***November 2023 Thread***

And 11/4 is now 8-11 at MK!
10/28 MK is open till 11 pm; 10/29;31 & Nov 1 are party nights. 10/30 it’s still 9 pm; 11/2 10 pm; 11/3 (day we go) MK closes at 12 am!

Can’t change dining to a bit later (have 4 pm; should have booked 5:30 pm).

Last edited:

For early entry starting at 7:30 on some days, what time should we be at the bus for AK and MK if we want to be toward front of crowds? TIA!

For early entry starting at 7:30 on some days, what time should we be at the bus for AK and MK if we want to be toward front of crowds? TIA!
The buses should start running one hour before early entry. You will be able to see the bus arrival times at your resort by checking the MDE app that morning. I would aim for as early as possible. We were just at the BC and they had an 7:30 early opening for MK and AK. The buses were running very early that morning. :)

It seems like park hours continue to be extended in early November. Do we think they'll do the same for the latter half 🤔 ? Not sure how they treat late November, historically.

Add us! We decided uh.... yesterday to come over thanksgiving! Nov 23-28th POP. We found great flight prices and even felt the price for pop was rather reasonable for the holiday weekend.

Hubby and I have been several times and the kids have been to Disneyland several times but this will be my kid's (11 and 7) first trip to DisneyWorld. 4 days- one park per day and a Christmas party.

I need to read up on rope drop/skyliner strategies. Hubby and I were just there in June so I feel good about my genie+/ILL/VQ strategies.

I was able to a round up bbq reservation, and a be our guest, and garden grill. I'm not sure what I will actually keep. I don't want to be super scheduled.
I'm hoping to snag a ohana breakfast for our departure day but none are open now. In June I had luck the day before and morning of snagging things.

So.. 3 weeks! Feels weird. Our last family trip to Disneyland we couldn't down to for over a year lol

Yay! Random quick trip for me!
Nov 28th - Dec. 1st at ASMo.
I'm in Canada and flying down to San Francisco for a convention and wondered how much a quick trip to WDW would be ... it's totally affordable! Get this, the airfare for Air Canada from my city in Canada to SFO and MCO back to my city is actually less than a round trip to SFO lol I added a flight on Alaska Airlines from SFO to MCO and, with that flight included, all flights are about the same cost as the round trip!

So excited to enjoy the Festival of the Holidays at Epcot. Not sure if I want to do MVMCP this trip though (I have been before).

Reposting my post from the just back thread:

This weekend was crazy at WDW starting 11/2 (race weekend/Jersey crowds). Satu li took 40 mins to place an allergy order.

11/3 MK: We were at SDMT and the LL was a good 30 min+ wait (standby was 110+ and the Cm sounded sarcastic when she said ‘the current standby wait is over 110 mins; enjoy your trip to the mines’). Winnie the Pooh was posted 30 mins but we weren’t even halfway through when we waited 35 mins standby.

Epcot was a mess 11/4: the lines at the food booths were 25-40 mins and curving everywhere around 11:30 am (better to eat at your resort with small kids). For reference the Figment ride was a 40 min standby! We just entered the park via Skyliner, stopped by the Ireland booth (couldn’t resist the baileys coffee shake; the warm cake was just ok and not palatable in the heat) ate at Space220 (took 1.5+ hour for lunch with dessert to go) and left.

We had a Mears pickup at 1:55 pm and the bottlenecks near Test Track and the walkway between France and Canada were extremely difficult to maneuver. The Skyliner was slow and took 15 more mins than usual. The line to drop off bags was 30 mins and pickup was fortunately 15 mins.

Photo from 11/3 post fireworks (impassable crowds (we had a double stroller and it took 30 mins as crowds were at a standstill; no crowd control or open walkways; even NYE was not this bad; anyone can park hop after 2 pm so everyone is coming in to Mk; the dessert party would definitely be worth it’s price):
770D8925-189F-47FB-BABD-0E96E360C29D.jpeg
C772CB20-ED3C-4227-A21E-2F42989E5537.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like park hours continue to be extended in early November. Do we think they'll do the same for the latter half 🤔 ? Not sure how they treat late November, historically.
Extended park hours is a sign that crowds will be insane. The waits post fireworks were 40-60 mins at Mk with SDMT over 110!

Ak was dead after 2 pm (FOP for which we had purchased a ILL$ was 30 mins). Everyone is park hopping to MK or Epcot.

New hours are up. Yes, depending on sales, they almost always extend Thanksgiving week hours.

It is looking increasingly likely that Wednesday and Thursday will have elements of thunder and plain old rain mixed in with a slight severe threat (FOX35). TWC and FOX35 have the bulk of the rain falling to the east of the Orlando area. My thinking is that it will be more of a long-lasting steady rain event with the occasional rumble of thunder rather than a system that produces rounds of thunderstorms. I am keeping my hopes up for Wednesday that the atmosphere will be stable enough to enjoy Animal Kingdom in the morning and the EEH at Epcot. I'm highly considering switching my Thursday park reservation to Saturday, considering that the forecast models show the weather front to be definitely out of Florida by Friday. Currently, the available forecasts can't pinpoint whether most of the rain will come on Wednesday or Thursday. Hoping this weather event will be a one day thing that fizzles out quick :-).

Wednesday weather.png

Attachments

• Weather 2.png
    Weather 2.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It is looking increasingly likely that Wednesday and Thursday will have elements of thunder and plain old rain mixed in with a slight severe threat (FOX35). TWC and FOX35 have the bulk of the rain falling to the east of the Orlando area.
Florida weather is extremely unpredictable, especially this far out. I wouldn't change any plans until you are closer to the date. Just keep watching the weather predictions for a few days and you will see what I mean about Florida weather. :)

Just returned home this morning from our 8 day stay at Kidani. Of course I'm sitting here going through Disney withdrawal. I agree with the above poster who said that crowds were INSANE! This was probably the worst trip crowd-wise that I have had. We did purchase Genie + on 2 days. This helped with our MK day and kind of helped with our HS day (everything was pretty much gone in the early afternoon). Despite the crowds, we had such a wonderful time and want to start planning our next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter