I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a link to dispute on the compose message screen in SM. Have both charges posted? If the charging company made the mistake, I wonder why they don't just refund it.
AHHHHHH it took me like 10 tries to find that. and when I input the acct number with a dispute,it goes nowhere, and the chase acct page reboots..... (not the sm window) :crazy:

You need to call your mortgage company to see how they handle multiple payments that are less than the total mortgage due. Some call it a reclassification, or something like that. I was told I couldn't do it by the first person I talked to. HUCA. The next person said the payments would go into a suspension account and I could ask for those to go toward my mortgage. My mortgage statement calls it a Long Form Misapplication Reversal. Last month was the first time I've done it, and it was two payments. This month will be four payments so that will be interesting.

Sure can.
You will have to do multiple payments and let your mortgage company know ahead of time or at least watch to see how they handle it. I had checked before, but they didn't apply properly, had P2 call about it and they have our acct set now so that all payments get credited properly now. I've only ever done 2, but I'm thinking of doing more since 2 MCGC/VGC won't cover it.
Thank you both. I had a feeling it couldn’t be that simple. I give you guys credit for doing that though. That would stress me out. I’d love to use my mortgage to help easily hit MSR’s on Visa.

I've never been able to find any offers on any of my Chase biz cards either, on app or through the website. I’ve gotten a few decent offers on my personal cards. P2’s IHG card always has only two offers on it. Starbucks and Little Caesar’s.
I'm seeing them now for my biz cards on the website. I couldn't before. With Chrome, the offers are showing on the right side, and with Edge, they're on the bottom left. :)

Yes, looks just like the personal page. You'll see the offers box on bottom of the left navigation pane, or if on a smaller screen like mobile, it's at the bottom of the page after your account list.
Thanks for this. I couldn't see them before on the website and now I do. I had a 15% Lowes offer on a biz card that I never saw with the app. Sweet!

Here is how our Sea World/Busch Gardens trip is shaking out:
  • Flights: via SW with CP, DEN-MCO Wed PM, TPA-DEN Mon AM - 18k RRs RT or $278pp (Wednesday is only $49pp!)
  • Hotels:
    • 3 nights at Universal's Endless Summer Resort, Surfside Inn & Suites - $295 cash with AP rate
    • 2 nights at Hampton Inn across from Busch Gardens - 68k Hilton points or $275
  • Busch Gardens/Sea World tickets from 2 Park $75 Daily Getaways deal
  • Rental Car: Alamo a few minutes down the street from SI&S, midsize car - 6600 URs or $99

Quoting myself here for more details.

I agonized way too long over the first hotel and car rental. Originally I wanted to use my Marriott FN certs at a hotel that offered quick queue, etc. I looked at the Renaissance but was feeling cheap over the $30 resort fee and $28 for parking. Then the other Marriotts were on the other side of the park so no walking (we're weird, okay?). Plus I was struggling with the idea of using a 35k cert when they were 20k points a night, or barely over $100 before tax. Then I switched to Hilton... had settled on the Hampton that @Haley R reviewed for their SW trip. I was planning on arrival night doing the MCO Hyatt for 12k URs since we land around 12:30am.

Then I looked at rental cards :badpc: If we picked up the car from the airport the morning after arrival and turn it in at Tampa, everyone wants $250+ PLUS a $75 one way rental fee :crazy2: And we don't even need the car the first two days. So I look at picking it up the morning we actually need it by SW... closest is Hertz in Renaissance and they want $350 for half the time? :confused3 There are options across the road by the convention center and all that, they want about $100, but then I need to get over there... They are a bit far for walking so uber? Wait then on our first day where we plan on Universal we will need to get to SW hotel and drop bags and then uber… that's time consuming... What if we uber to a car rental place by Universal, we can put bags in the trunk and park there... parking is $26 :crazy2: And then do we drive back for the evening after our SW day? Cause we were thinking City Walk. At least parking will be free then? Rental from near Universal means no one way fee but basically the same price, plus parking cost.

And finally I think, why don't we just stay at a cheap Universal hotel and uber to SW??

Bingo!

So we ended up with Endless Summer... decided we can just uber over there after landing late vs using 12k URs at MCO Hyatt so we are already there. Just uber to SW and back for the day. And there is Avis in the hotel and Alamo almost next door for a car rental. Ended up with Alamo because I could use URs plus it was cheaper - Avis cash price looked the same originally but it was before taxes/fees which added almost $50 so we can take a 3 minute stroll with backpacks.

It's hard to keep current with this thread, but I didn't see anything today about the AA economy web specials currently going on. Some good values there to be had...

FM has a post on it but I'm not able to submit a link

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this. We’ve been wanting to get out to Reno to visit family but it’s been too many miles. I went on to look and was able to book PHL-LAX for 5,000 miles! We will spend a day or 2 in LA (thinking maybe hit up Disneyland as we’ve never been) then drive up the coast and fly back home from Reno (again only 5,000 miles!) Cash price for each seat is $336 out and $284 back.
Looking forward to planning this adventure!

Hello from the PHL Centurion Lounge! Dh is sooooo impressed :rotfl: It’s crowded but we were able to grab a table for 2 right away:drinking:The food is excellent, lots of vegetable options and roasted chicken thighs with recipes from Zahav:lovestruc Time for another IPA before flying in peasant class to Rome!

Hello from the PHL Centurion Lounge! Dh is sooooo impressed :rotfl: It’s crowded but we were able to grab a table for 2 right away:drinking:The food is excellent, lots of vegetable options and roasted chicken thighs with recipes from Zahav:lovestruc Time for another IPA before flying in peasant class to Rome!

So glad you like it. My entire family just LOVES the food over there. Enjoy it and have a great trip! :cloud9:

ETA - DH is in a Delta lounge at DTW and the food there looks ok, but not amazing like in the PHL lounge. Of course, it depends on what you like. He's just happy to have a lounge. Also flying peasant class today.

Have a wonderful trip!!
So glad you like it. My entire family just LOVES the food over there. Enjoy it and have a great trip! :cloud9:

ETA - DH is in a Delta lounge at DTW and the food there looks ok, but not amazing like in the PHL lounge. Of course, it depends on what you like. He's just happy to have a lounge. Also flying peasant class today.
Thanks!!

Exactly this for me. I just payed the AF for the first time, my timing was perfect last year, I got the first years fee waived and two weeks later they came out with the refresh. I'm not a huge fan of the dining credit, but it's getting better around me. I want the BBP so badly, I would SD every other card I have other than my CSP if I had one.
Why can’t yo get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter