I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: I went to Target today to grab a few things and noticed the Visa gift cards...could you use a Red Card to get the 5% discount and effective make it a fee-free VGC? (I'm finding contradictory information on the Internet). I know that you can't get the 5% discount on Target gift cards and that you can't buy gift cards with gift cards at Target anymore.

Also, my mom and brother in law separately tried to get me to sign up for an AA card and a Hyatt card this weekend for the referral points :laughing:. I didn't reveal my whole Plan but told them I wasn't interested and was working on a different MSR right now!

Right now I have a 3W laser I have been just doing cutting board engravings on. With this new 40W I plan on doing keychains, glass engraving for picture frames, slate coasters, dinosaur 3D puzzles... The CNC machine I do signs and growth charts.

View attachment 337151

Ah I thought you were looking into it. Last week's been a blur with work getting busy.
DH would love to do stuff like this, hes always asking for one. Shhh dont tell him :)

Quick question: I went to Target today to grab a few things and noticed the Visa gift cards...could you use a Red Card to get the 5% discount and effective make it a fee-free VGC? (I'm finding contradictory information on the Internet). I know that you can't get the 5% discount on Target gift cards and that you can't buy gift cards with gift cards at Target anymore.

it didnt work for me... online though...

Also, my mom and brother in law separately tried to get me to sign up for an AA card and a Hyatt card this weekend for the referral points :laughing:. I didn't reveal my whole Plan but told them I wasn't interested and was working on a different MSR right now!

Discount doesn't apply to the visa/mc/amex or Target gift cards, unfortunately.

It works for Disney gift cards but not visa.

My husband's SW card annual fee just hit. He wants to cancel the card. What's the best way to do this without paying the fee? I think I read Chase will refund, right?

Thanks. Do we pay the fee before the points will post? And then its refunded? I feel like this is something I should know!
Your points should post before your fee is due, when statement closes. Don’t pay before it closes just wait. He can call and ask for retention offer after points post. If he doesn’t like their offer he can close it and AF will be credited.

Right now I have a 3W laser I have been just doing cutting board engravings on. With this new 40W I plan on doing keychains, glass engraving for picture frames, slate coasters, dinosaur 3D puzzles... The CNC machine I do signs and growth charts.

View attachment 337151

Ah I thought you were looking into it. Last week's been a blur with work getting busy.

That's super cool! I didn't know there was stuff that could "easily" do that type of thin.

Wow Love it...where do you sell them

I agree! Do you sell them online somewhere?

Can someone please explain the travel insurance that comes with the CIP? I’m getting a little worried seeing Thursday night when we fly out is supposed to be storming. Knowing frontier we could be stuck for 5 hours which means landing in Orlando the next day...

Your points should post before your fee is due, when statement closes. Don’t pay before it closes just wait. He can call and ask for retention offer after points post. If he doesn’t like their offer he can close it and AF will be credited.
Thanks for spelling it out for me!

View attachment 337151

Also want to know if you sell/where you sell? Really cute! I'd love to see a pic of your growth charts.

Can someone please explain the travel insurance that comes with the CIP? I’m getting a little worried seeing Thursday night when we fly out is supposed to be storming. Knowing frontier we could be stuck for 5 hours which means landing in Orlando the next day...

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

Trip delay benefits are at pages 31-33. Unfortunately, the CIP’s trip delay insurance kicks in only after 12 hours. (Even the CSR’s more generous policy kicks in after 6 hours.) There are some anecdotes that for the trip delay benefits to apply on the CIP, your travel must be business related. Other DPs say they weren’t asked about the nature of the travel when filing a claim. If you have any specific questions, just ask and I’ll try to follow up.

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

Trip delay benefits are at pages 31-33. Unfortunately, the CIP’s trip delay insurance kicks in only after 12 hours. (Even the CSR’s more generous policy kicks in after 6 hours.) There are some anecdotes that for the trip delay benefits to apply on the CIP, your travel must be business related. Other DPs say they weren’t asked about the nature of the travel when filing a claim. If you have any specific questions, just ask and I’ll try to follow up.
It says 12 hours or if it requires an overnight stay. So we might get a refund if we have to stay overnight? I know I’m just being a worrier but I think I have good reasons from our past experiences with frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter