June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the newsletter from Disneyworld.com yesterday and almost had a stroke until I opened it, are we getting a little punchy? :crazy:

Hi Everybody :wave:

We had a wonderful weekend here. Kept ourselves real busy so that I didn't keep popping in over here. :rolleyes: I so want to start making my ADR's but without knowing about the code I am so unsure about what we are doing. I did take care of a couple of big ones but I would love to go to Hoop De Doo, but if we do not get a break on the room there is no way to justify the cost. I am really hoping for this week but after this week I am going to make reservations for August. Lets keep it positive for Tuesday! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. :wave2:

You should try to really do Hoop Dee Doo. We loved it. It will always be one of our best memories. DH was picked for the end performance. It was a riot.

I'm glad you were able to do some ADRs. You can always cancel if you have to.

I'm watching about gas prices on the news and air fares. I hope it doesn't drive up air fare too high for our December trip.

Just checking in too, haven't been around much, just in the morning. :rolleyes: Sat. I was on call for 4 hrs and had to work that too so did a 12hr shift. Today again worked. Which means I get tommorrow off. :) And I can be on the phone bright and early. :wizard: Really hope we get some news soon, and it includes my dates in august. ;) :wizard:

EEyorelover22 said:
You should try to really do Hoop Dee Doo. We loved it. It will always be one of our best memories. DH was picked for the end performance. It was a riot.

I'm glad you were able to do some ADRs. You can always cancel if you have to.

I'm watching about gas prices on the news and air fares. I hope it doesn't drive up air fare too high for our December trip.

I really want Hoop but $150 is a lot for us. We do have the DDE card but it is only good for the 9:30 show and our 2 year old will never make it.

I know what you mean about the gas prices. SW is only releasing Dings a couple of weeks at a time now. I guess they are being really cautious not to over discount. I still did not buy our tickets for July either. I guess we just need to take it one week at a time. :hourglass

mkymouse4ever said:
Just checking in too, haven't been around much, just in the morning. :rolleyes: Sat. I was on call for 4 hrs and had to work that too so did a 12hr shift. Today again worked. Which means I get tommorrow off. :) And I can be on the phone bright and early. :wizard: Really hope we get some news soon, and it includes my dates in august. ;) :wizard:

I wasn't around much this weekend either. I am hoping you getting off tomorrow is karma and the codes will finally be released. :cheer2:

tripplanner2 said:
I really want Hoop but $150 is a lot for us. We do have the DDE card but it is only good for the 9:30 show and our 2 year old will never make it.

I know what you mean about the gas prices. SW is only releasing Dings a couple of weeks at a time now. I guess they are being really cautious not to over discount. I still did not buy our tickets for July either. I guess we just need to take it one week at a time. :hourglass
There will be other trips for Hoop Dee Doo :)

TP2 > personally I always thought Hoop de do was over rated. It was a must have tix, and we went after all the hype. I was bored and the food medicore. But then again, not a big country/western fan either.

Hi gang,

I've made our ADr's and everything is planned, so now what do I do? I guess I'll start packing! DH thinks I'm nuts!
I feel like a little kid waiting for this vacation.
I mean, who packs a month and 2 weeks ahead of time?

But I know YOU all would understand! :p

On the subject of the Hoop de Doo...my DH calls it the ....

Hoop de Doo charge out the Wazoo review!

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

We're going to give Mickey's backyard BBQ a try on our first night, June 17.

Jesussavedme said:
We're going to give Mickey's backyard BBQ a try on our first night, June 17.

I thought about trying this. But there are alot of mixed reviews. That some liked it but it was too crazy? Let us know what you think when you get back?

Yeah, you're right about those mixed reviews. I'm taking my 13 year old DS and my 2 year old DS, so I'm used to crazy, ha ha - we'll see how much crazier it actually is! :lmao:

And I heard that some ppl go for the all you can drink part of it, but have a hard time getting to the beer table, waiting in long lines etc...
So I guess we'll stick with pop.

I will let ya'all know how it is.
When are you going to be at WDW?

Thanks guys for making me feel better about Hoop. :grouphug: I thought about the Backyard BBQ but we are going in July and I read it was in a tent. I am assuming no AC. Way too hot in July to stay outside but maybe it is an enclosed tent or something. :wave2:

Jesussavedme said:
When are you going to be at WDW?

Aug 2>20th & Oct 11th > 28th. We usually go 1 big trip a year and rotate with 2 the next. Real disneyfile. :wizard: (But it is the only place we go). :wizard:

:Pinkbounc my ticker sez 39 days today! Glad I gave up the nerve wracking wait for AP rates & booked off-site for a few days...don't think I'd have any hair left @ this point. :crazy: Really hope this isn't an indication of things to come...hate the thought of going thru this for Oct. trip. I am definately not a last minute planner & sure would have hated to pay rack @ CR or any of the Val. we were interested in; cannot believe the AAA rates were sold out nearly 6 months in advance.

Hoping they extend SW weekends again this year so we can experience them...been reported that they typically announce a week or 2 ahead of time(?). Has anyone gone before, not really sure what to expect - wonder if they charge for autographs (or if you have to buy a photo to get signed?).

Hope it rains buckets when we're there to keep the locals away...seemed to work last June trip, when we had no problem navigating the parks.

My family is so shy, they'd cringe if a performer came near them @ hoop de doo. Of course, we always seem to get picked for interaction - go figure.LOL

I'm starting to freak out. We leave in well over a month and I haven't packed anything. This isn't like me. I'm trying to control my OCD, but I'm not doing well. With the extra work at the end of the school year, I don't even want to try to pack, but I'm having trouble not! I need to get a grip!! I keep practicing my deep breathing, but it turns into hyperventilation!!

By the way, when we all leave the code watch thread and the planning thread, we should head on over to the community board :)

Well you saw me freak out last night. :rotfl: I understand the packing thing. Last year my suitcases came down well over a month before our trip. I think once we hit the spring. But by the time our trip came I had SO MUCH packed the my DH almost killed me. We could barely fit all the luggage in the car to get to the airport and then when we got to the room there was no room for all of our stuff. :lmao: DH thinks the rooms at POR were too small but it was really that we just brought way too much. The return trip was even worse. When we returned to the airport ME dropped us at the curb and there were no carts to help us bring in our luggage. We could't carry it all and we had 3 kids (one not walking yet). :rotfl2: It was a total nightmare and one I am not looking to repeat so I have also not yet started packing either. :goodvibes

I actually took all the luggage up from the basement last evening, since we are flying to our son`s house in SC, the last week in June, before going to WDW.
We used to always overpack as you guys do, and as TP2 said , "going home was a nightmare, trying to fit all the things that you buy, but..... since we`ve became DVC members, I`ve since learned that alot of families send a box to thier resort 1 week before check-in (with things like Ponchos for the rain, misty fans, little suprise gifts that people give thier children each "day @ Disney") etc. things that would certainly take sooo much room up in your luggage. And, it`s certainly NOT exclusive to DVC members, I actually read this on the disney tips board :goodvibes
When your ready to send the box back home (we send it one day before we leave WDW), you can bring it to the BW conference building, and they`ll ups it home for you, or, bring it to the orlando outlets (there`s a ups store there, (that`s what we do). If you do this, just remember to address it to your resort, put " hold for..(your name), checking in..(date,).. and ressie # :)

Ok I have to BUY new luggage before we go. And I can't make up my mind. We had a great Hartmann set for the past 17 years!!! Holy smokes I can't believe it lasted that long and that was through some hard travel years all over the place. So great luggage but now it is sooooo expensive with 4 children I just can't justify it.(especially since we mostly drive now anyway) So what should I buy? I was looking at getting 2 samsonite sets(that should be enough for us all) but I am not loving it.
All the ADR's are made. Now it is time to start buying the goodies for the car- surprise toys, dvds ect... I have been getting the kids some new clothes- dressy stuff for dinners. hmmmm I guess I was holding out on the luggage thinking if I got an AP code I could spend more. lol So any ideas on the luggage? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter