June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking to the queen of over packers! Just getting the suitcases into the car for the drive to the airport has been known to start a fight with DH! Of course he is a man so he has no idea of how much stuff I have to pack for 5 people for a two week trip! Last year I did start shipping some things - kids costumes, stuffed animals, ponchos, light up spinners, water/fan spray bottles etc. However, we still ended up with 11 suitcases and 4 or 5 carry ons!

All our ADRs are made - of course I've been known to change them, along with changing resorts every other week!

Still waiting for the AP codes to come out. I really was hoping it was tomorrow instead of today because I had to be at our school by 7:15 this morning for Teacher Appreciation Day.

The craziest thing I do is buying the kids lots of new clothes, hanging them in their closets, and telling them they can't wear them until Disney! About a week before we go I also buy all new underwear and socks for them. What is it about a trip that makes mothers buy new underwear?

31 days till we leave! :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am also having 2 yard sales before we leave :crazy: to earn more spending money!!! :goodvibes
Send pixie dust for good sales!!! :cheer2:

TC :cool1:

java said:
So any ideas on the luggage? :confused3
Definately check out the mouse savers discount at ebags. I've purchased quite a few pieces this way and was always pleased with the prices. And I've never had any problems at all.

dkostel said:
Definately check out the mouse savers discount at ebags. I've purchased quite a few pieces this way and was always pleased with the prices. And I've never had any problems at all.
You know I tried to go into ebags with my code and I had no luck. Do you know where I can get the mousesavers code? I think it may have expired. Thanks.

Java: don't know about ebags, but make sure you check the weight on the luggage. ;) I bought new luggage last year because my old set weighed about 10-15# empty. When you fly, airlines only allow 50# or they charge you extra. :wizard:

Java - For what it's worth, we just bought the Disney luggage set from disneyshopping.com & LOVE it. I was surprised at how big it was when it arrived. DH & I went down for a quick weekend & packed everthing in the smaller of the 2 suitcases ........of course, we had cheap-o Wal-Mart suitcases before ....... the Disney ones just seem like a really good "value" to us! :goodvibes

TP2 - When are you going to be @ WDW? Our tickers look like we're counting down the same time frame, but I'm not 100% sure ..... We'll be there 7/1 - 7/9 ....... our 1st night is offsite (AmeriSuites), then 3 nights @ CR, 3 nights @ Poly & the last night @ POR! Yeah - 4 resorts in 7 nights, oh my!!!

I too have been "squirreling" things away for our trip. I have little boxes from the Disney Store that I'm preparing for each child with little "surprises" inside (candy, handheld toys, disney cups, keychains, etc.). I also bought new t-shirts for everyone ....... the Disney Store was having an AWESOME clearance sale with t-shirts for $2.50!!! ....... we have new flip-flops, etc., etc., etc. I've even started buying snack food to take!!! and bottled water .... :rotfl:

Last year the car was FULL of so much stuff, the kids were squeezed in the backseat like sardines ....... but it's all good. :teeth: They just know they're going back to Disney!!!

This year, I've become so OCD that I have a color-coded spreadsheet (made in Excel) and a 3 ring binder with pocket dividers. I have all my maps, ressie confirmations, budget worksheet, etc. in one section and the next section is ALL DINING!!! I have color-coded tab dividers for each park with printed menus for the restaurants we are likely to frequent for each park (especially the ones we have ADRs for!) so we can browse the selection & prices to set our budget ........ :blush: oh my, it really has gotten out of hand, hasn't it???

Mouseaddicts We'll be at the Poly july1-9th!!!! Same timeframe!
Look for us we'll be hard to miss-4 children. :wave2:
I'll have the mickey heads on my stroller if I can get them out the door without DH noticing.(he has internet issues :rotfl2: )

If AP discounts come out we will be there July 5 - 18. If they do not come out we are going August 15 - 28. Either way we are staying for 2 weeks and taking it really slow. DH said he will only spend 6 hours a day in the parks and I said that is not enough time so we NEED 2 weeks to make everyone happy. :goodvibes

Wow, I couldn't find the mousesavers ebag code either. It was a long standing discount (maybe it is my fault for buying one of every possible type of luggage using the discount). I would suggest googling 'ebags coupons', it looks like there are other discounts out there.
good luck

Hello everyone, we to are going to be a Disney in July. We leave June 30th. We will be arriving a day early so I was able to get us in to WL on the 2nd, then we move over to POP for 2 nights and at last we go to POLY on July 5-12th, can't wait. I am sure all that moving will get on our nerves but we are looking forward to being in Disney for the 4th of July. I was able to get AAA rates on all our rooms! Any savings is good savings!
Time will go fast now. Last week DD had her Sr. Prom and she graduates in 2 weeks. I am kind of sad but of course she is very excited. Our trip to Disney is to celebrate her Graduation!!!! Our family all loves Disney. Asked where she would like to go she picked Disney, last year DS choose DC and Maryland. DC is a very cool area to visit also ,4th of July fireworks are great in the Nation's Capitial, but Disney is just so much more fun!!!IMHO :)
I am enjoying this thread. If you are at the Poly when we are look for the dark haired couple with the red haired teenagers, one with very long hair :cheer2: . That will be us!!! :wave:
Have fun planning!

WOW - It sounds like several of us will be @ the Poly at the same time!!! We have ressies @ Kona Cafe for "brunch" on th 4th @ 11:00 and again on the 7th @ 9:30 (we figured we'd make 2 ressies cuz we'll probably like the Tonga Toast so much we'll want to go back! :rotfl: ).

We're the "party of five" that you may catch wearing matching outfits!!! :teeth: We have our outfits from last year & found a new set for this year ..... it's pretty funny to see us all dressed alike!

We'll be @ the Poly the 5th - 8th (for now), but that COULD change if any AP codes come out .... we just don't know.

Congrats on the graduate Barb! :thumbsup2

So since I'm all bummed out about the fact that there are no codes (yet), tell me about your upcoming trips and cheer me up!

Where will you be dining?
What characters do you want to see?
What rides are a MUST?
What activities are you looking forward to?

Here's my answers:
We're dining at
Day One: Mickey's BBQ for dinner,
Day 2: WCC for Father's Day lunch, rent bikes, campfire program @ night
Day 3: CP breakfast, 1900 PF for dinner,
Day 4: Coral Reef lunch, Le Cellier dinner,
Day 5: DTD, Boardwalk, Mini golfing and Kobe Steakhouse dinner,
carriage ride @ FW, Watch fireworks from Poly beach
Day 6: San Angel lunch, Alfredo's dinner,
Day 7: Our Anniversary - Artist Point dinner & champagne Wishes cruise
Day 8: Sci Fi Dine in lunch, Hollywood & Vine dinner

I'm most looking forward to Concierge for our last 3 days, relaxing, romancing and making many memories.
Rides? I really like Peter Pan, the Great Movie ride, Buzz Lightyear ride, and can't wait to try Everest!
Characters: I really don't need to see any inparticular, but I will enjoy watching my 2 year old with them! :yay:

I hear ya!

Well, I am pretty much convinced that we will have to cancel our rooms at AKL and move our trip to August for free dining. But I will admit that as I am planning I am starting to get pretty excited. We will be able to do so much more as far as shows and character meals. Problem for us is we are not big eaters so the meal plan is really WAY too much food. I guess I will try to use less credits for certain meals because we are definately going to use some 2 credit meals. I booked Hoop and also CRT but I am not sure we will keep CRT. Now that I am starting to plan for August I have to figure out our credits to see how it will work out. If we come up short I will probably cancel CRT and book somewhere else.

Staying SLIGHTLY optimistic for Sunday but I am definately getting on with it. :wave2:

Since you've asked...

We'll be @ the world for fathers day too:banana: Gave up waiting for codes for 1st part of the trip (went w/Sheraton Vistana deal - 1st time off-site except for HRH @ U) & then home to BWV for remainder of trip.

Dining:
Chef Mickey's D buffet, always a great way to start out trip IMO.
LeCellier (twice- a fav) D;
Crystal Pal L;
H&V Fantasmic Pkg :thumbsup2 ,
Coral Reef D;
Cape May Char. B,
Spoodles D,
ESPN L & D.

Need to add on Sci-Fi, somewhere...DS needs a new cup.

Might try out the surrey bikes @ BW & DTD shopping is a must for us.

Difficult to find Donald & Stitch for us...glad we see them @ buffets.

Figure we might visit Typhoon Lagoo if it gets really hot, we were lucky w/our last June trip & it monsoon-like rained the whole time but, kept it relatively cool & the crowd level down.

May even cancel some on-site dining & try some outside the world this time. I've resolved to be less commando like this trip - time will tell.

DisneyMomx7 said:
The craziest thing I do is buying the kids lots of new clothes, hanging them in their closets, and telling them they can't wear them until Disney! About a week before we go I also buy all new underwear and socks for them. What is it about a trip that makes mothers buy new underwear?

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: I do this too!!! Nice to to know I'm not nuts! :rotfl2:

mouseaddicts said:
This year, I've become so OCD that I have a color-coded spreadsheet (made in Excel) and a 3 ring binder with pocket dividers. I have all my maps, ressie confirmations, budget worksheet, etc. in one section and the next section is ALL DINING!!! I have color-coded tab dividers for each park with printed menus for the restaurants we are likely to frequent for each park (especially the ones we have ADRs for!) so we can browse the selection & prices to set our budget ........ :blush: oh my, it really has gotten out of hand, hasn't it???

OCD? Is THAT what I am?! I have been doing EXACTLY what you are! color-coded spreadsheet (made in Excel), etc. my friend at work think I've really lost it!!! :crazy:

Glad I've found a place where I can feel "normal". . . :goodvibes

I'm normal...just buy everyone new socks:banana: .

I actually have a line item in my planning budget for new clothes for WDW trips. Of course, since we've been going more often, I've reduced the amount.

For Oct. had to factor in costumes for MNSSHP too.

We are a curious bunch.:goodvibes

Keishashadow - will you be at VWL that Father's day week? If so, I hope I get to see you to say hello!

I buy new clothes too, how weird. If you see the most adorable little boy running around WL lobby in a sailor suit, that will be my little guy! (probably trying to climb the totem pole or jump in the bubbling spring)
:teeth:
I need to get him new jammies still.

Do you guys ever get matching clothes? Me and DH got matching Hawaiian shirts for the trip AND I bought a third shirt that my mom is going to cut up and make a sunsuit for our little boy.

:Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter