Just booked a Disney cruise

Matt's reports have been great as always - and in such detail; a delight to read :thumbsup2

Next years WBTA is, as you mention, not nearly so attractive, but I see there is still the possibility of another Disney cruise next August for you all. I'm guessing you are on your way back home today, so I hope you have a comfortable and easy journey :goodvibes

Matt's reports have been great as always - and in such detail; a delight to read :thumbsup2

Next years WBTA is, as you mention, not nearly so attractive, but I see there is still the possibility of another Disney cruise next August for you all. I'm guessing you are on your way back home today, so I hope you have a comfortable and easy journey :goodvibes

He is struggling to catch up, we have been so busy. When we land he is straight back to Uni for Freshers week so he is not going to have a lot of time this next week.
Yes booked a cruise for next Aug but too many things to consider just now to know if we will keep it. Main thing is Matt has been offered a 1 year job in Ghana, working for the Uni. He has to decide if he wants that or continue with a Masters.

He is struggling to catch up, we have been so busy. When we land he is straight back to Uni for Freshers week so he is not going to have a lot of time this next week. Yes booked a cruise for next Aug but too many things to consider just now to know if we will keep it. Main thing is Matt has been offered a 1 year job in Ghana, working for the Uni. He has to decide if he wants that or continue with a Masters.

Definitely take the year out. It's many years since I did my BA and masters but taking a year out inbetween was a good move.

He is struggling to catch up, we have been so busy. When we land he is straight back to Uni for Freshers week so he is not going to have a lot of time this next week.
Yes booked a cruise for next Aug but too many things to consider just now to know if we will keep it. Main thing is Matt has been offered a 1 year job in Ghana, working for the Uni. He has to decide if he wants that or continue with a Masters.

What dates are you cruising next August? We just booked 4 nights on the Dream for the August 17th Sailing. Planning on almost 3 weeks of Disney next year. :goodvibes

What dates are you cruising next August? We just booked 4 nights on the Dream for the August 17th Sailing. Planning on almost 3 weeks of Disney next year. :goodvibes

We have booked August 22nd, 7 nights on the Fantasy. :goodvibes

We miss you by a day! We plant to go to AKV after our cruise until the 30th. We fly out on the 11th not sure where our pre cruise stay will be, hoping to tryout GFV but not sure we will get availability at the DVC 7 month window. It's a great feeling having to start the planning again.

We miss you by a day! We plant to go to AKV after our cruise until the 30th. We fly out on the 11th not sure where our pre cruise stay will be, hoping to tryout GFV but not sure we will get availability at the DVC 7 month window. It's a great feeling having to start the planning again.

If things stay as they are now the cruise will be right at the end of our trip, Karen has booked 5th-31st August off work. We would have to get off the ship and straight to the airport on the 30th.

Trying to stay awake with coffee now. Managed to get Matt on the train to Uni, no idea how will manage Freshers week with jet lag. He has to stay awake til 5pm today for a meeting.

Good to have you back.

Was strange not having a live trip report but Matt did well to catch up with his blog :)

how will you manage 'only' 7 days after 14??

is the fantasy cruise the eastern or western caribbean? though as far as i'm concerned, any cruise to anywhere would be great!! even a cruise to nowhere :)

we've started saving for a big trip for everyone in 2016, but it will only be WDW - no way can we also afford a cruise for everyone since the group is expanding...
it'll be the original 4 (how we always refer to ourselves), plus the two kids' spouses, plus the one current kidlet (who by then, will require an air ticket) and any future kidlets...

we've switched all our credit cards to fly cards, not that it does all that much, but every little bit helps....
i've begun researching cheaper accommodations - i know it's early, but i want to be armed with knowledge..

it was all easy when it was the original 4 - it gets expensive as the family grows from one family to three!!! hopefully, we can avoid going during peak airfares (i can't see being able to do it at summer prices)...
we picked 2016 because DDIL will be on her sabbatical that year so we won't have to go during school holidays...
of course, who knows what DS will be doing then. He's in university now (engineering) - he'll be out and about by then - so who knows...(and with the suck-the-life-out-of-you hours typical of high tech companies, it's really hard to know)...

but planning is good for the soul...

It was Sept (6th-20th) he was supposed to be correcting the error yesterday but we didn't get to bed until 2am due to MNSSHP. If he hasn't corrected it yet he will today.

This years was a very good itinerary for a transatlantic crossing, next years is not as good, it will be only 11 days with 9 at sea, half a day in Madeira and a day at Castaway Cay.

Hi

It is my first times WBTA after had 4 times with Disney Cruise and I enjoyed it and had a lovely weather and fab times...

Not doing next year cruise *** moved to new house few days before this cruise...

I would love to do it again hopeful in future

Noticed that next year transatlantic crossing is not good hopeful better for another times.

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Hi

It is my first times WBTA after had 4 times with Disney Cruise and I enjoyed it and had a lovely weather and fab times...

Not doing next year cruise *** moved to new house few days before this cruise...

I would love to do it again hopeful in future

Noticed that next year transatlantic crossing is not good hopeful better for another times.

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

The weather could not have been better. I saw rain thru the window late one evening, apart from that the worst we saw was a strong wind while passing Gibraltar. Rest of the time perfect.

The weather could not have been better. I saw rain thru the window late one evening, apart from that the worst we saw was a strong wind while passing Gibraltar. Rest of the time perfect.

Ah yes, I remember that one evening was shivering and I realised I don't have sweater with me but I bring scrawl with me and some rains at St Marteen while we back on the ship...

Scottishwee35

Ah yes, I remember that one evening was shivering and I realised I don't have sweater with me but I bring scrawl with me and some rains at St Marteen while we back on the ship...

Scottishwee35

I don't usually print photos but couldn't resist this one I took at Maho beach, St Maarten, we had an amazing afternoon there.:goodvibes

Hi Wayne,

Glad to see you enjoyed the cruise! We loved it!

I saw you guys a few times but never at a good moment to come and say hi.
Matt's blog pics are great. I was out running when you guys were taking pics of the fish (looking like a human lobster :) )

I've just had a look and we are in the back of one of the pirate night pics on the blog :)

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already since we left the Magic behind in Puerto Rico. Hope you had a good trip to Florida afterwards? I've had some friends on the cruise this week and the pics have made me so jealous! We are definitely planning to do another cruise, probably in 2016 if the itineraries look good.

Thanks for all the help and advice before we went, it was really useful as there's so many things you wouldn't know as a first timer. We are however now hooked and really loved the sea days. I was so nervous that we would hate them and I would be running round in circles with cabin fever however you can't be bored!! And we were so lucky with the weather, it was a perfect opportunity to really relax for once!

Hi Wayne,

Glad to see you enjoyed the cruise! We loved it!

I saw you guys a few times but never at a good moment to come and say hi.
Matt's blog pics are great. I was out running when you guys were taking pics of the fish (looking like a human lobster :) )

I've just had a look and we are in the back of one of the pirate night pics on the blog :)

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already since we left the Magic behind in Puerto Rico. Hope you had a good trip to Florida afterwards? I've had some friends on the cruise this week and the pics have made me so jealous! We are definitely planning to do another cruise, probably in 2016 if the itineraries look good.

Thanks for all the help and advice before we went, it was really useful as there's so many things you wouldn't know as a first timer. We are however now hooked and really loved the sea days. I was so nervous that we would hate them and I would be running round in circles with cabin fever however you can't be bored!! And we were so lucky with the weather, it was a perfect opportunity to really relax for once!

There is never a bad time to say hello:goodvibes
I saw 2 or 3 people running that day we were taking pics of the flying fish.

So glad you had a good time, even though we have done so many cruises we were not sure about 5 sea days in a row but they sailed by(pun intended):rotfl:

Enjoy planning your next cruise:thumbsup2

Matt was right underneath the plane taking video:scared1: I will try remember to post the link when he eventually uploads it to YouTube.

i'd love to see it!!..

i had planned on going to maho beach when we were there, but we ended up going on a catamaran sail and snorkeling off the catamaran....it was really fun, but by the time we got back, there wasn't time to get to the beach..
we did have planes go right over us both on the sail out and the sail back...and that was cool...but nothing like what you got to experience at the beach...

oh well, maybe next time...but we did have fun on the catamaran, so it's ok...so much to do, so little time :)

If things stay as they are now the cruise will be right at the end of our trip, Karen has booked 5th-31st August off work. We would have to get off the ship and straight to the airport on the 30th. .

The cruise finishes on the 29th mate, at least I hope it does or I've been looking at the wrong flight dates ;)

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter