January 20111...let's start planning

we are going Jan 9-Jan 15 ..5 nights at AKL and 2 nights Contempory club....booked general discounts...but still waiting for AP discounts...hoping for warmer weather than here in NY that time of year :thumbsup2

we are going Jan 9-Jan 15 ..5 nights at AKL and 2 nights Contempory club....booked general discounts...but still waiting for AP discounts...hoping for warmer weather than here in NY that time of year :thumbsup2

When we arrived last year (when they had that "cold" streak) it was 31 degrees at 9:45am. That was still 25 degrees warmer than when we left from Syracuse! It warmed up to about 55. In January you can bet on wide range of temps. Over the last four years (during the day) we've seen it as cold as the low 50’s and as warm as the high 80's. Either way it’s still a whole lot better than Upstate New York in the winter!;)

Hi there - We just added on a trip Jan. 4-12 at Pop. DH decided he wanted to run the 1/2 marathon, and I wasn't saying no! We'll be back at BCVs in May (and I'm hoping to get one more trip in Dec. since we'll have APs.) I'm really looking forward to Jan! We need a vacation!

We're from MN so cold is relative to us, too! Surely, it will feel better than January in MN. I just hope we might get a little pool time in for the kids!

We're from MN so cold is relative to us, too! Surely, it will feel better than January in MN. I just hope we might get a little pool time in for the kids!

We're from TX, and we were there last Feb. It was FREEZING (to us southerners). But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, b/c we're going back in JAN this year!! We did not even come close to getting in the pool last Feb. It was way to cold for us. But, I believe that winter of 2009 was very warm, like in the 80s a lot of days, so you just never know, I guess.

Heck, we swam every day last January. The pools are heated, just run for the towel when you get out!:lmao:

We will be there Jan.29,2011 cannot wait will have grand kids first time for them

We're from TX, and we were there last Feb. It was FREEZING (to us southerners). But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, b/c we're going back in JAN this year!!

Hehe being from TX too I had to laugh...I think anything under 70 degrees is freezing!! But I complained that June was way to hot to go. So I am curious to see how January is when we go.

I think anything under 70 degrees is freezing!! But I complained that June was way to hot to go. So I am curious to see how January is when we go.

:lmao: I feel the same way. My husband and friends who live back east tease me about that. I'm used to mild winters. But we've gone to WDW in September and it was sooo hot. I am looking forward to the cooler Janurary weather.

I am stressing out about what to pack!!! We arrive January 2nd. I can remember January trips in the past where we FROZE our butts off, and others that weren't too bad. I hate to pack clothes for every type of weather!!! I'm thinking shorts sleeves with sweatshirts for the daytime, can always take sweatshirt off if we need to. But definitely jackets/coats for night. One year it was in low 30's and we had to go to DTD and buy gloves and hats. What do you guys think?????

I am stressing out about what to pack!!! We arrive January 2nd. I can remember January trips in the past where we FROZE our butts off, and others that weren't too bad. I hate to pack clothes for every type of weather!!! I'm thinking shorts sleeves with sweatshirts for the daytime, can always take sweatshirt off if we need to. But definitely jackets/coats for night. One year it was in low 30's and we had to go to DTD and buy gloves and hats. What do you guys think?????

We're going to try to pack a little bit of everything. If we have to, we'll do laundry while we're there. Land's End is having a good sale right now, so we're buying some hoodies and fleece jackets from them. I'm also buying a few t-shirts that will be good for layering. and sweatsuits to bring to the pool. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather though. I 'm hoping that we'll be able to swim at least one time during our stay.

We're arriving Jan. 2, too! I'm dreading packing... we're going to have to take SO many clothes. I know we'll be able to do laundry but like you said, hats, gloves, etc. And, we were hoping to be able to use the pool at the resort while we're there. I'll be praying for nice weather!!

We are mainly packing jeans with t-shirts or long sleeve t-shirts. We'll have a few sweaters/sweatshirts if we need them. And then we will each have a zip up hoodie to wear or take off as needed in the parks.

I'm planning on a little bit of everything. 1 or 2 jeans each, 2 or 3 shorts, some tees and L/S tees for layering, a sweatshirt and a sweatshirt jacket for all. I guess I'll throw in some gloves just in case. We were there 2 yrs ago in Jan, and had gorgeous weather, even a bit hot. It was cool in the mornings and evenings, so we'd wear s/s jackets to the parks and have them for laters. The week before us was cold, and the day we left was in the 50's and rainy, so we got very lucky. Hope we get lucky this time, too. :worship:

We arrive at the same time. I'm planning jeans/pants and long-sleeve shirts, mostly. We'll have some sweatshirts and t-shirts for layering.
I think I will bring one pair of shorts or capris for each person, too, because I do remember one year it was quite warm and DS was miserable wearing jeans & really wanted to be in shorts. I think we ended up buying a pair in one of the shops.
Hats & gloves for sure. I usually bring the cheap stretchy ones because they're so likely to get lost there.

Have you all started packing already? I've set a few things aside but that's about it.

We'll be at POP Jan 22-30 and just booked, so I'm waaaaaay behind on the planning!:scared1:

I already made a few ADR's today and got a few of our must-do's, so I feel a little better.:rolleyes: I think I was up half the night because my mind was racing, trying to plan out which days for which parks and thinking about what to pack.

How am I going to have the time to think about Thanksgiving and Christmas when I'll be too obsessed with WDW???!!!:upsidedow

Soooo excited!! :cool1: A couple of weeks ago we booked to go on 26th an for 16 nights! We are staying at OKW because of the 42% room discount - we dithered a lot as to that or SSR but OKW won out in the end - heck, we're going to WDW, so it'll be more than fine!! Have made some ADRs with our free DPP, and have kept a handful free so we can have a bit of spontaneity!

Reading here about the temperatures....we went last year on Jan 14th for 2 weeks. It's the earliest we'd been, and as others are saying, there was that freaky cold spell - we knew it would be cooler than May or October, but not THAT cold. However, last night we were discussing what to take and rememebering what we needed last year....we did the hotel pool a few times, and sunbathed a little. We also had a full day at Typhoon Lagoon where we also sunbathed! We both bought WDW fleeces whilst there and we felt that was the maximum layer we needed to wear - first thing on a morning and at night, and sometimes during the day. But we didn't use gloves or scarves or big coats - but we are from the UK and compared to that it was tropical :rotfl2: (I'm looking at the snow outside our window as I type this :eek: ). The only time we were REALLY properly cold was on the boat from DTD to POR at night - the fleece was SO not enough then!

We are hoping that the weather will not be as bad this year, and also are banking that going a whole 2 weeks later will make all the difference!!

I must be excited becasue I am rambling :rotfl2:

which adr's did you make? we are doing donalds breakfast in AK and CRT

Got Ohana for dinner, HDDR, and CP first ADR in am! I want to try the AK breakfast but haven't had the time to organize my days and finish ADRs We did CRT last trip for the first time; I liked it but it's not for us every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter