***November 2023 Thread***

I told myself I would never book a trip during a major holiday .... never say never. I'll be joining the Thanksgiving crowds from 11/21 - 11/26 :mickeyjum We're staying at Doubletree at Disney Springs and not renting a car.

What's your best advice for:

- Transportation to and from MCO to Doubletree Disney Springs
- Getting to Early Hours - use Doubletree shuttle (Fabulous Bus) or Uber/Lyft
- biggest concern is getting to MK's 7:30am EE
- Grocery delivery service
- What are your thoughts on storage lockers at the parks
- on possibly rainy days and late evenings I'll want to have some sweaters and ponchos on hand

Also what's the likelihood of getting into Gideon's Bakehouse in the evening? We won't be able to get to DS until 7pm on 11/21 and I'd love to have some cookies for the week and try the Dark Coffee Cookie.

I'm sure crowds will be different next week with the holiday but last week we waited about 30 minutes to get into Gideon's. No virtual queue was being offered. We also Uber'ed to/from MCO which worked out well for us. $34 to AKL.

I'm sure crowds will be different next week with the holiday but last week we waited about 30 minutes to get into Gideon's. No virtual queue was being offered. We also Uber'ed to/from MCO which worked out well for us. $34 to AKL.
Thanks! A $34 Uber to/from MCO leaves me more money to spend at Gideon's. I'm really hoping for a less than an hour wait for Gideon's on our first night. If I have to after a park day I could take a DS bus from a nearby resort and stop at Gideon's and then Uber back to Doubletree.

Thanks! A $34 Uber to/from MCO leaves me more money to spend at Gideon's. I'm really hoping for a less than an hour wait for Gideon's on our first night. If I have to after a park day I could take a DS bus from a nearby resort and stop at Gideon's and then Uber back to Doubletree.
My experience the last few times during Thanksgiving week is a 2-4 hour virtual wait list for Gideon's.

My experience the last few times during Thanksgiving week is a 2-4 hour virtual wait list for Gideon's.
Hmmm maybe instead of a 6:40pm dinner at Grand Floridian after MK I'll look for a reservation at Disney Springs so I can get in the virtual queue for Gideon's.

1 week from today we should be enjoying our evening at pop! That being said- I have serious anxiety about us getting sick. I feel like everyone around us is sick. We are staying away as much as possible.. only work and school the next week!

We booked this trip a little over 3 weeks ago.. I booked knowing it might be kinda hard to get reservations- BUT I just keeep checking and we've gotten everything I'm after- except Ohana breakfast. I do have chef mickeys in case I can't get ohana.

1 week from today we should be enjoying our evening at pop! That being said- I have serious anxiety about us getting sick. I feel like everyone around us is sick. We are staying away as much as possible.. only work and school the next week!

We booked this trip a little over 3 weeks ago.. I booked knowing it might be kinda hard to get reservations- BUT I just keeep checking and we've gotten everything I'm after- except Ohana breakfast. I do have chef mickeys in case I can't get ohana.
I felt the same way about us getting sick! My son did end up with a nasty cold but luckily it was the very last day of our trip. Have fun and healthy vibes!!

Same here! I've been actively keeping my distance from people, upping my vitamin C intake and getting more sleep. Good luck getting your O'Hana breakfast.

Late joining this thread...our trip is Nov. 28-Dec. 6 staying at the Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossing. This was a spur of the moment trip due to cheap airfare from SWA so we decided to stay offsite to save even more $. I hear everyone on the fear of getting sick...it does seem like everywhere we go people are coughing and sneezing...fingers crossed we all stay well.

Late joining this thread...our trip is Nov. 28-Dec. 6 staying at the Residence Inn, Flamingo Crossing. This was a spur of the moment trip due to cheap airfare from SWA so we decided to stay offsite to save even more $. I hear everyone on the fear of getting sick...it does seem like everywhere we go people are coughing and sneezing...fingers crossed we all stay well.
spur of the moment trips are exciting! There's less time to obsess over planning and the trip will be here quick!

Same here! I've been actively keeping my distance from people, upping my vitamin C intake and getting more sleep. Good luck getting your O'Hana breakfast.
Happy to report that as we were waiting at the airport I was able to snag it!

We're heading off to the Beach Club tomorrow. And I just made a dining reservation for the one night that we had open. We hadn't planned where to eat on that night yet and I decided that we better pick something or we will regret it. ;)

It will be chilly weather for the first few days then heat up into the low 80's by the last two days. It will be a challenge to pack the right clothes. But I did learn over the years that it is usually cold at night this time of year.

Last edited:
Got back from our trip last night and luckily I packed my family one sweater and bought a 15 pack poncho. I wasn't expecting the days to be chilly but at least it wasn't hot though it looks like we were only there for one day since we wore the same sweater each day 😆

We were in MK on 11/22, Epcot 11/23 and HS 11/24 and 11/25 and was amazed at how light the crowds were other than at MK on 11/23. I heard on 11/23 MK was at capacity and some guest weren't able to get in. I also heard that the first day of the International Festival of the Holidays on 11/24 was not packed. I purposely avoided the first day of a Festival because I've heard they are crowded due to bloggers and vloggers. Should have just stuck to my original Epcot day.

Using Lyft was really easy and never waited very long for a ride. After the first day in the mornings I booked the Lyft once we were in the elevator and in the evenings when we were almost to the rideshare pickup. It was easier than I expected and much cheaper than renting a car.

Early Entry is a game changer for me. This was our first visit that we had that benefit and I think any future visit we'll be staying at a hotel with this benefit though my family did not enjoy getting up at 6am. Our 11/24 HS day we rode Rise, MF twice and Toy Story Mania before the park opened. Our 11/25 HS day Rise was down so we rode MF and Toy Story Mania twice during early entry. On our Epcot day we were queued up for Remy by 8:06am but it was down. We chose to wait it out so missed out on any other rides during early entry but was on by 9:20am.

Excited to start planning our next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter