• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instantly in my experience

Thanks for the quick reply....first time looking...thought I wouldnt be using points for a while but my son lives in Orlando and can’t come home for Christmas, so we are looking to go down 12/25-12/30....trying to research hotels...since we usually use our DVC points but don’t have enough...also not going to go to, the parks since our passes don’t cover the peak times

Any advice on finding good deals booking with UR on hotels in the Disney area is appreciated...Know it’s a busy time so probably not any

This is my plan. But just super irritating. Maybe I'll block them, I didn't know that was a thing.

Some people are just crazy...who knows..and yes there is a way to block..I’ve done it in the past when people didn’t pay for auctions or once when someone kept asking for free shipping and sending lowball offers on a BIN that I didn’t even have best offer on..figured if,they bought it I’d probably get bad feedback

Tank tops if you want to burn; tshirts if you want to sweat!

There's really no great choices this time of year in my opinion. I would pack some of those athletic type material tops that absorb and stay dry - I don't know what they are called but places like Nike and Reebok sell them.
My tank tops are Nike and are made mostly of the polyester material. I think they would dry quick but I don’t really want to get burnt. I have some shirts that are that material that I could wear

is there a way to reply about their feedback? If so, you could comment that you appreciate their business and they may have noticed that the shipping is based on the weight of the item and the buyers location using ebay's shipping calculator.

You can respond to feedback left...but I’d avoid doing so if at all possible since it tends to attract attention to that one line and also the buyer can respond to your response

Unless I’m looking at the wrong Sesame Place, if there is more than one. It looks like The Hyatt Place is 16 miles away and 8,000 points/ night. If you create a Hyatt account the UR points transfer instantly. I believe they also have free breakfast. They get good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Edit: Some reviews mention this is an older hotel and not especially friendly staff.

Personally I'd not go the Hyatt route in this instance if the focus is Sesame Place. The Hyatt's are over in NJ so it'd be about 30 minutes travel and have to pay for parking at the park. (and possible toll on the bridge) I'd pay the extra for convenience.

There's really no great choices this time of year in my opinion. I would pack some of those athletic type material tops that absorb and stay dry - I don't know what they are called but places like Nike and Reebok sell them.

That’s what we wore last year in early Aug and it was great. Plus they dry quickly from wet rides. I wore them with Nike dri fit shorts. Planning the same this year.

Newbee Question...when you cancel a refundable hotel made with UR through the Chase site how long does it take to see the points back in your account

I was wondering too. I should have marked down how many points I had before cancelling so I’d know when they post because for some reason my activity section isn’t updating very well. I think it said 2-3 days when I cancelled last night.

I was wondering too. I should have marked down how many points I had before cancelling so I’d know when they post because for some reason my activity section isn’t updating very well. I think it said 2-3 days when I cancelled last night.

Thanks...don’t have a lot a bit over 127,000 since I found this thread in May and started with my CIP then, so I’d need those to book a different hotel, if a better deal opened up

This is my first experience with UR so bear with me... I'm looking for WDW for a weekend in September and they don't show any WDW hotels. I know there is availability on Disney's site, so it's not an availability issue. Is UR like other sites (orbitz, etc) where they only have what Disney makes available to them? Also, if I end up booking a room only through Disney, would it possible to have it switched over to UR? I have read people switching packages, not sure if room only is an option.

The website has been wonky for 4-6 weeks at least. Only poly shows up. I think someone here said if it shows on the Disney site then it can be booked...just have to call.
Also, you can check inventory against Expedia or orbits, but I can’t remember which one.
It was so great when they showed up because I like to look at the various rates and sales prices.

This is my plan. But just super irritating. Maybe I'll block them, I didn't know that was a thing.

I keep thinking I should sell some stuff on Ebay, and then I read about experiences like yours and back away from the idea. Sorry you have to deal with people like this.

I keep thinking I should sell some stuff on Ebay, and then I read about experiences like yours and back away from the idea. Sorry you have to deal with people like this.

I’ve been selling for over 10 years..thankfully 99.9% of buyers are nice people...if your going to start selling...sell lower price items first...and after you have feedback move on to pricier items....

Still appears that Barclays status checker isn't working online or when I call. Can't figure out how to connect to anyone since it just hangs up on me. DH still never got an email but said he did get an email from Credit Karma that someone had checked his CR, so hopefully that's Barclays.

Chase has a rule called 5/24 which means 5 cards from any issuer in 24 months. They will deny you if you are over. So first, we probably need to know what Cards you and DH have and what month/year you opened them

As for business cards, maybe you have another “business” like selling stuff on eBay or Facebook, selling cookies, cleaning houses, mowing lawns. Lots of people here have biz cards for “businesses “ and it doesn’t mean you need an EIN.

Thanks for answering!

DH cards with me as an authorized user:

Chase Southwest Premier: June 2017
Chase Southwest Plus: March 2017
Chase Freedom: October 2005
Chase Disney: March 2003
Chase Slate: January 2001
Citi double: January 2016
Citi Costco: December 2012
Discover: March 2000
Target: October 2013

My Cards

Chase Disney: July 2010
Kohls: December 2002
Home Depot: June 2016

I haven't done anything that could be business related. I might be able to start something. At the moment my only income is swag bucks. I have a lot of free time since I quit working last December. I was a licensed home child care provider for 18 years. I'm taking a year off before I find a new job. I was hoping for something that I don't have to worry about business income/deductions for awhile. I'm tired of all the paperwork. I do still go babysit for cash at the house of one of my old child care families on occasion.

Last edited:
Still appears that Barclays status checker isn't working online or when I call. Can't figure out how to connect to anyone since it just hangs up on me. DH still never got an email but said he did get an email from Credit Karma that someone had checked his CR, so hopefully that's Barclays.

IIRC CK emails tell you which bureau was pulled. If it was TU, that's Barclays.

Yeah, it always shows based on your location on the listing. I don't get it either. And for some reason their location is coming up a couple bucks higher with fedex vs usps, even though all the places I tried to compare when making my listing where the same. I think I'm just going to offer to refund the difference and have them take back their negative feedback.
USPS is usually always cheaper than FedEx for eBay shipping. The only time FedEx has been cheaper for DH is when the buyer is on West Coast (we’re in MD). He also lists a set price for shipping. Sometimes he winsand it comes out in his favor and sometimes the buyer wins and DH ends up eating a $1 or 2.

USPS is usually always cheaper than FedEx for eBay shipping. The only time FedEx has been cheaper for DH is when the buyer is on West Coast (we’re in MD). He also lists a set price for shipping. Sometimes he winsand it comes out in his favor and sometimes the buyer wins and DH ends up eating a $1 or 2.
The only reason I went with Fedex is because it was coming up within 50 cents of everywhere I put in (CO, so almost middle of the country) and I was going to see if I could stack it with my AMEX 25% off offer.

Thanks for answering!

DH cards with me as an authorized user:

Chase Southwest Premier: June 2017
Chase Southwest Plus: March 2017
Chase Freedom: October 2005
Chase Disney: March 2003
Chase Slate: January 2001
Citi double: January 2016
Citi Costco: December 2012
Discover: March 2000
Target: October 2013

My Cards

Chase Disney: July 2010
Kohls: December 2002
Home Depot: June 2016

I haven't done anything that could be business related. I might be able to start something. At the moment my only income is swag bucks. I have a lot of free time since I quit working last December. I was a licensed home child care provider for 18 years. I'm taking a year off before I find a new job. I was hoping for something that I don't have to worry about business income/deductions for awhile. I'm tired of all the paperwork. I do still go babysit for cash at the house of one of my old child care families on occasion.

Hi and Welcome...It looks like you and your husband are 2/24..since your an authorized user on his two sw cards they show up on your credit report.

I think you’d like to get another sw companion pass for 2019/2020...to do so you could apply for the sw business card and a sw personal card towards the end of 2018 and complete the minimum spend on the cards in 2019...if I’m remembering correctly it’s $3,000 on each card in the first 3 months
Since you still babysit..i would consider that a business...just make sure you apply for the business card with your name and SS number...you could use your 2017 business income and for household income combine your and your husbands .
.I sell on eBay and have no issues getting the sw business card

You Or your husband could apply for the CSP now....which has a annual fee but it’s waved the first year you get 50,000UR points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months.....don’t add the other as an authorized user...if you do it will put you both at 3/24
When your done with one spend, you or your husband can refer the for your own CSP...so you get another 50,000UR plus the 10,000 UR referral points

..I’m pretty new to this so I’m sure others with more experience will give additional advice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter