• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

Ohh love them but I am an 80s baby soo I've this theme. My major issue is that I am flying in on friday... so we shall see what I have available for mw to buy. Hopefully somethings will still be there for my first marathon.

If you find something you MUST HAVE, please DM me. I have early Club rD access and would be happy to pick up a few things to deliver at the HH meetup. (This goes for anyone else coming in late, but I'll probably need to limit it somewhat so I'm not shopping for the whole board. ;) )

Ohh love them but I am an 80s baby soo I've this theme. My major issue is that I am flying in on friday... so we shall see what I have available for mw to buy. Hopefully somethings will still be there for my first marathon.
I’m in the same boat! I’m hoping they put at least some of the jackets aside for the last day of the expo since it’s my first marathon, but I’m not holding my breath. Worst case scenario, I’ll have more money for post-race beverages and desserts!

I am as GenX as it gets, so I have to admit some of this merch does appeal to me. (Minus the "I did it" on everything, I could live without that). Of course back in November I practically had to sell my blood to cover the costs of all the NYCM merch I bought. I will have to be careful how much I spend if I don't want to have to sleep in the hallway at Wilderness Lodge!

I know I will keep purchases to items that do not say "I did it", costs will stay low and my wife won't kill me...

Last edited:
I like the white sweatshirt. I’m unsure on the colors of the other things. The colored sleeves I’m not thrilled with.

I have early Club rD access and would be happy to pick up a few things to deliver at the HH meetup.
Same, though I’ll be working during the HH. Staying at Pop if that helps anybody. Also happy to log someone into the VQ from their account if the 45 miles part is a stress, dining fairy style I guess? I’ve never done any kind of reservation in the app past dining, so I guess I need to read up before my first Genie+ purchase when my mom is there on Monday.

I've always hit the expo on Saturday afternoon in the past, and it has been bleak by the time I get there. But I fly in Wednesday this year, so maybe I'll swing by earlier and try to snag a shirt or jacket.

Count me among those who find this gear rad, gnarly, tight, sick, and all manner of cowabunga.

Last edited:
Not crazy about the merch so far, but I don’t hate it. I love the colors on the black men’s jacket, I wish the women’s cut was also black. I’ll probably buy the men’s if it’s still available when I get there. Nothing else really appeals to me, but I do know I’ll buy something for Dopey.

I anticipate based on everything being so heavily 90s themed that I would probably not care for most of it. So I was right on that front.

I hope Chip and Dale are on the back of the I did it 10K shirt, but even that may not be enough to convince me. Oh well. Happy for those who love the merchandise and I hope you get everything you want.

I do kind of like the marathon jacket and plan on getting the pins as usual. So I'll probably end up getting the marathon jacket and then wonder what I was thinking 3 weeks later when I cannot return it.

I just want the hoodie and a shoe ornament if they have one, but I can say with 99.99999% certainty it'll all be gone by the time I get to the expo on Saturday (we don't drive down until Friday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter