• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
still really slow here Dang missed that pirate again early bird etc

Thanks for the youtube link, it's becoming more believable now

Mary Jo
How did your daughter get on did they get to see the stars...is that why you're still up waiting for her to get in?:thumbsup2

Does anyone have an idea as to how many young adults are aboard around our DD's age - turning 21 on this cruise. She loved the Teen-club when she was younger and felt very disappointed after she turned 18 and had nothing available to meet other's her age. We were on the Eastbound Panama and after mentioning the situation to the Cruise Director, he discussed the situation with her and the 'College Club" a venue and time for 18-25's to meet was born and was very successful ..... wonder if it's still going? As this is her celebration cruise too we'd really like to make sure she has a good time!

Don't know about numbers, but my niece (what would that be, dn? - haven't found a rosetta stone for the codes yet), will be a few months shy of 21 during the cruise.

Dan

Don't know about numbers, but my niece (what would that be, dn? - haven't found a rosetta stone for the codes yet), will be a few months shy of 21 during the cruise.

Dan

Thanks Dan,
Hopefully the "College Club" is still up and running and they will all have an opportunity to meet up.
Charmaine

I leave you all alone for a minute and the thread descends to the gutter... the very idea Flashing on the DIS whatever next.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Lanyard Status 5/19:
Talked to formerCPer (Brian). He is getting the lanyard design E ready to go. So I'm ready to start accepting everyone's order and payment.:cool1: Please note that DCL did not grant us permission to use copyrighted materials, which is probably the Disney font, mickey icon and use of Disney Magic. However, they said its unlikely anything will be said to us about it if we make them up and wear them AND ARE NOT SELLING THEM. They are totally fine if we made them at home, its the use of an independent vendor that gets tricky. The big thing is that we are not selling these lanyards and are strictly for personal use.

5/17:Got the badge holder sample. Its bigger than I thought compared to the Key to the World card but you can easily open and stick your fingers in to get to the card. So I wonder if we should stick with that size or go smaller?

ORDER INFORMATION:
Since this is a two color lanyard, the cost will be $2.43 per lanyard
Each lanyard comes with a badge holder which is $0.20 each
So I need a total of $2.63 for each lanyard
Add $1 for each reel. I'm thinking of ordering the black reel to go with the black lanyard. Sound Ok with everyone?????
So the total for a lanyard with reel is $3.63.

Timeline: Would like to get the lanyard order in before June 15th latest. Which means I need everyone's payment prior. Anyone else who wants to order, please post and let me know. Payment info is below.

Payment: I can take paypal payments (basic account, not the premier account) at kylarice at worldnet.att.net. If you don't have paypal, I will take a check. For the UK people who don't have paypal, just pay when you pick up your lanyards, under the table please. Please pm me for my address to send the checks to. Please include your DIS forum name with any payment, so I know who you are.

Ok so far I have the following interest:
Kyla 9
Jlawall 7
Eeyorelvr10 6
kidcoos3 5
Andrew UK 4
Salliep 3
Pixie DustII 4
AnnaS 5
disneymagic316 9
MrsG 2
MrsJobba1 2
Lovebeast 4
Iowazipcode 8
disneylover 5 5
formerCper 4
10yrann 8
MaryJo 3
LynnTarrant 2
Sandaneli 2
JustJus 4
Aurora1959 4
caven 553 7
danfromca
Total: 113

# badge reels requested:
MrsJobba (2)
salliep (3)
MrsG (2)
AnnaS (5)
eeyorelvr10 (6)
lovebeast (3)
jlawall (2)
Kidcoos3 (5)
LynnTarrant (2)
justjus (1)
caven553 (4)
Aurora1959 (4)
PixieDustII (4)
Total: 45

Lanyard Design Options (by formerCPer)
37762Lanyard-Designs3.jpg

Design E is the Winner!

Cost for lanyard design E will be about $3.00
It comes with a badge holder: http://www.kennyproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KPI&Product_Code=372
To add a badge reel http://www.kennyproducts.com/Mercha...en=PROD&Store_Code=KPI&Product_Code=425-blank, will be another $1 per badge reel.
I was thinking of ordering once I get everyone's payment and bringing them to Barcelona or the DIS meetup to pass out.

Please note: I called the lanyard maker and DCL regarding the design of these lanyards and if there were any copyright or trademarked problems. Both told me they were OK with it since we are using them for personal use and not selling them (thats why I need your payment first before I put the order in). Although DCL said that the design is OK, they said there is a small chance that guest services may request that we not wear the lanyard (I guess if the Disney police are onboard). ETA: I have since emailed DCL a picture of the lanyard design to get another confirmation that the design is OK. ETA: DCL responded with a generic "we can't grant permission to use copyrighted materials" esp with an independent vendor due to agreements with other vendors. If you chose to create items with Disney designs at home - no problems as LONG AS THEY ARE NOT BEING SOLD. ETA: sent email to DCL asking for specifics: which items (images, font or words) are copyrighted that are on the lanyard. No word yet. ETA: called DCL to follow up on generic email. They said this is a gray area. They can't grant me permission to use copyright materials. However, they highly doubt that DCL will say anything if we went ahead and made up the lanyard AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT BEING SOLD AND ARE FOR PERSONAL USE.

I posted this on the previous page, but in case you haven't seen. Some people were confused on how things attach together. Hopefully, this will clear it up:
113321pic1-thumb.jpg
Here is the lanyard with the badge holder (except ours will be vertical)
113321424_front-thumb.jpg
Here is the lanyard with badge reel (except ours will come as two pieces: a lanyard with J hook (as shown in the above pic). Each badge reels has a belt clip in back. The J hook hooks on the belt clip of the badge reel. See the little tab on the badge reel? That will snap onto the top of the badge holder. The badge holder will hold your Key to the World card. The badge reel is not heavy duty. It is a light string and is made to hold the weight of your badge holder.
Thanks for your hard work

Helen,
Congrats on the First Honorary Captain's Lady!!!!

Maryann

Many Thanks
pirate: :flower3: pirate:

Does anyone have an idea as to how many young adults are aboard around our DD's age - turning 21 on this cruise. She loved the Teen-club when she was younger and felt very disappointed after she turned 18 and had nothing available to meet other's her age. We were on the Eastbound Panama and after mentioning the situation to the Cruise Director, he discussed the situation with her and the 'College Club" a venue and time for 18-25's to meet was born and was very successful ..... wonder if it's still going? As this is her celebration cruise too we'd really like to make sure she has a good time!

I have two sons 19 (closer to 20) and 21 (closer to 22). Unfortunately, unless they bump into people on their own - they do not want us parents at this age recommending "hanging out" with anyone. That is why I try very hard to at least get them to come to the dismeet for a few minutes.

Gretchen did well in her dance competition today....she had two proformances and got two gold medals (platinum sp?) is the best, but those are far and few between.

She has three dances tomorrow, but spread out all day....

Congratulations and good luck today. Wishing Gretchen all the best.

I leave you all alone for a minute and the thread descends to the gutter... the very idea Flashing on the DIS whatever next.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I think its neat that wireless internet is available. My sister is bringing her laptop. Wonder if she'll let me use it. But I think I will be far too busy to use it.

I am plannng on bringing mine- if only for downloading pics

loved the video and the music- thanks travel buddy[/:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Now you wouldnt get me doing any cheap stunts to snag a pirate early on a Sunday morning

so now I see, you wait for the big ones to come along!!! I might just pull an all nighter to add Cap. Jack to my title !!:surfweb: pirate: pirate:

You will all get a rest from me today- we have a christening in Staten Island today- I will keep my eye open for you Anna!!!

You will all get a rest from me today- we have a christening in Staten Island today- I will keep my eye open for you Anna!!!

Where is your Christening Sallie?

I am right now trying to talk/convince myself to go walking at Gateway Beach (2 mins. from me) - I usually go on Wed. mornings when I am off - which is definitely not enogh.

Then trying to go to Nordstrom at the Woodbridge or Menlo Park Mall in NJ (for dd's graduation dress). Will spend late afternoon, eve. with my parents - they live two blocks away and I need to get off the compter when I have five minutes to stop by there.:sad2:

I am plannng on bringing mine- if only for downloading pics

loved the video and the music- thanks travel buddy[/:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

We might bring this one, its Alice's mine is a bit bigger.

Now you wouldnt get me doing any cheap stunts to snag a pirate early on a Sunday morning.
:thumbsup2
:so now I see, you wait for the big ones to come along!!! I might just pull an all nighter to add Cap. Jack to my title !!:surfweb: pirate: pirate:
Someones going to get Jack.
Enjoy, remember to take pictures and not to FLASH in church.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter