• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Registration refunds received! They processed the same day I got the emails.

I, too, have a lots of doubts about races being back in time for W&D, and maybe even Marathon Wknd. I already registered fro W&D, but I'm hesitant about Dopey: that's a lot of money tied up in something that may not happen. But since registration is delayed, there's time to think about it later.

I just posted this in the other thread about MW2021 registration. IMO, large gatherings like big races (runDisney) and other sporting events/concerts and even the theme parks are going to be the last things to return to "normal" and may not come back until there is a vaccine. We are only flattening the curve now. Not eliminating anything. When people start going back out and smaller businesses start to re-open, the number of cases will go back up and we will be right back where we were in March and we will need to isolate again. Disney is a virtual petri dish with people from all over the world gathering in one place. I am, of course hopeful, but I highly doubt Wine and Dine will happen. Marathon Weekend and the opening of the theme parks will depend on whether they get a working vaccine fast tracked and able to be distributed to everyone.
I'm optimistic for fall/winter things but the way we manage this has to improve. Need more testing, think we need everyone, especially in dense cities (and eventually theme parks), to be wearing masks. Things are improving on both fronts so that's good, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

I think it’s too early to be giving up on W&D 7 months out. My guess is that if the parks are open, W&D will go on as planned. If the parks aren’t open by then, we’ve got a lot bigger worries. Not saying it couldn’t be cancelled, eventually, but there’s a lot more to learn about living with this virus before we get there.
My mindset is when parks reopen sometime late summer ish it will be with no shows, parades, fireworks, character meets... limited capacity through the gate and on rides.... just so that they don’t hemorrhage money by keeping things closed until there is a proper vaccine and any extras like festivals, hard ticket events, RunDisney will be on hold till mid/late 2021

I could be pleasantly surprised but my anxiety brain is all hope for the best but expect the worst

I received a refund on my husband's registration, and refunds on commemorative items I purchased, but have yet to receive a refund on my race entry. I also have not received a medal for my virtual run. Anyone else having the same problem?

I received a refund on my husband's registration, and refunds on commemorative items I purchased, but have yet to receive a refund on my race entry. I also have not received a medal for my virtual run. Anyone else having the same problem?

They said to allow 4-6 weeks for refunds to be processed. We’re still well short of that timeframe. Also, RunDisney says to allow 30d beyond the end date of the virtual to receive those medals under normal circumstances. I don’t know if you were just virtual or were getting it as part of the Kessel Run, but I don’t think I’ve heard of Kessel participants receiving their medals yet. I’d wager it’s going to take us longer to receive ours. Time is moving slowly right now and I think patience is needed with all the upheaval.

I would love to do marathon weekend if I can flight award flights from Australia. But I also think run events are a risk like I said before this one was cancel. Everyone jammed in at start. Water station would be a nightmare for staff on them with spilt water and everyone getting on transport sweaty at the end

From Texas or just the South? :rolleyes:
Ha! This is funny. I grew up saying this (from Oklahoma).
A story from my cousin when she moved to Ohio and worked at a restaurant. Someone asked her to remove the special from the white board, because they were out. Cousin: “I’m fixing to.” Co-worker: “No, you can’t. We’re out.” Co-worker understood it as “two” not “to”. 😂

so I got emails confirming my cancellation And refund amounts for the 5k and 10k (for myself and my son). But I never got an email confirming my rival run challenge registration has been cancelled. I just checked on rundisney.com and sure enough everything’s marked as cancelled except the challenge. Was this a glitch do you think? I know they’re probably overwhelmed with questions and don’t want to be a pest so just curious if anyone else has only gotten part of the race registrations cancelled so far? Or do I need to try and contact rundisney?

so I got emails confirming my cancellation And refund amounts for the 5k and 10k (for myself and my son). But I never got an email confirming my rival run challenge registration has been cancelled. I just checked on rundisney.com and sure enough everything’s marked as cancelled except the challenge. Was this a glitch do you think? I know they’re probably overwhelmed with questions and don’t want to be a pest so just curious if anyone else has only gotten part of the race registrations cancelled so far? Or do I need to try and contact rundisney?
I would say give them a few more weeks. I received the emails last Friday, and the refunds showed up today (5k and Rival Run). Some people had received their refunds even earlier. In the runDisney email on 3/20 canceling the races, they said to allow 4-6 weeks (which would be May 1st at the latest). I’m guessing they are still processing them, even though you received refunds for some items but not all.

DP for those waiting for refunds. I was registered for the Half only and paid using a Disney gift card. I received an email from runDisney this morning that my refund was being processed and that I would receive a separate email with a new gift card with a balance equal to my registration amount within 6 weeks. Within 30 minutes, I had received the email with my gift card code. runDisney is undoubtedly doing these refunds in waves.

DP for those waiting for refunds. I was registered for the Half only and paid using a Disney gift card. I received an email from runDisney this morning that my refund was being processed and that I would receive a separate email with a new gift card with a balance equal to my registration amount within 6 weeks. Within 30 minutes, I had received the email with my gift card code. runDisney is undoubtedly doing these refunds in waves.
Wow, that's faster than a CC in my case. I received the email from RunDisney last week, but still no credit showing up on my card. I just checked again.

I received all my refunds. Since I was registered for Kessel Run through my travel agent, I guess I'll wait and see if the virtual medal arrives. If not, I can always try ebay.

Just a Refund Update:
After the original cancellation email on 3/20, I got my room refunded to my credit card on 3/25. Then I got email receipts for DS and my 5K's on 4/3 and refund posted to credit card today, 4/9 for those races. Still no email receipt for my Rival Run Challenge or Kessel Run Challenge, so I'm hoping that those come soon, and the refunds follow the 5K pattern of about a week, especially since the Challenges are a much larger chunk of change than the 5K's were.🤞

I forgot to mention, I checked RunDisney site today, and it no longer shows any registrations for me, and before it had still shown the cancelled ones, so I hope that's not a bad sign.

I forgot to mention, I checked RunDisney site today, and it no longer shows any registrations for me, and before it had still shown the cancelled ones, so I hope that's not a bad sign.

Mine still shows Wine & Dine registrations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter