• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kobe Bryant --TMZ Reports He Died In Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am sorry for the other deaths. I don’t get the adulation for this accused rapist who sodomized that woman in Colorado and got away with criminal charges. He then paid her off in the civil suit to silence her.

in the era of MeToo, his actions were deplorable and the adulation for this man make me sick. To think he ever fathered children and daughters no less after what he got away with sickens me.

Good riddance. No matter how many things he did, he was and always will be a rapist whether charged or convicted or not!
And there it is...I was waiting for that one person who couldn't help themselves.

Well whatever he may have or may not have done, his death left 3 small children fatherless. And a wife alone to cope with losing the father of her kids AND her daughter. That is sad...period. The man is dead and cannot defend himself. Let it go and just be sad for the awful terrible situation.
And Harvey Weinstein has 5 small children. I won't be sad when that vile human being dies nor am I sad that Kobe Bryant is no more. He was a vile human being and no matter if he turned his life around or fathered children and the world is a better place without him in it.

While I am sorry for the other deaths. I don’t get the adulation for this accused rapist who sodomized that woman in Colorado and got away with criminal charges. He then paid her off in the civil suit to silence her.

in the era of MeToo, his actions were deplorable and the adulation for this man make me sick. To think he ever fathered children and daughters no less after what he got away with sickens me.

Good riddance. No matter how many things he did, he was and always will be a rapist whether charged or convicted or not!

The criminal case was dropped and she had to agree to be paid off.
That was 17 years ago, plenty of time for a person to change and do good in their life.

I remember reading about it, and I don’t hold him to a higher or a lower standard because of who he is. I make zero excuses, I myself was once involved with an athlete in my younger days, and it was not pretty, nor is it a pretty story.

Having said that, this tragedy broke me as a parent to an angel, and a parent to a son here with me On earth, not just because of Kobe‘s wife, but for everyone who has family involved in that awful crash.

We think, and we should outlive our children, we live for them, we carve and dream out their lives, this Reminds us how precious life really is, how it all can just be stolen. Vanessa Bryant, and other parents lost their children, not just that day, but every day for the rest of their lives. Other children lost parents . Why not Focus on loving our families, and each other a little more, instead of that.

Last edited:

Nothing about what he has done washes away what a scumbag he was. For every victim that comes forward there are so many more who stay silent. Read the history of his actions and the actions of his attorneys.

He was just a vile human being that should have been castrated and never allowed to father more children. The praise is just gross and disgusting.

I am not a basketball fan. I have never watched a game in my life. I have no idea why I’m taking his death so hard. Maybe it’s because he was so young? Because he really was the GOAT? Maybe because his daughter was with him? He died just being a dad. I can only imagine, right before they crashed, Kobe holding on to his daughter saying “daddy has you and I’m not gonna let anything hurt you.” He just struck me as a person that would keep calm, even if he knew what was about to happen. As a parent, the strength it took...I just...idk. I’m just having a hard time with it, and since this is the only form of social media I use, I thought I’d post my thoughts here.

I hope his wife, Gianna’s mother, finds strength and peace 💔

The copter was traveling at 176mph when it crashed into the hillside. The pilot had had normal communications with air traffic control seconds before it disappeared off radar. No one onboard had any idea what was about to happen. It seems pretty clear that they literally didn't see the mountain before hitting it. And thank goodness for that.

Nothing about what he has done washes away what a scumbag he was. For every victim that comes forward there are so many more who stay silent. Read the history of his actions and the actions of his attorneys.

He was just a vile human being that should have been castrated and never allowed to father more children. The praise is just gross and disgusting.

Although I don't agree that he was completely vile and should have been castrated, you have your right to have your own opinion.

Just as those who liked him and saw his work ethic, talent, and impactful (but very quiet) charitable actions he did have a right to theirs.

Personally, I have very conflicting thoughts on him. I wasn't a huge fan when he was in the NBA. I remember when he gave Vanessa that huge rock ... as if that erased his horrific behavior. Uh, no! However, I also saw a man who tried to change to become a better human being (and I'll admit, I didn't buy it.) After he retired from the NBA, I started seeing him on several interview circuits. And shockingly, my opinion started to sway. I saw him in a new light, as a caring father and giving person. And I believe that maybe he had saw the errors of his ways, and changed. My true hope was that he became the epitome of a good role model for his daughters. Did he accomplish that? I don't know, that is for God to decide. But from all the things I keep hearing, I don't feel he was pure evil. I remember his past, but acknowledge the present and the good things he did as well.

Everyone has a right to express their thoughts. If you don't like hearing the praise, understandable. But realize it likely won't stop, because some people do not see him the same way you do.

Early parent loss is hard. Losing a sibling is hard. And then add on this:
His surviving daughters will hear and read the good, the bad and the very ugly about their dad for the rest of their lives.
Kobe is gone. My heart is with those girls.

Well whatever he may have or may not have done, his death left 3 small children fatherless. And a wife alone to cope with losing the father of her kids AND her daughter. That is sad...period. The man is dead and cannot defend himself. Let it go and just be sad for the awful terrible situation.

It is hurtful to survivors to be told to let it go and move on. Don't minimize their experience or feelings.
Many people have confused feelings when it comes to Kobe.
One can feel both sad for his family devastated that his daughter, a young women with her whole life in front of her, was lost too. While also having room to recognize who awful the hero worship will feel to his victim.
Just because someone has died does not mean that we have to only remember their good, you think when Bill Clinton dies his impeachment won't be part of his obituary?

And Harvey Weinstein has 5 small children. I won't be sad when that vile human being dies nor am I sad that Kobe Bryant is no more. He was a vile human being and no matter if he turned his life around or fathered children and the world is a better place without him in it.
Who hurt you? Who put you in charge of who makes the world a better place??? Jesus. You need help. Bigger issues in life.

He did more good in the world then he did bad. He will be judged by one person and that person is not on social media. Get over yourselves saying he got what he deserved. A woman lost her husband and babies lost their father. Keep your ****ty opinions to yourselves.

I am not a basketball fan nor a Kobe Bryant fan. I do think that a tragedy occurred and took the lives of 9 people. and part of that tragedy was losing an extremely talented player that many, many people did idolize. And NONE of us get to decide who someone should or should not idolize.

But are we seriously now resorting to saying that someone is guilty from an accusation? If you were not in that room with Kobe and the girl in question, you have no possible way of knowing if she consented or not. He was ACCUSED of rape. Whether he was guilty or not, we will probably never know for sure. But to state that someone is 100% guilty from an accusation is wrong.

It is hurtful to survivors to be told to let it go and move on. Don't minimize their experience or feelings.
Many people have confused feelings when it comes to Kobe.
One can feel both sad for his family devastated that his daughter, a young women with her whole life in front of her, was lost too. While also having room to recognize who awful the hero worship will feel to his victim.
Just because someone has died does not mean that we have to only remember their good, you think when Bill Clinton dies his impeachment won't be part of his obituary?
So avengerspoiler was a victim of Kobe? Whom I told to let it go? I was telling @avengerspoilerer, here on Disboards, to let it go.

I am not a basketball fan nor a Kobe Bryant fan. I do think that a tragedy occured and took the lives of 9 people.

But are we seriously now resorting to saying that someone is guilty from an accusation? If you were not in that room with Kobe and the girl in question, you have no possible way of knowing if she consented or not. He was ACCUSED of rape. Whether he was guilty or not, we will probably never know for sure. But to state that someone is 100% guilty from an accusation is wrong.
I agree.

And he is no longer here to be able to defend himself. Just feels wrong to be bringing all this up in this thread. His wife and eldest daughter could be reading this.

He did more good in the world then he did bad. He will be judged by one person and that person is not on social media. Get over yourselves saying he got what he deserved. A woman lost her husband and babies lost their father. Keep your ****ty opinions to yourselves.
Everyone has a right to judge him for his actions.
He should have been judged by a jury of his peers....
Did he do more good than bad? Maybe for you, maybe not to other people.

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean we can't discuss it. This is a discussion board where people talk about their differing opinions.

I agree.

And he is no longer here to be able to defend himself. Just feels wrong to be bringing all this up in this thread. His wife and eldest daughter could be reading this.

His wife knew the person he was when she accepted that ring.. his daughters will learn.. this isn't the only place on the internet talking about him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter