"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K I did not watch this show. What was up with the shower??

They did a private mad hatter tea party where all the ladies (even the grandma's and aunts) wore silly hats and were entertained during the party by the mad hatter, Alice and the rabbit.

It was cute...don't get me wrong but I wouldn't do it for a wedding shower :confused3

You know it would be cute to do for a baby shower if the baby's room was themed in Alice in wonderland :laughing:

OK
I have a girlie girl princess question....
Savannah loves putting glitter on for the parks :rolleyes1
I don't care for the lotion type glitter or gel stuff... :scared:

I had some body powder I bought at The Body Shop a good while ago that put a shimmer on you rather than a bunch of tacky glitter... it was really cute but I ran out :rotfl:
and they dont sell it at the local Body shop anymore...

Any ideas where I can get some cute shimmering body powder that won't be all sticky and guey?

I dont get the whole tip thing either
where is this thread on the dining board. I wanna check it out before it gets closed.

Bath and Body used to be so cool and now its just not to me.

There are a couple of threads going on right now over tipping on the dining forum...

I just checked out bath and body American girl and they have lotion but not powder. I seriously hate that sticky lotion stuff... but I came up with a new plan :woohoo:

I just ordered some cosmetic glitter in different colors.

I am going to mix it with regular old baby powder and put it in a little pot... then I can use her powder brush and dust it on her that way... cosmetic glitter cost 4 bucks ... :rotfl:
She can dust it all over herself using her little "make up brush" and it won't make a sticky mess :dance3:

Little girls and their sparkles :sad2:

My two suggestions for glitter are...
1) Creative makes a vanilla sparkle lotion that has great glitter coverage! I love it for DD. You could buy it at your salon or ask them to get it. It is called Vanilla sparkle.
2) If you dont mind a small smell, Victoria Secrets has a shimmer powder in a lot of there fragrance lines.

I also think that Jergans has a lotion with glitter in it.
I would check Libby Lu's if you have one near you....

It is similar to BBB
http://www.clublibbylu.com/

Mine is like an hour away in a VERY high end collection mall...We were suppose to go this week but with the price of gas and for the fact we were going for nothing special, I just couldnt justify it...

Don't worry Kelly- I am not into Bath and Body anymore either. And....you should be glad you have boys. American Girl costs me a FORTUNE!!! I actually do not mind buying it because the girls know this is one thing they HAVE to take care of or they will not get any more of it. They usually get a doll for Christmas each year.

Lilly Lu is close to BBB. But will all kinds of makeup, glitter etc. Girlie girl store. They do makeovers etc. Lexi has done this at Woodfield Mall before.

Try their website. I know they have this stuff because it was one of the things I actually did like at the store. I think it is called Pixie Dust.

It is similar to BBB
http://www.clublibbylu.com/

Mine is like an hour away in a VERY high end collection mall...We were suppose to go this week but with the price of gas and for the fact we were going for nothing special, I just couldnt justify it...

There is one in Baton Rouge... almost 2 hours away.. and it can STAY THERE AACKKKKK Savannah would put me in the poor house in that place :rotfl2:
That looks like HER kind of store :rolleyes1

I am showing her that website and she is saying...

"NOWWW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOOOUUUTTT...."

:rolleyes1 I should have waited to click that website when she was in school :rolleyes1

Hey gals!! :flower3: I am just checking in but have to run to a cold wet soggy soccer game....:scared1: It's NASTY once again here in northern IL. Just intime for a soccer game...and maybe Dawn's baseball game......

I got as far as the puke thread Praline so graciously posted for my reading pleasure!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I need to check that out. I told you guys that I nearly put my foot in puke in the bottom corner of a POC boat....you know how dark it is in there! OMG.....there was NO frickin way I was going on a 15 min boat ride with puke sliding around by my feet so I stood up and made an A@@ of myself in front of all the people and got myself off that boat.:rotfl:

CUTE pics on this page but i have to come back later to see more!!!:goodvibes

Oh! that show last night wasn't too bad. I thought it was SUPER CHEESY about the stupid Cinderella slipper AT THE WEDDING!! :rotfl: OMG....stupid. That just seemed so staged and goofy. Also I don't like that the chapel (or whatever they call it) seems so EMPTY during these weddings. KWIM? (maybe it's just ME...haha) Just kind of hollow. If I could do the Disney wedding it would be outside...more private and serious than Disney princess cheese. That's just me....OMG..hope I didn't hurt any feelings.:flower3: Amy...you go girl. YOu're young. Do what ever you want it's YOUR day. I am 42 so maybe that's the difference.:confused3 If I was 22 and getting married again maybe I'd do the Mad Hatter party thingy too, but to me NOW it looked silly.:confused3

talk to ya all later -

Channing :)

It's okay, Amish Channing :rotfl: :flower3: . Actually, we are avoiding all of the princess cr*p also. We are too old for it (I'm 25, but I have "an old soul" as my mom says :confused3 , and BF is an older man ;) ). We are having our wedding at Sea Breeze Point on the Board walk (we are only having 18 guests, so we thought the WP would be creepy empty, plus it costs $1000 more :happytv: .) No carriage (at $2700 :scared1: ). No charachters. Just getting married in the place we love best, having at nice lunch afterwards (I hope :rolleyes: ), and doing an Illuminations dessert party. It's really just an excuse to go to Disney again, plus we get APs with the wedding so we will have to go for our aniversary :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

She would probably love it.(now remember I said she would not you!) They have a few different makeovers to choose from and then they get to make potions (glitter crap). The store is small and it about drives me NUTS. This is what I thought of when you guys told me about BBB. I was about ready to pull me hair out when we left.

We had something similar open in Springfield, IL. It is a lot cuter. It is pretty big and they do the makeovers. They then have a long table with little chairs and the girls have tea and cookies. At the end of the party they do a runway show and the birthday girls get to sit on the throne and watch. Very, very cute.

Amy- I was wondering what the carriage would cost. It sounds like you are going to have a beautiful wedding.

I am hoping one of my dd's decide to get married in mommy's favorite place. I have them so brain washed that I am sure one of them will. (or they will totally rebel for my love of Disney by that time)

She would probably love it.(now remember I said she would not you!) They have a few different makeovers to choose from and then they get to make potions (glitter crap). The store is small and it about drives me NUTS. This is what I thought of when you guys told me about BBB. I was about ready to pull me hair out when we left.

We had something similar open in Springfield, IL. It is a lot cuter. It is pretty big and they do the makeovers. They then have a long table with little chairs and the girls have tea and cookies. At the end of the party they do a runway show and the birthday girls get to sit on the throne and watch. Very, very cute.

oh yeah that is right up her alley. :laughing:
I would seriously be in big trouble if I ever took her to that mall :laughing:

I am liking the idea of her and I making our own glitter creations using cosmetic glitter and baby powder.... it will be a fun project!
I just hate that lotion/gel stuff ... it sticks to everything!

ok I just went to the club libby place wow I am glad I dont have girls
I did like the pink duck there but i like this one even better

DevilDuck.gif

actually i have one of these ducks
he wicked cool

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I soooooooooooooo could get into trouble :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Going to tie my hands behind my back and ...well... ok... neah I better not.... there is a duck that looks a lot like that in adult stores though :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
oh i am leaving it alone now :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter