I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DH and DS (age 19) have their Global Entry interviews this afternoon (DS17 and I are still impatiently waiting for approval). Anything they should take with them to their interview? Also, any thought whether it would do ANY good for my DH to nicely say, “hey, any chance there’s a way to know when my my wife and son might get conditionally approved” or something like that? (Not that the person would actually know the answer, but maybe they’d push a magic button that would get us out of limbo?? 😂)
You need your passport with you for the interview.

the questions are simple, at least mine were. All I can remember was any upcoming international travel, where do you work (assuming they don’t ask minors that one), email address. And then a horrible picture. I didn’t think I could get one worse than the DMV does but I was wrong.

You need your passport with you for the interview.

the questions are simple, at least mine were. All I can remember was any upcoming international travel, where do you work (assuming they don’t ask minors that one), email address. And then a horrible picture. I didn’t think I could get one worse than the DMV does but I was wrong.
I didn’t get asked any questions lol. I was surprised. The guy took my picture and briefly explained the program and that was it

I didn’t get asked any questions lol. I was surprised. The guy took my picture and briefly explained the program and that was it
Same. He pretty much scanned my passport, took my prints and photo, and sent me on my way. So much hassle getting the appointment (and ended up having to drive to a further airport) for barely 5 minutes of interaction.

Just applied for Chase Ink and got an automatic message, application "in review" and "we will let you know in writing in 7 to 10 business days". Anyone know what the chances are of approval? I know sometimes the "pending" application wordage means you are either approved/denied. Thank you!

Last edited:
Just applied for Chase Ink and got an automatic message, application "in review" and "we will let you know in writing in 7 to 10 business days". Anyone know what the chances are of approval? I know sometimes the "pending" application wordage means you are either approved/denied. Thank you!
That means denial, but check your email or your chase login. Some people are being approved within minutes of the same message.

Same. He pretty much scanned my passport, took my prints and photo, and sent me on my way. So much hassle getting the appointment (and ended up having to drive to a further airport) for barely 5 minutes of interaction.

depends on where you been. my dad got grilled about his entry into Bosnia...
my mom, they just talked about all the places to go in Fairbanks AS (appointment was in Fairbanks, AS). :P

I plan to apply for a second CIC in July but will probably meet the MSR pretty quickly (if Staples has a fee-free VGC week) because I have a 6K balance on our Adventures by Disney December trip. So I'm going to cajole P2 to get a card in July, too, thinking should be Amex as our MR stash is very low. Has a Plat and Biz Plat, is the personal Gold the best we can get rn if we can pull the elevated 90K offer? I feel like we would keep it and make it our restaurant card. The Biz Gold seems like not as good a deal rn because no credits to offset to the AF and the MSR is much higher.
Wish P2 was targeted for the 200K Biz Plat, would jump on that instead!

I am about to make a weird use of some of my UR's. I think Im going to cash out a few thousand to pay for a used pop up trailer we are buying (to hold us over until we buy a diesel puhser in a few years). Once this MSR is met, I will have over 1.7 million UR"s so I figure I can spare some. I know it's only 1% but, I think it works for us.
Congrats on your new purchase! Our popup is my favorite thing we own and it has been one of the greatest experiences for our family.

Hiya Dis-ies!!!

Big excitement, my $300 Chase bonus (second half-- $200 savings plus $100 "extra") has posted. So now I just have to wait past the 180 days before I can close the account, correct?

Meanwhile, in order to avoid fees while I am waiting, I need to keep $5k min daily balance between the two accounts... so I am looking for where to transfer the other $10k for either better interest, another SUB, or both.

It seems like a lot of the current SUB offers are basing things off of "legit DD," rather than just transferring them my existing savings.

Any exciting deals out there I am missing? (Gotta admit... the Chase $600, WF $325, and TD Bank $200 has me a bit spoiled...)
I received a mailer for a Chase Business Checking - $750 with a $30k deposit of new money, $300 with a deposit of $2k. Make 5 qualifying transactions with the debit card and keep the money in there for 60 days. Offer ends 7/19/23. Might be worth asking about in branch.

Congrats on your new purchase! Our popup is my favorite thing we own and it has been one of the greatest experiences for our family.

I received a mailer for a Chase Business Checking - $750 with a $30k deposit of new money, $300 with a deposit of $2k. Make 5 qualifying transactions with the debit card and keep the money in there for 60 days. Offer ends 7/19/23. Might be worth asking about in branch.
Thanks! Its just the two of us now (and the dogs), and this whole thing came up super quick. Now of course, we are looking at upgrading the tow vehicle LOL. getting it in the garage sure was fun, let's just say our garage is a bit overcrowded now. I also want to redecorate it LOL.

I have gotten the mailer several times, it never lets me do it online, and I am not brave enough to try it in branch with a "business".

Thanks! Its just the two of us now (and the dogs), and this whole thing came up super quick. Now of course, we are looking at upgrading the tow vehicle LOL. getting it in the garage sure was fun, let's just say our garage is a bit overcrowded now. I also want to redecorate it LOL.

I have gotten the mailer several times, it never lets me do it online, and I am not brave enough to try it in branch with a "business".
We renovated from the floor up - had never owned one or even been in one before (it was gifted to us). There are tons of websites, videos, instagrammers, where you can get from decor ideas to actual step by step construction ideas. Best advice I got was to take lots pictures of things before you take them apart.

We renovated from the floor up - had never owned one or even been in one before (it was gifted to us). There are tons of websites, videos, instagrammers, where you can get from decor ideas to actual step by step construction ideas. Best advice I got was to take lots pictures of things before you take them apart.
It won't be that major, just want to pretty things up. Cushions, curtains, etc. Paint the frame. It's in great shape, I just want it pretty, not a big fan of all the brown. A couple cabinet doors drive me nuts, they have that crappy woodtone stuff, peeling off and showing the white plastic door, but I don't think I will win the conversation of the desire to paint them.

1. In 2019, wife and I did Australia - New Zealand - Fiji
2. Flying & hotels were via miles or credit card rewards
. . . Delta First Class MCI >> LAX *
. . . Virgin Australia Biz LAX >>> Brisbane, Sidney >>> LAX. **
3. I saw a lot of Japan and China for work, so no further interest.
4. Our total 3-week outlay, excluding souvenirs, was $2,100. ***

* NOTE1:
. . . Virgin Australia does not have their own airport lounges.
. . . They pay other airlines for access.
. . . We were allowed into the Etihad Airport Lounge,
. . . Alcohol is not allowed for religious reasons.
. . . However, due to Business Traveler demands, they DO offer alcohol.
. . . Before booze and wine, they lost business travel to other airlines.

** NOTE2:
. . . Virgin Australia was aboard a brand new Boeing-777, both ways.
. . . Used to think QATAR Airways was best airline - this changed my mind.
. . . A true Onboard lounge with a REAL bar and Bartender.
. . . Also, free sweats/pajamas and showers both ways.
. . . Once there, we flew upfront on QANTAS between cities and countries.

*** NOTE3:
. . . Before I retired, I traveled A LOT.
. . . I earned just a tad under 4-1/2 million air miles. (mainly Northwest).
. . . This was, also, when air miles were valued differently.
. . . Changed from United when they started charging for Red Carpet lounge.
. . . Basically, the front of a plane was my Living Room.
. . . Airport lounges seemed like my Den or Bed Room
. . . Before the new airline bid systems, got to know cabin staffs well.
. . . Used the balance of miles for 4-week vacation to Ireland,
. . . . . took my wife, both adult kids, and a guest for each kid
. . . . . stayed in castles or 5-stars at each stop
. . . . . did not pay for transportation or rooms
. . . . . wife said eventually it was A-B-C ("Another Bloody Castle")

Attachments

• virgin-biz-class-bartender.JPG
    virgin-biz-class-bartender.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
depends on where you been. my dad got grilled about his entry into Bosnia...
my mom, they just talked about all the places to go in Fairbanks AS (appointment was in Fairbanks, AS). :P
Hm, I wonder if I'll get grilled (appt is July 4). Been to lots of places in Latin America for research, some they might ask questions about. Or maybe they'll be in a patriotic spirit and just take my prints and done lol

We are flying Alaska Airlines into Seattle this summer. My mom can walk, just not long distances at all. She is concerned about needing a wheelchair when we arrive in Seattle. Can this be arranged ahead of time? I'm thinking you could talk to the gate agent at the departing airport and they could help arrange it, but I figured someone here would know!
You can and should arrange this ahead of time. There might be a button online you can push for special assistance to associate that with your reservation. Otherwise, you could call. Just know that wheelchair assistance can be sort of a nightmare if you are the type of person who values their time. It's often a ton of waiting, waiting, waiting.
DH and DS (age 19) have their Global Entry interviews this afternoon (DS17 and I are still impatiently waiting for approval). Anything they should take with them to their interview? Also, any thought whether it would do ANY good for my DH to nicely say, “hey, any chance there’s a way to know when my my wife and son might get conditionally approved” or something like that? (Not that the person would actually know the answer, but maybe they’d push a magic button that would get us out of limbo?? 😂)
Bring passports. I think you should ask about the wife and son; it wouldn't hurt. Let us know if you have any traction with that.

FM is reporting about their backpack getting stolen out of the trunk of their Uber. It contained a travel wallet, airpods and a laptop. The credit cards are already attempting to be used within minutes of being stolen.

I do always keep my personal bag with me in a cab/Uber/transport vehicle when traveling, but I have never thought to stand outside a vehicle until the trunk closes to ensure what is getting loaded doesn't "walk away." It's probably a best practice I'll employ in the future.

FM is reporting about their backpack getting stolen out of the trunk of their Uber. It contained a travel wallet, airpods and a laptop. The credit cards are already attempting to be used within minutes of being stolen.

I do always keep my personal bag with me in a cab/Uber/transport vehicle when traveling, but I have never thought to stand outside a vehicle until the trunk closes to ensure what is getting loaded doesn't "walk away." It's probably a best practice I'll employ in the future.
I read it on Twitter moments ago. It's one of the things that I do and obviously plan to continue to do now with a heightened mindset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter