• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

Virtual que software (like eventbrite and others use) that can take HUGE demand spikes exists. The Pax conferences uses it. So do LOTS of other high demand cons and events (heck, even ticketmaster uses it). Why Disney's IT department can't seem to find and implement a solution is a little beyond me......

And yes, I work in IT.

Yes, what a disaster. I'm having the same problem: when it finally connects, I get the "opens October 24 for members with reservations." They definitely need a better way of doing this. I am on the phone now waiting for someone to complain to. "19 minute wait."

Has it ever sold out on the first day? Do we really need to be online now to get it? I have a meeting soon.

Yes, what a disaster. I'm having the same problem: when it finally connects, I get the "opens October 24 for members with reservations." They definitely need a better way of doing this. I am on the phone now waiting for someone to complain to. "19 minute wait."

If you were logged in BEFORE 9 AM, and waiting at the page....they cut your login (they did mine)/your login timed out. Of course, relogging with the site under load is tough to do...but it's probably why you're getting THAT message (that it opens at 9 AM for members with hotel ressies)...it doesn't know you have ressies.

Got the question "are you staying at a WDW hotel property?". Hit yes, in clock again.

Has it ever sold out on the first day? Do we really need to be online now to get it? I have a meeting soon.
This is the first time they are holding a Moonlight Magic event at Epcot, so it's difficult to say how fast it will sell out.

just got in... very slow process, here are some details, still haven't finalized my place.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.20.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.20.05 AM.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 32
I hope someone will report when it actually work for them. Ain't nobody got time for this!

It's hard to gauge. You're talking about a DVC event at one of the (if not the) most popular park for DVC members (granted, it's not during food and wine) at the most popular DVC booking time.

Sooooo....we don't know what to expect.

It would have been nice to get a heads up that the process was changing for this one, though.

one more:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.21.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.21.38 AM.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 22
If you were logged in BEFORE 9 AM, and waiting at the page....they cut your login (they did mine)/your login timed out. Of course, relogging with the site under load is tough to do...but it's probably why you're getting THAT message (that it opens at 9 AM for members with hotel ressies)...it doesn't know you have ressies.
I refreshed at 9 am to get the button. So the offer disappeared from the page! I clicked on "member offers" or whatever again, it reappeared. I clicked on it .. . "can't find the page." Tried again, I got the button. And now I'm still waiting.

it took me 15 minutes..... and.... time'd out. I think it will be back to the front of the line for me.

just got "internal server error", going to start again, was on with dvc at 9 for something else, and the cm said to just keep trying, they can not book it over phone

It booted me out and said page could not be displayed. I refreshed and got in. I got through ghe form and got confirmation! Good luck everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter