NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

:confused3 I think the WWOS venues have actually done a pretty good job of generating some excitement inside the gyms with the lights, graphics, music and virtual fans. Baseball, on the other hand, being outdoors and in such a huge environment has definitely not been as successful. I watched about an inning and a half of a Jays game a month or so ago and it was just a sad and strange vibe - no energy anywhere including from the players.
Yeah, I think the huge video screens and virtual fans has made the arena seem exciting. Kind of like Times Square/Vegas vibe.

Let's be honest, in this age of Super Teams, this Miami Heat team is the furthest thing from it. You basically have only one max level star in Jimmy Butler and even there Butler is probably on the lower end of superstars. I don't think anybody expected them to be in the semi finals or potentially finals.

But they are an extremely well constructed team and have the right pieces. And all the credit has to go to Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning and Spo. Crowder in particular is probably a Mourning find as Mourning has watched the guy play alot in the Big East for 4 years when Jae was at Marquette.
I definitely saw the Heat as having a chance of making the conference finals. I didn't expect them to blow out the Bucks, but it feels like the Bucks are at the same point the Raptors were a couple of years ago - dominant regular season team that can't get over the hump in the playoffs.

Regardless, Spolstra is underrated as a coach, and Butler is a game changer. We saw it last year. Seeing it now in Miami. They were a bit of a sleeper team coming into the Bubble, I think. You can't sleep on them anymore.

Regardless, Spolstra is underrated as a coach, and Butler is a game changer. We saw it last year.

Absolutely. It was apparent in Philadelphia. I too did not underestimate the Heat.

Even beyond my thoughts, I love watching teams no one is talking about early on.They can just play hard without the pressure of media expectations.

---------

* Vintage LeBron with blocks the other night. His power on the glass never ever gets old

* I had no clue Gasol made the decision not to have his family come to Orlando. Every day some men and women are away from their family due to work - armed forces, extended business trips/contracts etc. But regardless that must be hard for him. Seeing everyone with their loved ones can't be easy. And the Raptors were in Florida two weeks before everyone else.

* Clippers are getting close to my call of winning in five but good on the Nuggets for pushing it last night

* I got so excited to see that Doris Burke will be calling the Conference games and Finals for ESPN. Sigh. Blah. Boo. It is ESPN radio. Seems like people are celebrating. I'm not. This means she will not be on the Finals broadcast at all (sidelines). And I am so damn tired of her being overlooked.

Last edited:
:confused3 I think the WWOS venues have actually done a pretty good job of generating some excitement inside the gyms with the lights, graphics, music and virtual fans. Baseball, on the other hand, being outdoors and in such a huge environment has definitely not been as successful. I watched about an inning and a half of a Jays game a month or so ago and it was just a sad and strange vibe - no energy anywhere including from the players.
Maybe that's it. Maybe i miss the energy in baseball and basketball. Hockey (have interest because of NY run) so that might help. Even if I am a Rangers fan(Potvin Sucks). Just couldn't resist. I think Hockey has always have fans removed from audience do to glass so I don't miss. Golf I have been playing a lot more and watching a lot more in part because of my own increase in playing. Really hope football doesn't bore me, Hey but you know they've been breaking me in by making me watch Jets games with lifeless or no fans all these years so maybe that will help.

Have not kept my interest for more than 5 minutes. Really miss fans I don’t know why. Same with baseball. Watched couple of hockey games and golf.

That's too bad. Not having fans wore on me as well.

But the play since the stoppage has made me forget somewhat again. Still miss them hands down and back around but there have been some outstanding games.

I simply can't watch James Harden play defense. He doesn't even try 3/4 of the time.

Hey Harden. Did you see that? Oh boy what a dunk. That was Purdy. BTW that was your man that blew past you.
Hey Harden. I got you a present. It's a red cape so you'll look the part.
Hey Harden. Did you see that three. Yeah you're the one that was supposed to rotate out.
Hey Harden. You left your shoes over there.
Hey Harden. Was that your liberty defense? Because you just stood there like a statue.
Hey Haren. Yes that's your name from now on because you don't have any D.

ya know, I got to sit back and reevaluate what I know, here is the facts I know . the best teams in Basketball are ( in this order Clippers, Mil, Boston) and nothing is happening like I know.

so its time for me to listen to all of you, my new truthes are, best team in Basketball is Toronto, an dthe best player in Miami is Crowder

I think Gasol and Theis are gassed. Big guys giving everything they got until they've got nothing left. And then they give some more.

every time I think Boston is going to pull away, Toronto comes right back, you know if Leonard stayed you would have a great dynasty. He would be so loved by Canada for ever, would never be able to buy a drink or pay for a dinner the rest of his life, he made a mostake regardless of what the Clippers do or the Raptors, you just couldnt buy the love he would have

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter