I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I still call the Chase UR cruise line to book Universal Orlando hotels? Are they able to apply AP or Military discounts to the bookings?

Here’s some new pictures for the day. Obviously he needed some cool shades since we live in Florida. He’s also extremely strong. Neither of us thought a newborn baby would be this strong. He already can hold himself up on our chests

Thank you for sharing! It’s not something you HAD to do. It has brought me some measure of joy and hope during rough times. Not to overdramatize it, but seriously. Love the name and I bet he’ll be an athlete. :flower1:

I noticed last night that I have an elevated support offer of 15k MRs on my BBP. I was then able to get the 50K MRs for 4k spend for the AmEx personal gold. I'm pretty sure that 15k is the highest support I'll see on my MR cards. I only have the BBP and Biz Green. But I'm not sure that the 50k is the highest the Gold has been. I thought I saved a spreadsheet of highest SUBs, but I'm not finding it now.

If it is the highest I'm thinking it would be a good time to go for it for DH. He is 2/24. I don't love the $250 AF, but I would could make use of the $10 monthly grubhub credit. I'm not sure what the status is on using the airline credit without worrying about it getting clawed back. Also, with getting 3 extra months to meet MSR I could come close to making the entire spend with just grocery purchases. So that would net me 81k MR for $250 AF. 15k support, 50k SUB, and 4x for spend for another 16k. Any thoughts?

I should mention that I currently have no use for MRs. I currently have 150k and may consider going down the Schwab cashout road in the future.

ETA: I see on DoC that there has been offers that waive the AF for the first year. I know you should always go for an AmEx card when it is the highest available, and I've been waiting since the beginning of the year for something. I am currently without an MSR and I'll admit I'm getting antsy for another card, but not sure if I should go for it or continue to be patient.

Last edited:
They checked him at the hospital and again today at the pediatrician and said his tongue looks fine. I think I’m too engorged for him. I tried pumping before a feeding but I don’t think I did it long enough because it didn’t help. We started massaging during and I think that’s helping a ton. His latch isn’t great when that happens but it also doesn’t hurt as bad
No pumping! Think supply and demand...your body will manufacture more to meet the pump demand plus his feeding. Make sure you are using varied positions during nursing to drain different ducts. The engorgement will subside. Hang in there!
I love the name Elliott! Your pictures are great!

I noticed last night that I have an elevated support offer of 15k MRs on my BBP. I was then able to get the 50K MRs for 4k spend for the AmEx personal gold. I'm pretty sure that 15k is the highest support I'll see on my MR cards. I only have the BBP and Biz Green. But I'm not sure that the 50k is the highest the Gold has been. I thought I saved a spreadsheet of highest SUBs, but I'm not finding it now.

If it is the highest I'm thinking it would be a good time to go for it for DH. He is 2/24. I don't love the $250 AF, but I would could make use of the $10 monthly grubhub credit. I'm not sure what the status is on using the airline credit without worrying about it getting clawed back. Also, with getting 3 extra months to meet MSR I could come close to making the entire spend with just grocery purchases. So that would net me 81k MR for $250 AF. 15k support, 50k SUB, and 4x for spend for another 16k. Any thoughts?

I should mention that I currently have no use for MRs. I currently have 150k and may consider going down the Schwab cash out road in the future.
That sounds like a solid plan to me. I think that 50K is the highest SUB for the Amex Gold, but I think the MSR threshold was lower at one point. And I think 15K support on the BBP is the highest too. You probably know, but I'll just add a reminder here that MRs are not able to be transferred directly between spouses (very different from Chase UR). So any pool of MRs he has are his, any MRs you have are yours. If the plan is to cash out via Schwab, you would each need a Schwab Plat with its $550 AF. It's possible to transfer MRs to a partner, and then combine points balances on the partners programs (like Marriott, Hilton) into one account.

You fly SW, right? The airline credit still works based on dps on FT, and combine that with SW's recent policy on flights between now and Sept. 7, add in point conversion, you should be able to use that airline credit nicely. Which reminds me I have to stop dragging my feet and get all that going on my $1050 worth of Amex airline credits for 2020. Oh my, I didn't realize I had that much until I just typed that out. :oops:

They checked him at the hospital and again today at the pediatrician and said his tongue looks fine. I think I’m too engorged for him. I tried pumping before a feeding but I don’t think I did it long enough because it didn’t help. We started massaging during and I think that’s helping a ton. His latch isn’t great when that happens but it also doesn’t hurt as bad
Instead of pumping to help the latch, you might want to check out “reverse pressure softening”. You should be able to find YouTube

That sounds like a solid plan to me. I think that 50K is the highest SUB for the Amex Gold, but I think the MSR threshold was lower at one point. And I think 15K support on the BBP is the highest too. You probably know, but I'll just add a reminder here that MRs are not able to be transferred directly between spouses (very different from Chase UR). So any pool of MRs he has are his, any MRs you have are yours. If the plan is to cash out via Schwab, you would each need a Schwab Plat with its $550 AF. It's possible to transfer MRs to a partner, and then combine points balances on the partners programs (like Marriott, Hilton) into one account.

You fly SW, right? The airline credit still works based on dps on FT, and combine that with SW's recent policy on flights between now and Sept. 7, add in point conversion, you should be able to use that airline credit nicely. Which reminds me I have to stop dragging my feet and get all that going on my $1050 worth of Amex airline credits for 2020. Oh my, I didn't realize I had that much until I just typed that out. :oops:
Thank you!! I was hoping you'd reply when I saw you liked my post. Thank you for the reminder of no transfers between spouses. I knew that, but yeah, hadn't really thought about having to get 2 Schwab Plats. Honestly I would probably be happy to just get Home Depot gift cards if I don't end up using the MRs for travel. And yes, I do travel SW so if that is still working it makes even more sense. Thank you! And get going on those credits :D

The airline credit still works based on dps on FT, and combine that with SW's recent policy on flights between now and Sept. 7, add in point conversion, you should be able to use that airline credit nicely.
Am I understanding the SW policy correctly that any flight purchased & canceled within the time-frame can be refunded as points, even wanna get away fares?

Right now I am sort of kicking myself for my decision to speculatively transfer DH's Amex Plat bonus to Virgin Atlantic a couple of months ago, expecting to be able to redeem those points for two first-class tickets to Japan next spring. My list of reasons why that redemption may not happen did not include a global pandemic threatening the financial well-being of airlines across the world! But, that's a sunk cost, so I'm trying not to feel bad about it. I did top up DH's mileage balance with his remaining MR before we canceled his Plat and so I'm now just 9k miles short of what I would need for ANA business class, as opposed to 59k points short of a first class redemption. I was planning to transfer the balance over from our UR stash, which I value more than MR.

I'd be able to call and book for our desired dates in about 6 weeks, so I'm trying to think about plans now IF VS stays in business and is accepting award bookings at the current rate. If I book the tickets in business and VS goes under, I lose 9k UR. If I book the tickets in first and VS goes under, I lose 59k UR. Is first that much more awesome than business class? This is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we've never flown first OR business class before. I'm sure they're both great but part of me wants to hold out for first since it's a bucket list item. We probably won't travel internationally for several years after this trip. I would still have enough URs to cover our planned travel until then even if 59k of them went poof. However, as a born saver I desperately want to hang on to even my imaginary currency 🤣 . I'm not planning to book if the airline still hasn't secured funding, but am more wondering what to do if they've been bailed out but aren't on 100% secure footing yet. Thoughts? What would you do in my situation?
I would be willing risk 9k URs. I would not be willing to risk 59k URs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter