March 2007 Anyone????

look at the ticker!!!! i leave TODAY!!!! leaving for the airport in 4 hours!!!! I can't believe the day is here!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! Make sure you report back to us all the must do's for those of us that will follow behind! Have a Magical Vacation!!!

Yeah 7 Days until we arrive at POFQ! and 11 until our Disney wedding!

We leave Saturday for Orlando! We are doing 2 days at Universal/IOA and 3 days at the House of Mouse! We'll be staying at the Carribean Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you there!:banana:

I got all my plans just about done.

We leave March 25th and spend 2 days in Cocoa Beach at a beach resort, soo cool first time staying on the beach. I have always wanted to stay on the beach.
March 26 all day at NASA, can’t wait. This is for me; I am dragging the rest of the gang with. I LOVE NASA.

March 27th were at Disney till April 3rd. Were staying at Port Orleans Riverside. This is our 4th trip there but first time on property. My 8 year old son is watching the WDW DVD we got in the mail at least 3 hour a night for the last month.

I have a few no tell surprises set up to. Fireworks cruise, special eats, etc.

See you all there....
Randy :cool1:

I didn't see any either! What building were you in? I was in the 70s. But we were back close to the lake, on the left side of building 6. It was a little walk to get anywhere ,but really nothing seemd super far to me. i did do a tour around the place on Tuesday morning and took a bunch of pictures. I was so sad to leave this morning.
I wanted to try and get a litttle bit close to the baby pool, and that was the closest she could get us. It wasn't really far from there at all though.

We were in the 50's, building 3 (i think), it was the one with Tramp in front of it, on the 4th floor, facing the 60's building. It was a really short walk for us which was nice. I decorated my windows with my LGMH. Glad to hear your trip was great! I was sad to leave too, especially the nice WARM weather!

We were in the 60's section facing the lake. Not really that close, but WOW what a view! I took some great photos of the sun setting on the lake. We also enjoyed a nice little stroll out on the bridge heading to what will one day be the new Pop sections. Did anyone see this? It is kind of eerie looking, to see our beautiful Pop & then to look over at the other section that is dark & dreary...kind of like time is standing still. It was such a nice walk though, a change of pace from the hustle & bustle of the World.

I can't believe our trip is already over!!! Is there a pouting smiley? If there was, I'd insert it here! :thumbsup2

Yes, I saw it over there too. Did they just stop working on it or what. No activity at all over there. It's like they got the main building and one set of hotels up and then stopped. I was disappointed I couldn't get all the way over to see more, and they had trees blocking the way on the bridge as well. I'm nosey that way! I would love to check it out if it ever gets done!
I also rode the monrtail and saw them demolishing part of the Contemporary's North wing.

Just got back too! I was also in the 60's. lakeside..next to 50's, around the corner from the Play Doh icon. I loved it over there, hardly any "traffic", quiet, first floor...had a bench nearby and a great view at a value.
Yes....the eerily vacant, deserted building....kind of ruined the great view!! It really appears to be on someones back burner!!!! The bridge was great, hardly saw anyone there...have great photos.
First time at POP....it really is a gem....everything you need, unless you crave all the extra amenities I barely have time to utilize.
This is my plan for next time....I will pay preferred, cause I want the 60's...will get connecting rooms for family...request poolside...if you noticed, all you have to do is take a few steps from your room...and there are the table/chairs/umbrella...a faux patio if you will. I just imagined morning having breakfast there, right outside your room,..however, am still concerned abt night time and late night pool revelers....in the summer...anyone have any experience with this?
If you plan it right here, you can go "deluxe" and pay value!! I know its a stretch...lol...After staying at POP, I just cant see going back to deluxe and putting all that $$$$ into 4 walls and a door:) I know many will disagree....but I'd rather have 2 rooms here and extra $$ to spend than 1 deluxe room w/1 restroom with a 14, 11 and 2 yr old next year:)

Sorry if I got off topic.....

It stands for the Lime Green Mickey Heads. You get teh paint chips at Home Depot and they are shaped like a mickey head. the lime green color stands for DIS boards.

Ok......It is time. We are leaving for the airport in 30 minutes. DISNEY HERE WE COME!! I SO EXCITED I CAN'T STAND IT.....SEE YA THERE!

DisneyBride03, just for future reference, I had asked for connecting rooms & she said 'yes, that's what we have you for' but I got 2 rooms side by side but no door in b/t...I think their term is "adjoining". The next time, I will say "2 rooms with a door in the middle" so that they know exactly what I mean. Other than that, our requests were perfect. Being on the 1st floor & in a non-smoking room was more important to me anyway.

As for the eerie, time standing still, Pop wing, I had heard that they were doing construction & then when 9/11 occurred, tourism slowed down a bit & they just haven't needed the rooms yet. Can anyone confirm this?

I just got back my gazillon pictures today. I cannot tell you how beautiful my sunset pictures are...and this was the view right outside our door. It was great! I never would have asked for this view, but I really loved it!

BTW, did anyone encounter our friends, the ducks? And I am not referring to Daisy or Donald. The ducks were everywhere! Of course, my kids loved it! We opened the door on our first evening & they were standing there just as if they were waiting to get it! It was hilarious!

Sorry for rambling! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter