I missed the SW 60k offer

Thank you -I'm getting all of this second hand, since the RR account that our cards link to is actually DH's, so I appreciate the update on the nuance here.

Does that mean you could potentially call them and use the CP/new points sooner than that? If it is just a matter of us not being able to see the most current info, maybe their people would be able to see the current balances etc. Not sure I'm going to bug them (I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have urgent issues to address) but if it goes much longer I may need to try that avenue.
No, whatever balance that is currently being displayed, I believe is all you can use since the "system" doesn't know about the other points. So like I have 6630 points, I could use those but not the other 122k that are coming my way from my Dec spend and the bonuses. So I could book a flight and exclude the CP and then book the CP when it shows in your account (obviously, that's hoping there is still a seat on the plane when CP comes through.) I potentially could move points from my Chase UR account to SW and book flights that are waiting on but then I am stuck. I can't move SW points back to UR. Having worked in Systems (on the federal side), there is no reason that SW Systems should need 10 days now to be updated. SW has already cleared out my 2017 points and my account is showing 0. As much as we like to fly SW, this hold on the technical side is ridiculous is this age.

Again- thanks so much for the intel. Guess I'm just going to have to be patient... which is super hard when you're Disney planning!

Hopefully all the flights I need to finagle stay open until SW gets its act together. I guess I could book DDs flights on points, instead of using the cash freed up by using the CP on a future trip, but I don't know of any other travel she will be doing on SW in the near future, so I don't want to have the cash sitting out there and maybe not have a use for it before it expires. Would be so much easier if you could move money from cancelled flights to other travelers (shouldn't complain - at least SW lets you cancel low fares and reuse the money at all!) I'll just keep reminding DH to check his RR account every day. First few weeks of the year could be next week, but potentially could be the week after. Best not think about that....

Again- thanks so much for the intel. Guess I'm just going to have to be patient... which is super hard when you're Disney planning!

Hopefully all the flights I need to finagle stay open until SW gets its act together. I guess I could book DDs flights on points, instead of using the cash freed up by using the CP on a future trip, but I don't know of any other travel she will be doing on SW in the near future, so I don't want to have the cash sitting out there and maybe not have a use for it before it expires. Would be so much easier if you could move money from cancelled flights to other travelers (shouldn't complain - at least SW lets you cancel low fares and reuse the money at all!) I'll just keep reminding DH to check his RR account every day. First few weeks of the year could be next week, but potentially could be the week after. Best not think about that....
Trust me. As soon as I see my points, I'll be sure to post! Even if it's 1 am :)

Woohoo! Good news! My first 60k (and spend points) have posted!!! So I am 49,115 points away from CP!!! Just need my another CC points to post and I'll have it. So start checking your accounts!!! (I actually checked at 1:30 am- no pts, 4 am- no pts, 6:10 am-yay!, pts!) Good luck everyone who is (patiently) waiting!

Yea, they must have opened the valve up; my points posted as well. EASIEST.......CP........EVER!!!

Mine haven't posted yet, but I didn't finish my spends until late Dec/early Jan.

Mine haven't posted yet either but I finished my spend early January and my statements won't post until later this month. But I'm secretly hoping they'll award my bonus points early!

Woohoo! Good news! My first 60k (and spend points) have posted!!! So I am 49,115 points away from CP!!! Just need my another CC points to post and I'll have it. So start checking your accounts!!! (I actually checked at 1:30 am- no pts, 4 am- no pts, 6:10 am-yay!, pts!) Good luck everyone who is (patiently) waiting!

Yay! Glad you are seeing some points show up!!! Your good luck is clearly not directed at me - I am NOT waiting patiently. Its absolutely killing me :badpc:

But now that I know some people are seeing points, I will feel less guilty about harassing DH to check and see if our points have posted.

I haven't hit the end of my cycles for my 60K yet, but the other card I have with them always posts the points on the 2nd of the month and those points still haven't shown up for me. I checked and last year they showed up on Jan 7th - so it looks like they're late every January but still this seems overly long to wait.

I haven't hit the end of my cycles for my 60K yet, but the other card I have with them always posts the points on the 2nd of the month and those points still haven't shown up for me. I checked and last year they showed up on Jan 7th - so it looks like they're late every January but still this seems overly long to wait.

From the data points I've seen, there seems to have been a delay in points posting for most people who had statement closing dates in the first week of January. That delay seems to be over as most people, including myself, have had there points post on time this week. In my case, the points posted the day after my statement close just as they always have; CP has been added to all my currently booked flights! I think you'll be just fine when you hit the end of your cycle this month.

From the data points I've seen, there seems to have been a delay in points posting for most people who had statement closing dates in the first week of January. That delay seems to be over as most people, including myself, have had there points post on time this week. In my case, the points posted the day after my statement close just as they always have; CP has been added to all my currently booked flights! I think you'll be just fine when you hit the end of your cycle this month.
Wow, you are lucky! I am still waiting for my second set of points to post. I thought for sure they would be here this morning but they are not. (My statements closed 1/1 and 1/3.)

Yeah, none of my statement date 1/1 or 1/5 were posted as of yesterday... Still looking for my points... :sail:

Wow, you are lucky! I am still waiting for my second set of points to post. I thought for sure they would be here this morning but they are not. (My statements closed 1/1 and 1/3.)

I've seen data points that many people's points are starting to come through that had closings that first week. Mine and a few others I closely monitor all closed early this week and all points have been posted. I'm sure they'll show up soon, but I can certainly understand your frustration. I know this is probably a dumb question, but you did see the 60K on your statement and are only waiting for them to actually hit your RR account, correct?

Yeah my Statement closes on the 1st of the month and I have always gotten my regular points (not the bonus ones) on the 2nd into my account, I'm still waiting on those. That's for my old Southwest CC. I opened up 2 new ones for the CP and those haven't even closed yet. I'm not worried, just surprised at how much slower Southwest is this year compared to previous years.

I've seen data points that many people's points are starting to come through that had closings that first week. Mine and a few others I closely monitor all closed early this week and all points have been posted. I'm sure they'll show up soon, but I can certainly understand your frustration. I know this is probably a dumb question, but you did see the 60K on your statement and are only waiting for them to actually hit your RR account, correct?
Oh yes, they are definitely on my SW statement. I checked that to verify when the statement posted since they weren't on my RR account. I guess it's just frustrating that those of us who have should have had our points last week are stuck waiting. I know I am probably safe to start booking flights without it but I would prefer to have it first rather than plan a vacation I might have to change.

I'm also impatiently waiting for my SW points to show in my RR acct. My stmt closed on the 9th and I should be receiving my $3k points for my spend, plus my 60k bonus points. My chase acct only shows the 3k points spend transferred to SW, but not the bonus. RR doesn't show either. I guess until my 60k bonus points are there, the 3k points don't really matter because they aren't enough to book with, but I wish they'd post anyway! Not sure what to do about the bonus points, thought I'd wait a few days and then SM Chase.

Interesting data point - not sure if it makes a difference... I just looked and our 1.5.18 statement's points have posted - that is the business card. The 1.1.18 statement's points have not yet posted - that's the personal card. Kinda odd. I double checked and the bonus points are listed on both statements, and per the chase website (when you look at rewards info for each card) it shows both amounts as transferred to Chase.

I broke down and asked DH for his southwest RR login info so that I could obsessively check on my own, rather than having to bug him to do it - he's more patient (less neurotic?) than me...

My husband’s first card closed on Thursday. The bonus points are posted in his RR account today! Second account closes on the 25th, so still a few weeks to wait. Excited to see we’re still on track!

Interesting data point - not sure if it makes a difference... I just looked and our 1.5.18 statement's points have posted - that is the business card. The 1.1.18 statement's points have not yet posted - that's the personal card. Kinda odd. I double checked and the bonus points are listed on both statements, and per the chase website (when you look at rewards info for each card) it shows both amounts as transferred to Chase.

I broke down and asked DH for his southwest RR login info so that I could obsessively check on my own, rather than having to bug him to do it - he's more patient (less neurotic?) than me...
I am still waiting for my second set of darn points to post. I am actually getting pretty pissed that they are missing. I tweeted this morning about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter