure!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I need to check that out. I told you guys that I nearly put my foot in puke in the bottom corner of a POC boat....you know how dark it is in there! OMG.....there was NO frickin way I was going on a 15 min boat ride with puke sliding around by my feet so I stood up and made an A@@ of myself in front of all the people and got myself off that boat.:rotfl:

CUTE pics on this page but i have to come back later to see more!!!:goodvibes

Oh! that show last night wasn't too bad. I thought it was SUPER CHEESY about the stupid Cinderella slipper AT THE WEDDING!! :rotfl: OMG....stupid. That just seemed so staged and goofy. Also I don't like that the chapel (or whatever they call it) seems so EMPTY during these weddings. KWIM? (maybe it's just ME...haha) Just kind of hollow. If I could do the Disney wedding it would be outside...more private and serious than Disney princess cheese. That's just me....OMG..hope I didn't hurt any feelings.:flower3: Amy...you go girl. YOu're young. Do what ever you want it's YOUR day. I am 42 so maybe that's the difference.:confused3 If I was 22 and getting married again maybe I'd do the Mad Hatter party thingy too, but to me NOW it looked silly.:confused3

talk to ya all later -

Channing :)

I thought the same thing about the mad hatter tea party.
It would be adorable for a birthday party for a young girl.... they all wear silly hats and get dressed up... how adorable!

But a wedding shower? I don't know... I know my mom would beat me in the head if I made her go to something like that :rotfl2:

It was a cute idea for younger girls though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter