"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be there only 3 days before you so it's fun to have someone to countdown with!!!

sureeeeeeee rub it in :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Hope to see you and your boys by the pool one afternoon!
I think Mare was going to meet with me by the pool and Mandy is going to come by one evening to hang out for Savannah's birthday party with her little angel :banana:
That was my only kink in my plans... to have a birthday party for Savannah WITHOUT any other kids!

For all of you who have attended the dinner at 1900 Park Fare - are the stepsisters and stepmother very scary? We have ressies for May 11.
My DD 6 is a little nervous about going, she is worried they'll be mean.
I told her not to worry about it, that it will be fun, but she doesn't seem too convinced.

I agree with Brook, they are fun! We had our girls done up at BBB (our DD are 2,3,4 and DS is 5) They were hilarious. They told me good luck getting the "fairy snot" out of the girls hair. :rotfl: DD3 was dressed in an Aurora dress and one of them called her Snora (her new nickname because she snores so bad!) One of them told DD4 that she had the best taste in princesses because "at least Belle can read" They told one girl a table next to us that was dressed like Hannah Montana that she didn't understand why everyone like that girl because she could sing really well and broke out in the most nasal off tune singing you have ever heard. Hilarious! Cinderella was nice but I have to say the step sisters steal the show! :thumbsup2

OK!! I think for the first time Ladies I might be able to post a photo!!!

Fingers Crossed!!!:wizard:

IMG_2711.jpg
[/IMG]

WHY is it so big???? I resized it!!!

Well anyway!! I would love to introduce my children. This is Robert on his Confirmation 13 and Natalie 11 dreading this photo ready to run!!!

Praline, I guess you were taking a DIS break about the time I came back from our Easter trip. Here are some Kitchen Sink pics. Lucy has wanted to try this for YEARS but I always wanted my No Way Jose and nobody else could agree....so finally we did it. We had the whipped cream on the side because Jo hates that stuff. Also, it was funny because Lucy wanted us to say "No coffee icecream", but we wanted the true original and we didn't nix that. SHE wound up wiht the coffee icecream section...taht stuff IS nasty. :scared: The Kitchen Sink was yummy though.:goodvibes

Before....we are all happy and hungry......

DSCF9249.jpg

DSCF9244.jpg

The after effects.......This pic says it all.:rotfl:

DSCF9251.jpg

WHY is it so big???? I resized it!!!

Well anyway!! I would love to introduce my children. This is Robert on his Confirmation 13 and Natalie 11 dreading this photo ready to run!!!

So big?! Its itty bitty... I can't even see you :rotfl2:
All I see is a big fluff of light blond hair!
I love the hair by the way :thumbsup2

The Dis rule appears to be: Ask an innocent question, get a bunch of *itchy answers by PM. Is it just me?

All I wanted to know was how bags are handled at MCO if they are tagged for DME. l plan to call Magical express and ask them if there is any exception to the rule that you have to take the bus to get your bags transported.

I thought it was a simple question, but all I get is "You're a rule breaker" or "You're going to ruin it for everyone!" and "Let us know how that works for you!"

GRRRR!!!

I will not let them know how it works...how rude. I am not sneaking, i just need disney to make a little magic for me so I can surprise the family with the Limo. (No dme tags will tell hubby something is up...need the tags on the luggage to fool him! But tags= transport, so I am hoping they will move my bags if I ask nice.) If they can't help, i get it, no worries.

Tell them how it works? Why? So they can print it off and demand that disney make exceptions for everyone? Exceptions are just that exceptions, not new rules. GRRRR!!! I am grumpy!

Maybe I should post that someone is trying to help me get a cake for my son and it is a flavor not usually offered, then they can call and demand it too..."Someone online had a special favor and a CM walked a mile in the rain to bring it to her, now I want it too. You have to give it to me because SHE got it." (not refering to special order cakes, but cake hotline/restaurant thing.)

Maybe I am grouchy today???
:)

Annette, cute pic....I missed it when it was big - now it's super small!!! Your kids are adorable!!:)

Praline, about the tipping....well I think DISCREET is the name of the game here. She also said people really should tip the housekeepers....I KNOW some CMs and they are far from rich from cleaning rooms & making dining ressies for people....also I know some lounge people...they don't have cell phones, have one car/family, share rides, don't vacation, med/dental insurance benefits are sucko....it's not a Disney life IMO. :mad: It just made me feel better about my choice to tip....and now I feel more comfortable with cash tips. I thought it was a major nono, but as I said, they've seemed to be loosening the reins on some people accepting tips. Also, that $75 rule....out the door. Do what you want to do.

OMG Channing those pics are hysterical!!!! I must have missed them when you came back!

That is funny about JOJO and whipped cream... she must be my daughter at heart because I can't STAND the stuff ...since i was a little kid I always had to ask NO WHIP CREAM ..:rotfl:
people always thought I was a freak because of it :sad2:

coffee ice cream rocks :thumbsup2
I just wish they made a sugar free version :worship:

The Dis rule appears to be: Ask an innocent question, get a bunch of *itchy answers by PM. Is it just me?

All I wanted to know was how bags are handled at MCO if they are tagged for DME. l plan to call Magical express and ask them if there is any exception to the rule that you have to take the bus to get your bags transported.

I thought it was a simple question, but all I get is "You're a rule breaker" or "You're going to ruin it for everyone!" and "Let us know how that works for you!"

GRRRR!!!

I will not let them know how it works...how rude. I am not sneaking, i just need disney to make a little magic for me so I can surprise the family with the Limo. (No dme tags will tell hubby something is up...need the tags on the luggage to fool him! But tags= transport, so I am hoping they will move my bags if I ask nice.) If they can't help, i get it, no worries.

Tell them how it works? Why? So they can print it off and demand that disney make exceptions for everyone? Exceptions are just that exceptions, not new rules. GRRRR!!! I am grumpy!

Maybe I should post that someone is trying to help me get a cake for my son and it is a flavor not usually offered, then they can call and demand it too..."Someone online had a special favor and a CM walked a mile in the rain to bring it to her, now I want it too. You have to give it to me because SHE got it." (not refering to special order cakes, but cake hotline/restaurant thing.)

Maybe I am grouchy today???

No, Dissers are pissy. I never even start a thread anymore. NOt worth the nasty replies and headaches.

I thought I read a while ago that Disney will transport luggage for people not riding the bus. Good luck. I hope it works out. My DH is so clueless about the workings of ME etc he wouldn't even think about any of it. Maybe if worse comes to worse you can just give yours a "story"....

If you are having issues with L....I know a name to flaunt to her that might make her think twice and wonder WHO ARE YOU that you know that name....:rotfl:

Shel...welcome to the club :rotfl2:
I ventured out of this thread a few times looking for information and whatnot and :scared1:

Some people on the DIS can be VERY touchy about certain subject :rotfl2:

Chan~ $75 rule? I dont think I know this one? Are we supposed to tip the mousekeepers $75 a night or something :rotfl2: :rotfl2: if so I'm in trouble :rotfl2:

OMG Channing those pics are hysterical!!!! I must have missed them when you came back!

That is funny about JOJO and whipped cream... she must be my daughter at heart because I can't STAND the stuff ...since i was a little kid I always had to ask NO WHIP CREAM ..:rotfl:

LOL...and we wouldn't let that sink be turned....nobody wanted to stick their spoon into some coffee icecream!!! Hey, I think they do have some sugar free options there. Not positive though because that wans't what I wa looking for haha..Yep, no whipped cream for Jo EVER. We request it and 90% of the time the sundae shows up w/whip cream....cause for a big frown from jo...she won't even let us spoon it off. It leaves residue...:rotfl:

Hey, budget minded GFers, I just thought of something....a Kitchen sink is about $22 vs individual sundaes that are about $7.:rotfl: :rotfl: You do the math.:rotfl2: Had to give my tip for the day....and I didn't even get that off the BB.:rotfl: That's original.:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I agree with Brook, they are fun! We had our girls done up at BBB (our DD are 2,3,4 and DS is 5) They were hilarious. They told me good luck getting the "fairy snot" out of the girls hair. :rotfl: DD3 was dressed in an Aurora dress and one of them called her Snora (her new nickname because she snores so bad!) One of them told DD4 that she had the best taste in princesses because "at least Belle can read" They told one girl a table next to us that was dressed like Hannah Montana that she didn't understand why everyone like that girl because she could sing really well and broke out in the most nasal off tune singing you have ever heard. Hilarious! Cinderella was nice but I have to say the step sisters steal the show! :thumbsup2

Thanks Brook and Mandy
DD has a pretty good sense of humor (she is my daughter after all - haha) so as long as the steps are funny she'll have a good time :thumbsup2

So close with these photos!!

So what size do I pick? On my screen its huge!

I think I resize mine to about 600X800??? Not sure - DH has it preset....duh.

Shel...welcome to the club :rotfl2:
I ventured out of this thread a few times looking for information and whatnot and :scared1:

Some people on the DIS can be VERY touchy about certain subject :rotfl2:

Chan~ $75 rule? I dont think I know this one? Are we supposed to tip the mousekeepers $75 a night or something :rotfl2: :rotfl2: if so I'm in trouble :rotfl2:

NO! :rotfl: Wouldn't that be nice, though...for them! Well there was a rule that they could accept "gifts" with a value up to $75.

I just thought it was interesting....she called and we were chatting and I thought - hey, I am going to bring up this silly tipping thingy because it's been so HOT lately & we had a long talk about tipping.

I think whipped cream ruins it! Last time we got it we worked so hard to get through the whipped cream we said next time on the side!!! I watched the video and thought it was great until that whole can of whipped cream!!!

Love coffee ice cream, too! A local ice cream supplier called Richardsons only makes 2 flavors of suger free...Black Raspberry and Coffee! :cool1: Surprisingly both are fab!!!

I am trying to get into 1900 Park Fare for Mothers Day dinner because I had the realization that Lady Tremaine might be a stich on Mothers Day!

Good morning ladies! I have a sweet little bird singing outside my window, I'm I'm thinking about singing to it like Mary Poppins :lmao:

how are you this fine morning? my angels got on the bus a little bit ago and DH is home from work today. :surfweb:

Anyone here ever have a tummy tuck or breastaugmentation?
I know Kelly had her reduction but I am looking into the augmentation. DH and I talked about it some last night as I WANT the results I just DO NOT want the pain LOL

I have though about both. I need the Augmentation from nursing. I was HUGE when I nursed, and nursed for like 5 years straight now my girls are very saggy. I don't want huge jugs just perky 22 year old jugs KWIM ;) I do have a good friend that had implants but she seriously needed them. She showed me her before and after pics an the side profile of her before looked like a 12 year old girl. :eek: She insisted on the smallest implants she could get and hers look so nice and natural. She told me the key was to not let them talk you into going bigger. My friend also said it was not that bad she had lipo also in her thighs and they used a new technology that said made it less painful. I say we all have different pain level so just expect it to hurt like he**!

I really need the tummy tuck, my doc said even after loosing the 30 lbs I have to loose I need it to tighten my abdominal wall and remove loose skin from my first pregnancy where I got HUGE. I lost a ton of weight after that pregnancy b/c I nursed and worked out 5 days a week in an advanced step class. The weight fell off so fast I had a lot of loose skin.

I belong to a weight loss surgery support group through my doc... I was asked to make a video of my weight loss to inspire others. My doc wants to show it at the support group meeting :)

Oh and that WAS ME behind the scenes of the white house. I have a friend that works there and I got to sit in the president's chair in the oval office :banana:
NO cameras were allowed in the oval office..for security reasons but we were able to take a few shots outside of the oval office int he gardens of the west wing.
SO MANDY... if your worried about me being a murderer or something... that little badge I am wearing in that picture... well that was 2 months worth of secret service investigations on me to allow me back there :rotfl2:
I am safe I promise :rotfl2: ...well sort of safe :rotfl2:

Trust me I have my own way's of checking people out, my dad did just retired and he was in "law enforcement" if you KWIM. JK ;) I haven't checked you out I'm just bringing a tazer just in case! Ha ha! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter