I missed the SW 60k offer

Nope. The 110k points are yours to spend on flights. You might have actually used some of them before you hit the mark for CP. So it is really a double win- free flights with the points, free flights with the CP :) We love it and it definitely encourages us to travel more.
That's awesome :) Thanks again for all of your help!

When you apply for the CCs you include your RR #on the application. So on the Plus and Premier, I put the my same RR #. When the spend is met, the points are added to the RR #, in addition, to the points for the spend. SW keeps track of them and sees that your RR account has met the 120k points needed for CP and issues it. If you transfer points from a different account (say DH’s) to yours, those points do not count towards the CP.
Is there a way for me to verify that I entered my RR number when I opened my card? Is there a place I can view that? I think I did but would feel better seeing it there.

Is there a way for me to verify that I entered my RR number when I opened my card? Is there a place I can view that? I think I did but would feel better seeing it there.
I had that same fear after reading Alexle's post :crazy2:. Log into the account, click on Rewards on the right, then click Rewards History and it should show that points have been transferred. You can also go into the RR account itself and it will give you dates etc for the point transfers.

WHEW!!!! I had no memory of putting in dh's RR number when I opened his cards but when I checked in his RR account last night, it showed the activity since the cards were opened.

...and by the way, most of the points haven't shown up yet, but I could at least see they were going to the right place on both cards.

...and by the way, most of the points haven't shown up yet, but I could at least see they were going to the right place on both cards.
Thanks but none of mine hit yet...I just did my spending this week so I guess I have to wait until my statement closes this month. I was just hoping there was somewhere I could see my RR number in my chase account.

Both of our statements have been issued - showing 60k of points on each, so I know I didn't screw up the spend, at least :o)

Waiting for them to hit the RR account - they hadn't as of yesterday (one statement was dated 1/1/18 and the other was dated 1/5/18). Waiting anxiously for the CP - I have a tentative trip planned in the first week of February that is contingent on being able to do some companion pass magic! We had already bought tickets for a trip in April (before I learned about this fabulous hack), but I'm hoping to switch one of those to a companion pass and use the money for the February trip instead (since DH isn't doing the feb trip, we can only use the CP on the April one.) Right now all the flights I need are still available, but I will be much happier once we've switched everything around!

Thanks but none of mine hit yet...I just did my spending this week so I guess I have to wait until my statement closes this month. I was just hoping there was somewhere I could see my RR number in my chase account.
I am sure if SM Chase, they can verify the RR that is on your account. That’s probably the easiest thing to do.

The RR# entered at application is frequently embossed on the front of your credit card, just below your name.......have you checked there first?

The RR# entered at application is frequently embossed on the front of your credit card, just below your name.......have you checked there first?
Ah, good point! I completely forgot about that as mine is literally staring me in the face. Someone decided to do some PayPal transactions using it so I had it out to call Chase to report the fraudulent transactions.

Ah, good point! I completely forgot about that as mine is literally staring me in the face. Someone decided to do some PayPal transactions using it so I had it out to call Chase to report the fraudulent transactions.

Sorry about the fraud. I woke up to three fraud alerts on Sunday morning on a different Chase card. It's my fault though, I broke my own rule and used it at Disney in December....never fails. It's actually why I took that particular card anyway.

I feel like I have gone from moderately capable to total dimwit as this game nears its end. Thank goodness for posters who can keep me sane, at least :D

Hopefully, they post more timely than mine. My statements closed 1/1 and 1/3 and I can see the points on my statement. Every other month they have posted on the 2nd and 4th but not this month. I am still waiting for them to post.
Gaaaaa... have your points posted yet? Mine (1/1 and 1/5 statement dates) have not posted yet and it is killing me! I know once the points post it will take a few days before the CP is issued, and I'm only 4 weeks out from when I'm hoping to do a trip...

Gaaaaa... have your points posted yet? Mine (1/1 and 1/5 statement dates) have not posted yet and it is killing me! I know once the points post it will take a few days before the CP is issued, and I'm only 4 weeks out from when I'm hoping to do a trip...
Nope! And I am religiously checking the site. I think I was up at 1:30 am this morning checking it :) It is driving me crazy! Once the points post, the CP should be right behind it though. They still have that stupid account maintenance message on the screen. Seriously, it should not take this long to do maintenance.

I need to book our Spring Break flights and am hoping to not have to move points over from Chase UR when I should have plenty of RR points already.

Nope! And I am religiously checking the site. I think I was up at 1:30 am this morning checking it :) It is driving me crazy! Once the points post, the CP should be right behind it though. They still have that stupid account maintenance message on the screen. Seriously, it should not take this long to do maintenance.

I need to book our Spring Break flights and am hoping to not have to move points over from Chase UR when I should have plenty of RR points already.
I got a message that it could take up to 2 weeks! I hope not.

Actually, this is what it says:
Beginning January 1, 2018, we will be performing yearend processing for Rapid Rewards® accounts. This function is necessary to update your membership status and reset your tier and Companion Pass earning counters for 2018.

During this process, you may be temporarily unable to view current tier or Companion Pass status, or may see incorrect earning counters regarding progress toward tier and Companion Pass.

This will affect all channels where you can log into your account, including:

• Southwest.com®
  • Southwest® mobile app
  • Automated phone system via 1-800-248-4377

You will see a pending alert within your account while this activity is in progress. We anticipate this process to be completed for all Members within the first few weeks of the year.

Thank you -I'm getting all of this second hand, since the RR account that our cards link to is actually DH's, so I appreciate the update on the nuance here.

Does that mean you could potentially call them and use the CP/new points sooner than that? If it is just a matter of us not being able to see the most current info, maybe their people would be able to see the current balances etc. Not sure I'm going to bug them (I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have urgent issues to address) but if it goes much longer I may need to try that avenue.

Thank you -I'm getting all of this second hand, since the RR account that our cards link to is actually DH's, so I appreciate the update on the nuance here.

Does that mean you could potentially call them and use the CP/new points sooner than that? If it is just a matter of us not being able to see the most current info, maybe their people would be able to see the current balances etc. Not sure I'm going to bug them (I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have urgent issues to address) but if it goes much longer I may need to try that avenue.
Well, the last part of the statement in my post above is this:
If you have earned A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass for the 2018 calendar year, your benefits will not be affected when traveling during this period.

Any points earned from flight or Rapid Rewards partner activity, including tier qualifying points* and Companion Pass qualifying points**, will continue to accrue but may not be viewable until the yearend processing is completed.

We appreciate your patience as we work hard to deliver the best Customer experience possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You can use the points you currently have, and if you'd already been approved for a CP you can still use it. I take it to mean you won't be able to see/use any new CPs or points until maintenance is complete since you can't see them and neither can the phone people or the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter