• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kobe Bryant --TMZ Reports He Died In Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a right to judge him for his actions.
He should have been judged by a jury of his peers....
Did he do more good than bad? Maybe for you, maybe not to other people.
No one but his alleged victim can do that. Don’t act like you know anything about it.

So avengerspoiler was a victim of Kobe? Whom I told to let it go? I was telling @avengerspoilerer, here on Disboards, to let it go.
Probably not. Doesnt mean they arent an assault survivor.
How we treat rapists as a whole has an impact on survivors. When we are saying "oh well he was good at basketball so let's just let go of the fact he raped someone" it sends a real message both to victims and to young men, that rape isnt actually that bad.

I agree.

And he is no longer here to be able to defend himself. Just feels wrong to be bringing all this up in this thread. His wife and eldest daughter could be reading this.
Hitler also is dead, he cant defend himself so should we not talk about the horrible things he did ever?
Not remotely comparing Kobe to Hitler but the point that once they are dead anything bad done is off limits because they can't defend themselves.

I agree.

And he is no longer here to be able to defend himself. Just feels wrong to be bringing all this up in this thread. His wife and eldest daughter could be reading this.
Good I hope they are reminded that some people deserve hero worship, certainly not Kobe!

When you read the account and why the accuser decided not to testify after the death threats, read the statement this adulterer made, knowing you don’t settle with a victim in a civil case when you are innocent.

Vile loathsome scumbag. I only hope his daughters never ever are violated the way he did that woman and probably others who were too afraid to come out!

While I am sorry for the other deaths. I don’t get the adulation for this accused rapist who sodomized that woman in Colorado and got away with criminal charges. He then paid her off in the civil suit to silence her.

in the era of MeToo, his actions were deplorable and the adulation for this man make me sick. To think he ever fathered children and daughters no less after what he got away with sickens me.

Good riddance. No matter how many things he did, he was and always will be a rapist whether charged or convicted or not!
Keyword in this garbage post is “accused”. Your opinion on it makes me sick :sad2:

How we treat rapists as a whole has an impact on survivors. When we are saying "oh well he was good at basketball so let's just let go of the fact he raped someone" it sends a real message both to victims and to young men, that rape isnt actually that bad.

Hitler also is dead, he cant defend himself so should we not talk about the horrible things he did ever?
Not remotely comparing Kobe to Hitler but the point that once they are dead anything bad done is off limits because they can't defend themselves.

There is a slight difference there. We know without any doubt that Hitler did the things he was accused of. Kobe was never tried and never found guilty.

I don't think any victim should ever have to just "get over it". But otoh, I don't think every accusation is a case of the accused being guilty.

You are comparing and it's ridiculous. Honestly, the Hitler comparison, in general, is over done.
I am a survivor myself, and my abuser is dead, and I still am logical enough to get what I was saying in my post. That it had zero to do with rape victims 'just letting it go'.
I give my condolences to the victims of the helicopter crash and am out of this thread. It's jumped the shark!

Good I hope they are reminded that some people deserve hero worship, certainly not Kobe!

When you read the account and why the accuser decided not to testify after the death threats, read the statement this adulterer made, knowing you don’t settle with a victim in a civil case when you are innocent.

Vile loathsome scumbag. I only hope his daughters never ever are violated the way he did that woman and probably others who were too afraid to come out!

That is NOT the only reason a person settles in a civil case. That statement is laughable. You do realize that he could have settled to protect her from having to go through the trail? He wrote a letter but he never admitted guilt to rape. He said that maybe he was mistaken about her consent and maybe he was. The fact of the matter is neither you nor I know.

And by the way, being an adulterer doesn't make him half the stuff you are saying.

yes. Isn’t that how it works? Why does it matter so much to you that he’s vilified for his actions?! Did you even know what team he was on?? You know what don’t even answer me. You’re not worth the time
That is very presumptuous of you, I have never been a Lakers fan. Kobe as a player while extraordinarily gifted was also selfish and arrogant, he got away with it because he produced results.
I do appreciate him being a loyal franchise member, I don't think enough players are these days while chasing the ring (looking at you LeBron).
I don't think he need to be vilified, but I don't think he should necessarily be hero worshipped either.
I certainly thing his life as a total is open for people to discuss and that we should not be telling people to let it go that he raped someone.
When OJ dies will we let it go that he murdered someone? I mean he wasnt found guilty....

There is a slight difference there. We know without any doubt that Hitler did the things he was accused of. Kobe was never tried and never found guilty.

I don't think any victim should ever have to just "get over it". But otoh, I don't think every accusation is a case of the accused being guilty.
He chose not to be tried by buying off his accuser.
If he was truly innocent he could have cleared his name.

You are comparing and it's ridiculous. Honestly, the Hitler comparison, in general, is over done.
I am a survivor myself, and my abuser is dead, and I still am logical enough to get what I was saying in my post. That it had zero to do with rape victims 'just letting it go'.
I give my condolences to the victims of the helicopter crash and am out of this thread. It's jumped the shark!
No it was @Flowers12 telling posters to let it go.
As I said I was not comparing Kobe to Hitler. But the point that once someone is.dead nothing bad can be said about them regardless of what they have done.

Again let's take someone who is alive and on trial. Because Harvey Weinstein made some movies people love, should we just excuse his offenses? He has young children too. I guess he will get a pass from some people when that evil man is no more. Let's give him and Kevin Spacey a pass as well.

We each owe a life. There are no exceptions. And Kobe, no matter what you think he has done, or left undone as the case may be has paid that which he owed. He's square with the house again.
Several other people are dead. Can you bring them back? If the answer is no don't be so quick to condemn. Your views are not so compelling and so righteous that everyone just must read them upon Kobe's death. After all, if they truly were that compelling why did you not choose to tell us the day before he died? As such is it really too much to ask to show a little class and refrain from throwing shade for a couple of days? 48 hours? Is it really too much to ask that for a day or two that if you don't have a kind word to offer then just keep your mouth shut? I think not.

That is very presumptuous of you, I have never been a Lakers fan. Kobe as a player while extraordinarily gifted was also selfish and arrogant, he got away with it because he produced results.
I do appreciate him being a loyal franchise member, I don't think enough players are these days while chasing the ring (looking at you LeBron).
I don't think he need to be vilified, but I don't think he should necessarily be hero worshipped either.
I certainly thing his life as a total is open for people to discuss and that we should not be telling people to let it go that he raped someone.
When OJ dies will we let it go that he murdered someone? I mean he wasnt found guilty....

He chose not to be tried by buying off his accuser.
If he was truly innocent he could have cleared his name.

Uhmmm. No. The case was dropped because she refused to testify. They settled the civil case out of court later. He did not pay her first. In the letter he wrote, he mentions the civil case and that it was upcoming. At that point he had not settled with her.

After all, if they truly were that compelling why did you not choose to tell us the day before he died? As such is it really too much to ask to show a little class and refrain from throwing shade for a couple of days? 48 hours? I think not.
If Kobe was truly so wonderful, could people have this wonderful thoughts about him the day before he died. I am commenting on the hero worship of this disgusting human who is now worm food. It is classless that people are in such awe of him.

Again let's take someone who is alive and on trial. Because Harvey Weinstein made some movies people love, should we just excuse his offenses? He has young children too. I guess he will get a pass from some people when that evil man is no more. Let's give him and Kevin Spacey a pass as well.

Apparently the mere mention of Kobe's name upsets you greatly. May I suggest you take a few days off from social media, the news, etc.? You really need to take a step back and not let it upset you so much.

He was accused ONCE, 14 years ago and never again. Just a tad different than others you keep bringing up, don't you think?

Nah as long as there is this continued hero worship and adulation, I think I will keep giving the other side of the case about this waste of human life now dead thankfully!

Nah as long as there is this continued hero worship and adulation, I think I will keep giving the other side of the case about this waste of human life now dead thankfully!

You know, you are really a fine one to be calling anyone "classless". Because what you are doing is the very definition. To be thankful that a human being and his daughter are now dead is just evil in of itself.

Unless you are the girl in the case, you have absolutely NO first hand knowledge of what did or did not happen. It ended in "he said/she said". A person in this country is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Or do you not believe in the laws of the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter