Last one to post........... Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it's funny you mentioned it-but one year we had to replace a huge drainage pipe that leads out of the house and into the septic tank and guess what they found blocking it-cooking grease-yuck :scared: and disgusting,who would ever dump/drain their cooking grease down the drain-we use old coffe cans

ckckc2000 said:
:thumbsup2 that's it-we found that out when we had a blockage no one could roto-rooter out(snake)
the septic is still intact,although the drainage-like the neighbors has failed

and can you believe when they connected the holding tank to the septic they put a 90 degree bend in the drainage pipe-we had the blockage discovered there and they placed an access pipe for when it happens again
Here, any bend before the septic tank requires a cleanout or access pipe...since before the tank you have solids...after the tank, in theory, there should only be liquids and so bends are allowed without a cleanout.

Now, the part about your neighbor is very disgusting :sad2: have you ever seen a smokestack on a slightly windy day...and the cloud of smoke starts out small at the smokestack and then gets wider and wider the farther away from the smokestack it gets....air is a fluid and so something similar to this is what is happening under the ground...when your neighbor's junk gets absorbed into the ground...it is sort of like a starting contanimination point and it might be flowing into the groundwater table (if it is close to it) and then it spreads out and seeps into the environment. Then, when you have a bunch of wells pumping water out, that suction is pulling the junk toward the wells and widening how far it travels...just my theory based upon no knowledge, no data and no testing :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
But, in any case, I wouldn't drink from the well unless you tested your water. We have a filter on our water, but I think overall it is somewhat clean, it comes from the County system :rolleyes:

But, there were studies done at one of our beaches...where many condo have really large cesspools...so the waste goes directly into the ground and they found that some of the male fish were becoming femine...too much estrogen in the water :eek: so, I don't take my kids swimming there anymore :rolleyes1 Almost a year ago, the EPA changed its rules so those large capacity cesspools have to be removed and septics installed.

ckckc2000 said:
and you know-the neighbors yard only floods when she does a ton of wash :scratchin
I have a lame joke, that I think is funny.....

whenever a friend talks about fooling around, I say, "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is becuase the cesspool is overflowing" :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

ckckc2000 said:
and it's funny you mentioned it-but one year we had to replace a huge drainage pipe that leads out of the house and into the septic tank and guess what they found blocking it-cooking grease-yuck :scared: and disgusting,who would ever dump/drain their cooking grease down the drain-we use old coffe cans
my Sister :sad2: they put all sorts of food and stuff in there...when I was helping her with her new home, I factored that in :rolleyes1

we've had our water tested when we moved in- and it better not be contaminated now-although we do use a water filter for our drinking water and we have a softner hooked in line too-it's down hill from our wells and I'm pretty sure close to a 1000ft away from our well

but it is a disgusting thing they're doing to the environment :guilty:

Lyn5 said:
I have a lame joke, that I think is funny.....

whenever a friend talks about fooling around, I say, "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is becuase the cesspool is overflowing" :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:
it is cute!!! I've actually heard a similar saying!!! :rotfl:

the 90 degree bend is after the septic tank-so it should be legal-good to know!!! and it makes sense too,since it should be mostly water!!!

Lyn5 said:
my Sister :sad2: they put all sorts of food and stuff in there...when I was helping her with her new home, I factored that in :rolleyes1
it's just wrong what some peole dump down their drains :guilty:

ckckc2000 said:
the 90 degree bend is after the septic tank-so it should be legal-good to know!!! and it makes sense too,since it should be mostly water!!!
well, I don't know what is legal there :confused3 but here it would be :sunny:

Lyn5 said:
well, I don't know what is legal there :confused3 but here it would be :sunny:
I bet it is here too-but the guy said it wasn't

but if the septic tank is still intact that makes perfect sense,now if it was only a holding tank-then no, a bend like that wouldn't make any sense

either way there's now a vent pipe in place to access it if it happens again

ckckc2000 said:
it's just wrong what some peole dump down their drains :guilty:
I am somewhat bad myself :blush: I use 409, Pinesole, Tide :blush: but, we are very far from the water table...it is probable over a thousand feet down since we are on the side of the mountain and the nearest well is more than a mile away...and that sucker is deep... We put in a system larger than we need to when we did our home ...thank goodness since some weekend I do a ton of laundary...plus I have a dishwasher :blush:

ckckc2000 said:
I bet it is here too-but the guy said it wasn't

but if the septic tank is still intact that makes perfect sense,now if it was only a holding tank-then no, a bend like that wouldn't make any sense

either way there's now a vent pipe in place to access it if it happens again
I think it is great you have the cleanout already in....easier for the system to be maintained and it doesn't hurt anything to have it there :thumbsup2

I was just thinking...Kayla is going to wake up, read our postings and think we are :crazy: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing about Kayla :rotfl:

-the only reason we have a clean out pipe in place is because it got blocked and it was -30 degrees out they had to bring in a backhoe and dig up the frozen ground-it was a real mess

but it should help in the sale of the house-easy access for whenever it happens again-that was also when the kids where little and put lots of things that didn't belong down the tiolet!!! :rolleyes:

ckckc2000 said:
I was thinking the same thing about Kayla :rotfl:

-the only reason we have a clean out pipe in place is because it got blocked and it was -30 degrees out they had to bring in a backhoe and dig up the frozen ground-it was a real mess
yuck, that would be a mess...I bet the system must have had steam coming out too :crazy:

Lyn5 said:
yuck, that would be a mess...I bet the system must have had steam coming out too :crazy:
it did-it was embrassing to have them come dig out the blockage-I think they found a couple toys in the blockage too-but most of it was pushed thru to the holding tank

and I bet you know what the little white mice are :blush: ?? that was really embrassing and will never happen again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter