• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

The Valenciunas trade was proof that Ujiri can get the job done.

It was a heartbreaking trade :sad2:, but necessary.

you won a championship so you cant argue, but If I were, that would be his one bad move trading him for gasol

No way low-key. No way.
Championship or not, I would call Ujiri out. But I thought it was a ballsy and necessary trade.

you know that was the sotry, but Valchunis could do everyhitng Gasol cold do and more, but a decade younger, but I dont know the chemistry and maybe it just wasnt there with him, but like I said your GM is a genus, but that a one didnt make sense to me

Im

Wracking my brain when over tired... lol.

Bismack Biyombo, Centre/power forward... (also from The Congo).
Still playing - Hornets.
Biymobo was just a big man.

Completely different than Chrowder who can guard 4 positions including the key one's SF (Lebron, Paul George, Kawaii) and shooting guard (Harden). Kind of like an OG Anubuy.
These A-level defenders are in very high demand because of all the offense in the league.

you won a championship so you cant argue, but If I were, that would be his one bad move trading him for gasol
It definitely wasn't popular at the time, but Gasol's defence and passing improved the Center spot for the season.

And really that was what this was about. Raising the floor for a playoff run by trading the future for the now. JV would've been better for the long run, but with only one guaranteed year of Leonard you had to go for it.

you know that was the sotry, but Valchunis could do everyhitng Gasol cold do and more, but a decade younger, but I dont know the chemistry and maybe it just wasnt there with him, but like I said your GM is a genus, but that a one didnt make sense to me

I think it is because you were not watching game in, game out low-key. Honestly, no sarcasm.

There was not a team chemistry issue, Valenciunas was absolutely beloved by both fans and teammates.

But his play-making was never at the level of Gasol. Or his defense. Valenciunas' grit was always there, worked hard but there were moments where his decision-making was huh? And Gasol is an exceptional passer. You just felt so much more confident with the ball in Gasol's hands.

Gasol is so off in the bubble it is hard to see right now. But that is what makes me optimistic about going forward. Gasol and Siakim could suddenly find their groove, if we can make it past Boston.

And I will be happy to see Valenciunas flourish. It hurt to see him not get a ring.

Last edited:
I think it is because you were not watching game in, game out low-key. Honestly, no sarcasm.

There was not a team chemistry issue, Valenciunas was absolutely beloved by both fans and teammates.

But his play-making was never at the level of Gasol. Or his defense. Valenciunas' grit was always there, worked hard but there were moments where his decision-making was huh? And Gasol is an exceptional passer. You just felt so much more confident with the ball in Gasol's hands.

Gasol is so off in the bubble it is hard to see right now. But that is what makes me optimistic about going forward. Gasol and Siakim could suddenly find their groove ifwe can make it past Boston.

And I will be happy to see Valenciunas flourish. It hurt to see him not get a ring.
Gasol is pretty amazing. Can defend, rebound and 3.4 assists a game from the center position.
And he didn't even shoot any 3's till he was 32 years old in his 9th year in the league and then started taking 1.5 3's a game at a decent 38% clip.

It's the rare person who can do that.

And this. :goodvibes

I adored Valenciunas from day one, but still thought it was a productive and ballsy move.

but, everyone make a bad move, maybe he did on this one, but you got the Ring and I will knell down and kiss it, lol

I agree the Heat are amazing but I think you give Crowder way to much credit , he a solid vetern that does the little things, every team has this guy. I rmemeber about 4 years ago, I forget his name some big center all the Rap fans thought he was amazing, and like Crowder he was just a guy doing his job. Can any of you raptor fans help me remember, his name, he would get youa rebound, make 3-4 hard fould and hit a shot once in a whie

No, I don't think Miami would be in the ECF if they didn't make that trade. They traded Justise Winslow who had potential but could never stay healthy, and they got Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill, and Andre Iguodala. They added veteran and veteran playoff experience (Iguodala) to a team that was chock ful of guys who had never played a second in the playoffs or this far into a season (Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn, Bam Adebayo). As you mentioned, Crowder also does the little things, he can rebound, he has been a 3 point sniper in the bubble, and he also plays solid defense. Iguodala also plays good defense and can provide an offensive spark every now and then. Hill just rides the bench but thats A-OK.

So they traded an injury prone player for some good defense, veteran NBA and playoff experience, and some good shooting. Plus they added to their already good depth to make their depth fantastic. Big W IMO, further proof Pat Riley is the best exec in the NBA

No, I don't think Miami would be in the ECF if they didn't make that trade. They traded Justise Winslow who had potential but could never stay healthy, and they got Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill, and Andre Iguodala. They added veteran and veteran playoff experience (Iguodala) to a team that was chock ful of guys who had never played a second in the playoffs or this far into a season (Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn, Bam Adebayo). As you mentioned, Crowder also does the little things, he can rebound, he has been a 3 point sniper in the bubble, and he also plays solid defense. Iguodala also plays good defense and can provide an offensive spark every now and then. Hill just rides the bench but thats A-OK.

So they traded an injury prone player for some good defense, veteran NBA and playoff experience, and some good shooting. Plus they added to their already good depth to make their depth fantastic. Big W IMO, further proof Pat Riley is the best exec in the NBA
Let's be honest, in this age of Super Teams, this Miami Heat team is the furthest thing from it. You basically have only one max level star in Jimmy Butler and even there Butler is probably on the lower end of superstars. I don't think anybody expected them to be in the semi finals or potentially finals.

But they are an extremely well constructed team and have the right pieces. And all the credit has to go to Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning and Spo. Crowder in particular is probably a Mourning find as Mourning has watched the guy play alot in the Big East for 4 years when Jae was at Marquette.

Have not kept my interest for more than 5 minutes. Really miss fans I don’t know why. Same with baseball. Watched couple of hockey games and golf.

Have not kept my interest for more than 5 minutes. Really miss fans I don’t know why. Same with baseball. Watched couple of hockey games and golf.
:confused3 I think the WWOS venues have actually done a pretty good job of generating some excitement inside the gyms with the lights, graphics, music and virtual fans. Baseball, on the other hand, being outdoors and in such a huge environment has definitely not been as successful. I watched about an inning and a half of a Jays game a month or so ago and it was just a sad and strange vibe - no energy anywhere including from the players.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter