June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we're making our 1st trip to our other home (BWV) this trip.

DH is none too thrilled, WL is his favorite WDW resort. :love: I could just sit in the lobby contentedly for hours (if only my family would let me;) ).

I'm still worried about staying offsite @ Sheraton Vistana for 1st few days but, there was absolutely no way I could work out staying @ the CR - rack rate! (we did book 2 nights for Oct. trip w/AAA rate though). We received an offer for 4 days in a 1 BR for $49 + nightly tax of approx. $14...with no TS presentation required! Even though we're only going to stay there 3 nights, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Have you stayed @ WL before? Post a pic of your DS, how cute...I'd get one on the boat, ala a nautical theme. Don't forget to venture over to the quiet pool...hot tubs are usually empty! We've never been a "flag family", reports are it's a great experience (?)

Have you looked @ www.disneyshopping.com yet for jammies, they were on sale the last time I shopped...just got my reloadable gift card for DS to have some "mad money".
Jesussavedme said:
Keishashadow - will you be at VWL that Father's day week? If so, I hope I get to see you to say hello!

I buy new clothes too, how weird. If you see the most adorable little boy running around WL lobby in a sailor suit, that will be my little guy! (probably trying to climb the totem pole or jump in the bubbling spring)
:teeth:
I need to get him new jammies still.

Do you guys ever get matching clothes? Me and DH got matching Hawaiian shirts for the trip AND I bought a third shirt that my mom is going to cut up and make a sunsuit for our little boy.

:Pinkbounc

Keishashadow, that's an awesome deal you got on the Sheraton! Wow! I wouldn't have passed that up either.

WL is my home away from home, the lobby is a great source of relaxation for me too. Or in the store in the rocker by the fake fire place, or in the Territory lounge, or on the beach, or on the 4th floor in the secluded sitting area or...Oh I can't wait to get there! :yay:
We stay there once a year but go over to just breathe it all in every other month or so. We do day trips to the parks since we live so close and will start with breakfast at Roaring Forks.

thanks for the link for Dis shopping! Good deals on there! Did you see the cute Father's Day Tigger in his robe and remote with personalized mug for only $20? How cute! My DH doesn't have time to watch tv really or drink coffee, so it doesn't apply here, darn it!

So are you packed yet? :teeth: A little early, but I am already getting started. Since all the planning is done, it's a way to vent that excitement. :Pinkbounc
We're going over to WL tomorrow for the day, just to hang out and go to Downtown Disney. Actually, I'm going to drop off some of my DH's surprises for our Anniv. trip - like the engraved champagne flutes and tshirts I had made up...the Lodge ppl are going to incorporate them into a fruit basket and put in our room after checkin. Cool, huh!

Want me to get anything for you?
Maps, pictures, postcards, gift shop items or otherwise?
Just let me know.

Have a Happy Mother's Day - hope you get pampered!
We're going over to my mom's to pamper her :)

So I posted in the code watch thread but I figure this is the real place to keep things alive now. I have canceled my July trip to AKL, because no AP discounts and rebooked during the free dining promotion in August. :cool1: We are a grand gathering and there are some really cool :cool2: experiences that are part of the dining plan. So now that we have the opportunity to go hog wild with food, I am in planning overdrive. This is going to be so much more fun for us because we won't worry about what we are spending on food. We just get to enjoy each meal. :Pinkbounc

I am also looking at the Magical Beginnings program. I think it will be nice for my kids who are DD7, DD5, and DD2. The crowds will also be smaller.

All we have to worry about is hurricanes. :scared1: :duck: :eek:

jesussavedme - how cool - I just noticed you live in FL, lucky duck. When I was a small child we lived outside of Tampa (Hillsboro) for a few years but, Mom got homesick for PA & we returned.

We've talked about retiring to FL someday (I told DH he could drive a bus & I'd work @ giftshop LOL). We wondered in the World would lose it's magic if we could visit @ will - doubt it highly! I am never so relaxed as when I'm @ WDW - absolutely cannot explain why.

I love the disney shopping site. Liked their auctions on eBay even better but, don't think they'll be returning anytime soon. I just got my minnie mouse costume for MNSSHP & a barbie doll (50th year DL) for my rapidly expanding Disneyana collection. DH just laughs when he stumbles over the boxes that mysteriously appear on the front porch.

What a great idea w/the glasses, never thought of that idea, certainly a good one. Can't think of a better place to enjoy an anniversary.

Sure your Mom will appreciate your kindness tomorrow. I've announced that I'm taking the day off cooking tomorrow...will spend the day filling in my passporter with res. # & ADR's - I'm woefully unprepared for upcoming trip.

Enjoy your excurision to DTD tomorrow - I'm jealous:goodvibes .

BTW, embarrassing but, do you know how far away from WDW the Sheraton Vistana property is? Booked sight unseen...I'm told 10-15 min. from MK? I thought it was close to DTD area.

I hope this will be ok here. We will be at WDW July 1-8. My brother-in-law will not be arriving until July 3 around 11:00am. I was planning MGM for that day, would we be able to enjoy ourselves if we get there that late? Being a first timer I would appreciate any help. :confused3

:wave:welcome to the boards. From what I gather that's a busy time of year with the 4th of July holiday.

That said, unless it's an EMH day, especially early entry, it should be fine. We've found that even on holidays Epcot can handle large crowds if you start out when the parks open.

Have you checked the crowd level projections @ www.touringplans.com for your dates? good luck
jmskinner said:
I hope this will be ok here. We will be at WDW July 1-8. My brother-in-law will not be arriving until July 3 around 11:00am. I was planning MGM for that day, would we be able to enjoy ourselves if we get there that late? Being a first timer I would appreciate any help. :confused3

Thank you for your reply Keishashadow and the website. It looks like per that calendar we will be ok at MGM on Monday. Looks like I may change some of my other days though.

Hey Keishashadow!
I grew up in PA and am always homesick for it, so I understand your mom completely!!

As for the Sheraton Vistana, we drove by it a couple times, and I think that is pretty accurate...about 15-20 minutes from DTD.
I just remember seeing it, didn't stop there.

We went to WL yesterday and they let us get a peek of the Concierge floor and our honeymoon suite, and I don't think I'll ever want a regular room again! :teeth: But unless I strike it rich, this will be my one and only vacation in Concierge!
I was told that they are changing the furniture out for lighter colored pine and the headboards will have a hidden mickey in them - that's all I was told. Anyway, it was mobbed there - and DTD was crazy - I couldn't even push the stroller through the store - so many ppl! ANd school's not even out yet - what's going on?!?!?!

Talk to you later - hope your Mom's Day was a good one!

Pa's nice for change of seasons & better yet (no alligators). Scary, assume current problems include gators becoming too familiar w/folks...feeding them?? & encroachment. If they haven't been taken off the endangered list, it may be time. Do remember hearing them growl (?) in the swamp behind the home we lived in near Tampa. Everytime one of the neighborhood pets went missing, they blamed it on the gators. Think the one family (sort of outdoorsy types) hunted them, know they ate snakes!!!! Did hear that's why they closed River County WP @ FW...way too OT here LOL

Do think the crowd levels will exceed any since 9/11 @ WDW this year. Hope late June will be manageable.

We've always avoided concierge, afraid to see how the other half lives! Know when we were trying to book CR @ AAA rate, CM quoted us a hospitality suite that was approx. $1,500 a night.:faint:

keishashadow said:
Pa's nice for change of seasons & better yet (no alligators). Scary,... It really is, but then there are the occasional shark attacks and the scariest thing about living in FL to me is heat sickness and skin cancer! I get both unfortunately and will eventually move out of here, hopefully back to PA. Disney is the only good thing about FL if ya ask me! ;)

Did hear that's why they closed River County WP @ FW...way too OT here

Ya know, I always wondered why they closed it, cuz I loved it there. But I have seen a few posts on this board lately about the gators over in the Disney resort ponds and lagoon by WL, so that must be the reason for its closing.

Hope late June will be manageable. I'm thinking it won't be, so just grin & bare it!

We've always avoided concierge, .... Why don't you guys come over one day to WL, and enjoy concierge with us! We check in up there on the 22nd, out on the 25th. Like come over for desserts and adult beverages in the evening or something! :thumbsup2
Tell me whatcha think.

I think late June will be fine :cool1:
I looked somewhere that someone pointed someone else for crowds and it seems that the crowd levels are what they always seem to be when we are there earlier in June. Yes, it's busy, but if you get there early and rest in the afternoon and hit another park in the evenings it's not bad. Eat at off times, etc. for the more crowded times, it will be fine. We always go in June. I can't wait!!!!!!! I'm over the no ap rates and I'm into the "I'm going to Disney World" phase :woohoo:

So I made most of my ADRs for our August trip. Could not get the Fantasmic dinner package the night I wanted and could only get lunch for Le Cellier. Other than that I got everything I wanted on the day and time wanted. Here is what I have so far:

Le Cellier
Hoop De Doo
Crystal Palace
Safari (Grand Gathering at AK)
1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Wispering Canyon
Spoodles
CRT
Sci Fi Drive in

Am I missing anything good that should be added or should I swap anything out? I feel like I am FINALLY getting on with it and enjoying this upcoming trip instead of it just being a bunch of stress. :crazy:

tripplanner2 said:
So I made most of my ADRs for our August trip. Could not get the Fantasmic dinner package the night I wanted and could only get lunch for Le Cellier. Other than that I got everything I wanted on the day and time wanted. Here is what I have so far:

Le Cellier
Hoop De Doo
Crystal Palace
Safari (Grand Gathering at AK)
1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Wispering Canyon
Spoodles
CRT
Sci Fi Drive in

Am I missing anything good that should be added or should I swap anything out? I feel like I am FINALLY getting on with it and enjoying this upcoming trip instead of it just being a bunch of stress. :crazy:

I'm thrilled that you have made these :cool1:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!
We are eating in many of the same places. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
We are eating at Donald's as DS says, "they have the best bacon and chocolate chip pancakes in the world." He loves that place and since he's turning 15 this summer, it makes me smile. I love my kids more than life itself, but I long for the babes that I once had. I love them today too, of course, but I miss the little tikes too. Ahh...the memories!!! Sorry, I lost myself there for a moment!!

We do Boma since we stay at AKL. Don't forget that Earl of Sandwich is good food and is counter service (I think...you're doing free dining right?) Casey's Corner for counter service. I saw something about better snacks too...research that one :)

We are going to try Kona and Beaches and Cream for new places.

Hi Guys :wave2:
Just popped over here to see how yu guys are doing! :goodvibes
I see TP2-you have been busy planning your ADR`s (love your choices, BTW)
EEyorelover22- we`re going to try Boma`s for breakfast, this year, before going to AK.First time for Breakfast, we had Dinner there, and also Jiko (excellent) !
Hope you all had a great MD, :thumbsup2

Since we`re going to be @ the BWV the first 2 days, instead of the YC, I`ve decided to leave our ADR~s for the YC Galley & Cape May Cafe in place. It`s just across the lake, and it`ll be a nice walk after dinner.

TP2- HDDR is great fun, my boys still remember the fun time they had, and that was long ago. I don`t know if the show is the same, but back then, we were given washboards to play as instruments after desert ( which was, I think, strawberry short cake).

Yes, we are on the dining plan. My DH keeps saying that we don't eat that much but I keep telling him it's not about the food but about the experience. :sunny: I am really getting excited now. I was thinking about the Donald breakfast at AK but was not sure if it was the best way to use our credits for the day. You have been going for awhile so I may add it tomorrow.

It is funny because my girls can really make me crazy at times with the crying and fighting but I can hear exactly what you are saying about missing the days of them being young. My oldest is in 1st grade and seems to never be home. I didn't think I would lose them so young but thats how it goes. I still have LOTS of time with them though. I spend tons of time with DD5 and DD2. My DH thinks I am crazy to want to go to WDW for the length of time we are going and to go back after we were just there last year. I keep reminding him that they won't be yound forever and we need to eat them up as much as we can now while they will let us. :love:

DS starts high school this fall. I only have 4 years left before he goes off to college (hopefully :thumbsup2 ) The time seems like seconds when I look at how fast the years have gone by. It makes me sad sometimes, but we have had a great "trip" :)

TOMAR@SSR said:
EEyorelover22- we`re going to try Boma`s for breakfast, this year, before going to AK.First time for Breakfast, we had Dinner there, and also Jiko (excellent) !

Since we`re going to be @ the BWV the first 2 days, instead of the YC, I`ve decided to leave our ADR~s for the YC Galley & Cape May Cafe in place. It`s just across the lake, and it`ll be a nice walk after dinner.

TP2- HDDR is great fun, my boys still remember the fun time they had, and that was long ago. I don`t know if the show is the same, but back then, we were given washboards to play as instruments after desert ( which was, I think, strawberry short cake).

I LOVE breakfast chow so I actually like Boma for breakfast better than dinner. It's yummy!!!! but, then again, the dinner desserts at Boma are pretty darn good too!!

I

TOMAR@SSR said:

When I worked I did a conference at the Yacht and Beach and the walk is beautiful and really goes fast. It is nice to HAVE to walk around sometimes because it is not always the choice you would make after visiting the parks. The grounds there are really wonderful. I would love to go back there again but we have a budget to keep. The saying here is you either have the time and not the money or the money and not the time. In our house we have the time and try to enjoy every second of it.
I am really excited about going to Hoop. I was there as a kid which was 23 years ago. I can't believe it was that long ago but I have to say I hardly remember it. I do remember the premise behind it but no details. I think my girls will have a ball.

I am really just so happy that I have gotten past the code watch and now I am finally planning and enjoying this upcoming trip. :goodvibes

oh yeah, those " Zebra Domes " are soooooo good! :cloud9:

We`re big Breakfast lovers too, and have heard soo much about Boma`s. Looking forward to it :goodvibes

I was reading your posts about how the children are growing soo fast, Yes, enjoy every second, before yu can Blink, thier grown, and starting families of thier own ! The Boys are with us for alot of Sunday Dinners, and all of the Holidays, so I feel so Blessed that I can keep my family together that way.
And, of course on our trips to my favorite Place in the World...... WDW!! ;)

TP2- Yes, it certainly feels better to be doing the FUN things of planning rather than watching and waiting everyday. My DH really thought I was starting to loose it, and kept telling me to forget about the AP, and call member services to see for the 2 days. Thank goodness I did ;)
Believe me, I can relate to keeping the budget too ! When the boys were young, we mostly were at the Mods, (values didn`t exist yet) and the times we were at the GF, my DH had Employees Conventions, each time. I was fortunate to accompany him, and even took the boys :thumbsup2
For a long time we kept putting off buying into DVC,(the boys schooling, graduations, weddings), but when our youngest DS got married, in `03, DH and I Bought in, as a "gift to Ourselves" :cloud9:
Soooo, now we look forward to taking our "Grandchildren" (when they arrive), someday :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter