June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
Hey all my friends from the June, July, August code watch thread. :wave2: Just wanted to start a new place for us to come and discuss our planning. We will put all of the code !#!* behind us and think happy Disney thoughts. :wave: :yay: :wave:

Hi! :wave2: Just coming over from the code watch thread. In spite of all the stress waiting for codes we are still trying to have fun planning our trip...we are currently working on ADR's!

I'm here, too!
Thanks for starting the thread. I'm calling it a night a little early tonight, so I'll meet up with you all tomorrow; here and on our Code Watch thread.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but if not...I'm hangin' in there. We're still going to Disney, codes or no codes!
:thumbsup2
G'nite!

I will be THERE three weeks from today. I am all packed, and ready to go! I did a crazy thing today. I changed my entire itenerary accroding to Tour Guide Mike advice. Had to change 21 TS ADR's!!!! :confused3 What was Ithinking???? Managed to get all of the ressies changed though--INCLUDINNG CRT!!! Pixie dust was sprinkled upon me! :wizard:

Til then. . . . . :hourglass

Well, I think I talked my DH into going in August if a discount does not come out. Right now I am still hoping for July codes but I feel a lot less stress knowing that we can stay close to budget by going in August. Hope everyone has a good day. :wave2:

Well since it doesn't look like there will be any codes any time soon, my DH is working overtime so we can keep all the ADR's I've made.

We will be at WL on Father's day for a week and I can't wait!

PM me if you all want me to send you a postcard!
Or a postcard to your kiddies from their favorite character!
(I'll sign it from the character)

I need help planning a day at AK.

Haven't been there since June 2000.

What is a good touring plan with EE now the headliner?

My party includes Myself, wife and DD16.

Thanks

ski ;)

What a great thread!

We are now considering the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress has anyone stayed there?

We are also considering a night at a beach resort near the Space Center as my DS is a huge space nut. Any suggestions?

We will still use our APs to visit the parks but will likely spend more time out of Disney. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for us as I tend to think Disney and Disney only when we stay on site.

We will be staying at the Pop one week from tomorrow for a quick weekend trip on AP rates. It is our first time at a value - has anyone stayed there?

:wizard: on magical vacations no matter where they may be at :goodvibes

For AK, I would think that you'd want to head directly to EE for fastpasses. Get them then head to Dinosaur where you will probably only have a short wait....or this time of year, to Kali, if you don't mind getting wet early in the day.

We used to use a similar strategy for Dinosaur and it worked well...we usually got fastpasses then walked on. We'd take the little ones to the playground and take turns using our fastpasses after that first ride. With any luck we will be able to do the same with Everest.

As for the safari...we've found it quite a short wait in the afternoons. I don't think we've gotten a fastpass for this one since our first visit to AK in 99 (right after they started fastpass...the cm couldn't convince anyone in the hour long line to take one!)

Our plans are just a quick weekend....Dh and ds want to get autographs from the actors who played Boba Fett and Jango Fett in the Star Wars movies. We want to ride EE (rode it twice during the preview in January...can't wait to ride again!) at AK and the guys want to do the Star Wars stuff. That's pretty much it. We're trying to keep this budget as low as possible while not driving ourselves insane. Previously on budget trips we'd take a lot of our own food...but one of my requirements for even taking this trip is that it should be fun for me and hauling food is not fun for me. We have the DDE card so we have 20% off at the food courts in the value resorts and counter service at AK....plus we'll go to Trail's End and have lunch with Mickey at the Garden Grill before we head home. We'll probably hit all 4 parks in our 2 1/2 days....but just do a thing or two at each of them.

Have fun planning everyone!

I ordered my tickets this evening, not AP's, so the codes will come out tommorrow for sure :rotfl: I will still check every day, but it feels good to have my tickets on the way. I will upgrade mine to an AP once we get there if codes do come out! We're going to Disney 5 weeks from today! :cool1:

Hi TP2 :wave2:
Thank you for starting this thread :goodvibes Its a relaxing place to visit with you and all our new friends, and discuss the plans we have for the summer :sunny:
Well, I`ll tell you that we went ahead and paid off our YC ressie today,(that`s the one we`re waiting on an AP code for) and I`ve been spending time planning our 2 days there, before we move to over to SSR.
DH & I are actually going to leave N.J. in June and fly to our oldest Son`s home in SC for 2 weeks, then we`ll drive to WDW from there, in July. We had a hard time with the car rental situation (alot of co.`s charge a big fee for one way travel). National was pretty fair, soooo, when we get down to Disney, we`re going to have to go to MCO drop off the National car, and pick up an Alamo SUV :crazy:

When I came back online today I got an email from disney! I thought "oh my god, this is it!" NOT > It was a reminder to do ADR's for our upcoming trip. :smooth: Like I didn't do that at the 180 mark. :rolleyes:

:hourglass :3dglasses

Hi Everyone! :wave2: My youngest DS (age 14) and I will be there 6-9 to 6-18 at PC. Oldest DS is 32, married with children of his own. I say I raised 2 only children! This is youngest DS's and mine's longest trip ever. That's why I booked at a value Resort. I didn't want to be up a creek without a paddle if a code didn't come thru!
I only started going to WDW in June of 2000 and this will make my 10th trip! At work, I have become the one everyone goes to if they're planning a WDW trip! :teeth: I blame several co-workers for this year's trip. I had orginally thought of going to Myrtle Beach. After helping the co-worker's with their plans I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to go too! ;)
DS still thinks we're going to MB. I am not going to tell him the truth until we get to the airport! Boy, is he going to be surprised!!!
Great thread! Since I have to keep quiet at home about our trip, it's nice I can share the excitement with everyone here! :goodvibes

TC :cool1:

Tuffcookie said:
Hi Everyone! :wave2: My youngest DS (age 14) and I will be there 6-9 to 6-18 at PC. Oldest DS is 32, married with children of his own. I say I raised 2 only children! This is youngest DS's and mine's longest trip ever. That's why I booked at a value Resort. I didn't want to be up a creek without a paddle if a code didn't come thru!
I only started going to WDW in June of 2000 and this will make my 10th trip! At work, I have become the one everyone goes to if they're planning a WDW trip! :teeth: I blame several co-workers for this year's trip. I had orginally thought of going to Myrtle Beach. After helping the co-worker's with their plans I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to go too! ;)
DS still thinks we're going to MB. I am not going to tell him the truth until we get to the airport! Boy, is he going to be surprised!!!
Great thread! Since I have to keep quiet at home about our trip, it's nice I can share the excitement with everyone here! :goodvibes

TC :cool1:

I have always wanted to surprise my kids with a WDW trip!! I don't think I could do it, I would end up telling them ahead of time! Maybe I should wait until they are older and then I will try. My oldest is 6 and I think that might be information overload for her if I was all of a sudden telling her she was going to Disney. That should be so much fun for you and your son!

Thanks for creating this one TP2!! :thumbsup2

It's been a looonnngggg week @ work & I just got in to log on (we had hockey game tix tonight that DH won from a local radio station this AM). I'm catching up on the code board & here @ the same time ........ :teeth:

Our countdown clock says we officially have 56 days, 16 hours & 43 minutes 'til Disney!!! :cool1: woohooo .... we're on the way!!!

We originally started planning a vacation to Myrtle Beach this year as well, but after "running the number", we figured out we could go to Disney ALMOST (not!) as cheap! Well, that was right up until DH said "let's get APs!" Yeah, there went the "cheap" part of the vaction .......

The July trip isn't a surprise for the kids, but we're discussing going back in October for MY B-DAY & MNSSHP and surprising the kids with that one. They are asking to go to MNSSHP & we've never been .... turns out they have one the night of my actual b-day so I figure that's about the best party I could have, right??? :banana: We thought we'd plan the whole thing & load 'em up in the car and see how long it takes them to ask "where are we going?" :rotfl:

I have friends who are at WDW right now (we totally helped them plan) and they didn't tell any of their kids -- they have FIVE combined (but only took 4 since the baby's only 1). They got in the car & told them. One of their 9 year old son's was all like "no we aren't. Are we REALLY going to WDW??? REALLY????"

Myrtle Beach? oh my, no! Don't do that! ;)

But we can take a day trip there....so I don't see the appeal of a Myrtle Beach vacation quite as much as other places. We once cancelled a beach vacation in favor of Disney because Disney was cheaper....about a 16 hour longer drive...but cheaper. (we lived in PA then)

We were planning to surprise the kids, but dh and I were emailing today about the possibility of telling them. He thinks it may go better if the kids are more involved in the planning. He might be right. Particularly about our 6yo dd.

We are planning to stay at Pop too. Don't have the reservation yet. We do have our arrival night at Amerisuites from Priceline. I was really hoping for an AS room. As soon as I go ahead and reserve Pop the AP rate will come out so I have to make a second call.

Have fun planning!

What are your travel dates Lesley? Funny, we also booked our 1st night stay @ AmeriSuites through Priceline! :rotfl: We'll be at AmeriSuites 7/1, check in at CR Garden Wing 7/2 - 7/5, Poly 7/5 - 7/8 and over to PORiverside for one night on 7/8 --- drive home the 9th!

Yeah .... you counted right ..... FOUR hotels (resorts) in ONE WEEK!!! :eek: DH is actually excited about that, but I'd rather check in, stay a week & check out ......... It's all about the $$$. Don't know if you saw my post on the other thread, but we actually saved $270 by switching our 1st 3 nights from the Poly to CR! We have AAA for both ressies too. I couldn't believe the diff it made. That's a lot of ca$h for 3 nights!!!

The more we look at it, the more excited we are. I really think the kids will enjoy the CR - especially being able to WALK to MK!!! We're quite excited about that part. The only down side is that we requested North Garden Wing, so I don't believe we'll be gettin a rennovated room ..... oh well .... We'll still be at WDW & in a Deluxe Resort at that, right???

We've never stayed @ POR before, so we're looking forward to that too! It's our only option in a Mod since we're a "party of five". When DH's DD isn't with us, we only have 4, so we can do value, but for our big family vacation in the summer, it's all five baby .....

Hi all!! I haven't caught up yet with the code thread and now I have another one to get caught up on too!! Our room is paid for now and I have to buy passes, but I can wait till June to do that I suppose. I'm waiting on airfare to see if you are going back in December this year so I'm really waiting on codes and plane tickets. It's driving me a bit nuts!

mkymouse4ever said:
When I came back online today I got an email from disney! I thought "oh my god, this is it!" NOT > It was a reminder to do ADR's for our upcoming trip. :smooth: Like I didn't do that at the 180 mark. :rolleyes:

:hourglass :3dglasses
mky- I got the same email today ! :rolleyes: I was looking all over it, hoping mabe,..... it had a "HIDDEN AP room discount code" ! :rotfl2:

Yesterday, when I got the mail in, I called DH & said "We got Mickey Mail!"
He's like "Is it the Mickey Monitor?"
Nope.
"Is it a postcard with a room discount????"
Nope.
It was just our confirmation for switching our ressies from Poly to CR for the 1st three nights. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We got out our 2006 WDW vacation planning kit & popped the CD in the computer last night. It's pretty cool. We haven't really looked at it before b/c I let some friends borrow the DVD for their trip (they're there now!), so we haven't had it. It has a lot of info about the resorts, etc. with virtual tours! It just made us ready to start packing!!! :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter