I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about formula and breastfed babies. My oldest was fed both formula and breast milk. She alternated between the two just fine as she was started on both at about 2 weeks old (I did not have a good pumping situation). My younger one was only on breast milk because I could pump easily at work and had plenty extra in the freezer until I had to go on a business trip for 3 days and DH ran out of pumped milk and tried to offer formula. She was about 4 months old and absolutely refused anything and cried while I drove through the night (I was going to stay another day) to get home at 2 a.m. to feed my starving baby. So be careful if yours isn't used to formula, he may refuse it. Or maybe my youngest was just stubborn. She's still incredibly stubborn and driving me crazy at 21.

Things I am looking forward to:
1. Disney World opening back up
2. Planning a Disney trip for September with my friend and her two kids
3. Going back to working from work and not from home (still work from home but just not as much)
4. Going camping
5. Going to any store in general

If anyone is interested in the Ally bonus it was extended to today.

I opened an account and I went through the steps to transfer from my Discover. I had 2 browsers open, one for my Discover to see my account information and one for the Ally. I went through all the steps and hit submit and while it was processing went back to the Discover tab to close it down. When I went back to Ally it was asking me if I wanted to transfer money, like the first step I had already done. I thought maybe it was asking if I wanted to transfer more money, but now I am wondering if the first one didn't go through. Is there any way to tell? I don't see anything pending. I don't want to transfer more than I have in my account so afraid to go through the steps again.

They were saying they would continue serving after that was put in place. People are being very stubborn here
Sorry.... I get so upset reading about people doing whatever they want. Nothing is going to stop this except what they're doing In Italy and Spain..... people just refuse to think rationally. What god does it do for my state to "shutdown" if the next state over they're behaving stupidly??? It just prolongs the time we all have to do this. In Panama, they have very few cases,and already in serious lockdown to prevent a huge problem. I can't say I disagree with what they're doing by law over there. Like limited grocery shop times,etc.I'm sad about all of it.

If anyone is interested in the Ally bonus it was extended to today.

I opened an account and I went through the steps to transfer from my Discover. I had 2 browsers open, one for my Discover to see my account information and one for the Ally. I went through all the steps and hit submit and while it was processing went back to the Discover tab to close it down. When I went back to Ally it was asking me if I wanted to transfer money, like the first step I had already done. I thought maybe it was asking if I wanted to transfer more money, but now I am wondering if the first one didn't go through. Is there any way to tell? I don't see anything pending. I don't want to transfer more than I have in my account so afraid to go through the steps again.

Quoting myself to ask if it will be a problem if the Ally account is Joint with DH first and the Discover is in my name only? I see now where it is asking me to verify account again and it won't let me instantly verify. Wondering if the names on the account will be an issue.

I saw a story on the news showing a better image of the COVID-19 virus than the ball-shaped one we have been seeing since the beginning. This one has a "hook" that they say is what hooks into the lungs and causes respiratory problems.
So my solution to the world-wide pandemic is to expose the body to COVID-19 through mouth/eyes first, allowing the body to build up immunity to the virus prior to lung exposure. I think the difference is why some have severe problems vs. others who have mild symptoms. Problem solved (note I have absolutely NO medical background and this should NOT be taken as medical advice, or even good advice :D)

Last edited:
JetBlue is taking the same line as United that they do not refund for cancelled flights. https://viewfromthewing.com/airline...elled-flights/comment-page-1/#comment-5023773

I'm glad I got a "change in flight status " email for our JB flights in May. Even though they were book as one way flights because of our itinerary once I explained that to her she cancelled both ways for all of us. No penalties either way. And all my points back. Thirty minute call worth it.

Sorry to hear about the other travel plans cancelled as well.

Not much in the way of churning as of now but I will say that my business is going good. Gold jewelry resale works very well.

Hope all can stay well. The thing I'm looking forward to is being able to enjoy attending Religious services in person.. And family members being able to get back to work and school so my working at home is not so crowded.

90% sure we will be shut down at 2pm, when the Governor holds his press conference. Wisconsin just did. They don't usually announce his press conferences, he has them daily, so that's a clue to me.

To look forward to...
July Disney Trip just me and dd, fingers crossed
Hawaii 30th anniversary trip at the beginning of September (this one will be very upsetting if it doesn't happen)
Like others, not being afraid when I go buy groceries.
Summer :-)
going to a movie
my dog going back to agility classes, he is very high energy and this is making him sad
going up to the north shore

I have to come back and revamp this just a little bit::

Looking forward to getting more UR cards. I was looking forward to a CIP but not sure the 80k link will still be an option once I get there. If not it will be a card that I can transfer UR's with, whatever bonus is offered.

I put this out of my mind as much as possible until I'll need to proceed, but it's almost the end of March. I keep forgetting when my under 5/24 is coming - I think it's June, or maybe August, but it's just a few months away!!!!

Then, once I get the magic card, I want to transfer a 100K (already have) or so to Hyatt for a 2021 vacation at the my beach. Just a simple trip but it is what makes me happy. Meanwhile I'll be building up more for future years.

Getting a Hilton card. Amex gave me a popup and I haven't tried since. I won't try until after I get my UR card. I've never had a CSP or CSR so have a few options to try. Won't be able to do the 15K card unless something major impacts my life that costs 10-15K.
What beach are you planning on at Hyatt? This is something I am thinking of doing too. I have URs just sitting there from mine and my DH’s CIP.

My daughter's school teachers did a drive by parade through the school districts neighborhoods. I wish I could of seen it. I love her teachers.

Looking forward to:
Salvaging my Alaska cruise vacation
rescheduling new york/broadway trip
Sunny weather. It's been a depressing wet mess for a week, making quarantine that much more depressing.
Being able to do our girl scout plans. We have/had a lot coming up in April and May. Camping, Archery, escape rooms, garden badge work

Things I am looking forward to:
1. Warmer weather, it still feels like winter here.
2. Sailing this summer
3. Relaxing at home on the deck with a cocktail by my pool
4. Going back to Disney - Food and Wine Festival in November
5. Going to Flower and Garden Festival March 2021

Last edited:
What beach are you planning on at Hyatt? This is something I am thinking of doing too. I have URs just sitting there from mine and my DH’s CIP.

Ahh, nothing earthshaking - just my local Ocean City, Maryland beach in July. They have a Hyatt Place that just opened in 2018. It's oceanfront in the middle area of the Boardwalk. Right next to Marriott's Courtyard and 2 blocks from the Holiday Inn and Suites. This is the area I've been going to for many years. I also go to other beaches but do this one a few times each summer, but hotel varies.

Things I am look forward to:
1. Warmer weather, it still feels like winter here.
2. Sailing this summer
3. Relaxing at home on the deck with a cocktail by my pool
4. Going back to Disney - Food and Wine Festival in November
5. Going to Flower and Garden Festival March 2021

My relative sent me pictures of their (vacation property) lake house in northern Ontario. They were clearing their backyard rink of what looked like 3 or 4 feet of snow. The lake is frozen over and at least the snow on it is not as deep. All beautifully white and serene. Gave me the shudders! But no problem with social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter