• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just booked a Disney cruise

See you on board Wayne, your day sounds just like ours, although we didn't need to get up until 4 am. We went to Park Guell for a few hours , now after a quick siesta on way out for something to eat too.:thumbsup2

16 months since I started this thread. The cruise is eventually here.
We flew down to Barcelona this morning, 3am start so we are shattered now. Plane delayed about 90 mins due to fog.
So far checked into hotel, had a walk around the port area and now back at hotel cooling off. Soon we will walk the opposite way up La Ramblas to find some vodka, a bite to eat then an early night.
Board the Disney Magic tomorrow for 14 nights. Unfortunately no live TR, internet onboard costs $90/gb.

Have a great trip.

Love Barcelona so enjoy La Ramblas :goodvibes

Have a great time all of you and I trust the Atlantic will be like glass. Booked on the Magic myself next January and so I've more of in interest than previously.

Yet again, I'll be with you in spirit :)

I am sure Matt will cover it all in his Blog.:goodvibes

See you on board Wayne, your day sounds just like ours, although we didn't need to get up until 4 am. We went to Park Guell for a few hours , now after a quick siesta on way out for something to eat too.:thumbsup2

We have been for a long walk, drinking sangria, eating tapas, ice creams, plus more(decided to nibble rather than have a meal) and taking lots of photos.
Say hello if you see us around, I have not joined up to anything on DIS or Dibb this time, just going to relax for 2 weeks. You will possibly find us in the Promenade lounge in the evening having a quiet drink.

My favourite ever Dis sentence. Thank you for making me giggle out loud after a particularly rubbish day at work :)

Have a nice trip.

Ended up with 3 bottles, Kurrent, Rasberri & Mango :goodvibes

NO LIVE TRIP REPORT???????????????????????????????????

how will i survive???????????????????????????????????????

i just realised that today is the day!!
i haven't been on the boards for a week or maybe more, but in my email just now i got my 'disney cruise price drops' email and opened it to look for the transatlantic when suddenly i thought..."hey....it's sept...it's here...Wayne must be sailing away"..

and so i popped in here...
is there a webcam in barcelona to watch your sailaway??

i am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous....sooooooooooo jealous...jealous jealous jealous.....

did i mention that i'm jealous?

what a fantastic cruise you're about to embark on.....i wish i could be going with you all....

have a super fantastic magical time!!!!!!!

I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasberri vodka. Score :)

Mango is my fave but I only have 1L of it so then onto the Raspberri:goodvibes
No idea if 3L will be enough or too much, we will find out over the next 14 nights :thumbsup2

No idea about webcam Beth, never looked for one.

Have a fantastic cruise. I'll look forward to hearing all about it :)

Enjoy, Wayne, Karen and Matt! xx My SIL was booked on this cruise and then had a change of plan. She arrived Orlando late Thurs and we met up for lunch in BOG. She is driving down to Cape Canaveral to pick up a different cruise today xx :)

the only working webcam i could find was this one:
http://www.cruisin.me/cruisecams/ports/europe/barcelona_spain.php

and i looked at it too late to catch sight of the ship (assuming it even comes into view on that one)..

but i did see on your ship on the tracker, headed for malaga..

have a wonderful time!!!

one of these years i'll manage to get myself onto a transatlantic cruise..

and if you're not taking us along in a live report, at the very least take lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures to share with us (and every jealous bone in our bodies) when you get back :)

oh......and don't forget to do the marvel experience on board..

oh dear...i should have mentioned it earlier....i don't know if you'll see this post..

the magic is the ONLY ship that has it....so we must have pictures of you doing it...doing the marvel experience that is....pictures with Thor i think it is...

enjoy!!!
and in the accent of that guy in alien encounters, "bon voyage"!!!!!

so i've been following Wayne, Karen and Matt's cruise (and yes, i'm still jealous).
Anyway, the ship is about to arrive in Antigua, their first destination after crossing the big blue sea (well, actually after crossing the Atlantic Ocean).

I don't know if i'll be able to see them on the port cam. If i can, i'll post the link so everyone else can be green with envy along with me ;)

ok, let's see if i remember how to post a picture...

here's the Disney Magic, just arrived at Antigua after crossing the Atlantic. Isn't she gorgeous!!!!

here's a series of screenshots from the webcam as she arrived in port (yes i was watching for her - waiting for her to get to port!!):

Looking forward to hearing about the transatlantic part of your cruise, we're a little apprehensive and hoping for a smooth sail in 6 weeks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter