**Official February 2024 Thread**

I'm not sure if anyone follows Touring Plans, but they have MK this Wednesday, 2/7, at a 2! :cool1:
And what does Touring Plans say about MK on Tuesday, Feb 6. :)

One good thing about rain is that it tends to clear out the parks. But now I need to worry about what shoes to bring if there is heavy rain during our trip. I have waterproof hiking shoes but they are heavy and I don't think I can wear them the entire trip.

Tomorrow is my travel day! Today I am spending getting the laundry washed (which is normal for a Monday) and getting my packing finished with the exception of things I need in the morning. I was hoping to pack light but those dog gone sweatshirts make it hard. Plus I have things hubby and I both need in my suitcase so that he will have room for an empty duffel bag for the trip home. Since we fly southwest we can each check two bags and since we now have three grand babies to buy stuff for we want to be prepared to have extra room. My suitcase is already 41 lbs....UGH! Thankfully I only have to add my makeup and hair straightener in the morning. I didn't want to have to extend the suitcase to make it wider but because of the bulky sweatshirts I had to. I could probably squish those down but I wanna make sure my ears don't get broken.

The weather seems like it's gonna be pretty nice while we are there. Hubby will be loving the high 60's low 70's days. Our last full day is Saturday and it's suppose to be 80. I'll still need the sweatshirts even on the mid 70 days when we go inside for things because I am more cold nature and get cold easily. So when it's warmer outside I can just tie those around my waist. I have everything charged except my new magicband+ is charging now. Then I believe it said there was an update available so I'll do that in a bit. I think the only things I need to grab in the morning are my chargers (phone, watch, magic band-if I don't get it packed this evening), my make-up, hair straightener and my sunglasses which are prescription so I'll most likely be wearing them to drive to the airport anyways so need to make sure I remember my regular glasses once I get t the airport. I have called the band and got our debit cards cleared for travel so they won't be flagged if we happen to need to use them, but hopefully we won't need to so I think that completes my travel to do list until the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight and my mind won't be thinking "Oh yeah, don't forget to do this or that" all night. I don't have to worry about stopping mail or anything like that because our college age son will be here to get all that.

I don't know if I'll have time to check in before I leave my house in the morning so I'll check in after I get home (maybe even if I have time on a break at the parks) but those leaving while I'm gone, I hope you have a great trip. Make sure you come back and let us know how it all went.

I don't know if I'll have time to check in before I leave my house in the morning so I'll check in after I get home (maybe even if I have time on a break at the parks) but those leaving while I'm gone, I hope you have a great trip. Make sure you come back and let us know how it all went.
The weather looks good for your trip. We are here now, and it is a little chilly but not too bad. And of course, we are having a great time. :)

Safe travels today @Bama Mom!

I just boarded my flight to Orlando. Minor change, I switched my first night to Boardwalk Villas for easy access to EPCOT & FOTA today. So BWV > WL CCV > GFV. I’ve never stayed at BW, so excited to check out that resort! I packed light, hopefully not too light… we shall see. :rolleyes:

IMG_5761.jpegIMG_5763.jpeg

Almost time to go. Suitcases and hubby’s C-PAP are loaded in the back and hubby and my backpacks are in the back seat for easy access should we need them in the drive to the airport (2 hours away). All I have to do I remember to get my glasses case for my sunglasses when we get out and I’ll go early probably just stick it in my backpack as I am getting in the car. I’ll have to stop and get gas before picking hubby up from work and I am gonna run into a store and get up some hard candy (something like jolly ranchers) to have throughout the trip. Other than that I am ready to go. Now I just have to kill the next hour and a half until time for me to leave the house lol. Btw ignore the walls in the first picture. We are looking for a painter to come repaint the whole inside of our house. I do t mind doing it myself (hubby hates painting) but the ceilings are way to high in some rooms and painting on a ladder of scaffolding in the stairwell scares me haha

Venting.... We are scheduled Feb 14 - 18. Modified everything from Feb 15 - 19, because HS baseball tryouts were scheduled to start on Feb 19. They gave us the date way back in September. Okay, that's the schedule, I'll modify. Whatever we need to do to make sure my student-athlete is in the right place at the right time.

We go to the baseball meeting last night to get the final tryout schedule. Tryouts start Feb 20! The head coach is going out of the country for a school trip, so they can't do tryouts on the 19th. REALLY? President's Day weekend is a 4 day weekend / no homework weekend for our school district. Lots of people take mini-vacations. Would it have been too much to ask to send out an email to everyone that attended the September meeting when the coach knew of this change. (they collected all of our emails) It isn't like the just planned a school trip 10 days out.

I immediately thought, okay, add another night. Not an option. No cost effective rooms available and the cost to change my flights was almost as much as what I paid originally.

No good solution. Other than to say, I don't appreciate the lack of communication from the coach and his blatant disregard for others schedules. I don't like being treated this way, so all I can do is work to make sure I don't do something like this to others. Be considerate, be kind, be courteous.

I know, first world problems happening over here. I am grateful I am going to Disney, spending time with my family. And I am already starting to pack. (8 more days) Venting done. It is what it is.

Venting.... We are scheduled Feb 14 - 18. Modified everything from Feb 15 - 19, because HS baseball tryouts were scheduled to start on Feb 19. They gave us the date way back in September. Okay, that's the schedule, I'll modify. Whatever we need to do to make sure my student-athlete is in the right place at the right time.

We go to the baseball meeting last night to get the final tryout schedule. Tryouts start Feb 20! The head coach is going out of the country for a school trip, so they can't do tryouts on the 19th. REALLY? President's Day weekend is a 4 day weekend / no homework weekend for our school district. Lots of people take mini-vacations. Would it have been too much to ask to send out an email to everyone that attended the September meeting when the coach knew of this change. (they collected all of our emails) It isn't like the just planned a school trip 10 days out.

I immediately thought, okay, add another night. Not an option. No cost effective rooms available and the cost to change my flights was almost as much as what I paid originally.

No good solution. Other than to say, I don't appreciate the lack of communication from the coach and his blatant disregard for others schedules. I don't like being treated this way, so all I can do is work to make sure I don't do something like this to others. Be considerate, be kind, be courteous.

I know, first world problems happening over here. I am grateful I am going to Disney, spending time with my family. And I am already starting to pack. (8 more days) Venting done. It is what it is.
UGH! That is frustrating. I'll never understand why others can't be considerate and respectful of others knowing they wouldn't want to be done that way.

We are now home. Even though we did a more relaxed, slow paced trip we got so much done that people wouldn't believe it was as slow paced as it was. It was a great trip with some new things done. I'll come back and chat about it later.

I hope everyone that's there is having a blast.

We returned home on Thursday. We had a fun trip and it worked out pretty well considering we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and our two sisters were off site. The only disadvantage was that the sisters didn't have early park access and we did. There is a lot we didn't do because they couldn't get into the park before the crowds appeared. But then we've been to WDW so many times that it didn't really matter.

We had a great time at Hoop Dee Doo. It is an easy trip to and from WL to FW. We took the boat over and two of us took the boat and two of us waited for the bus. The bus back from FW to WL was direct with no other stops, which was nice.

We spent some time in the town of Celebration on our departure day. It is a cute little town but mostly boring. My husband would have preferred to spend the morning at a park, instead, but his sister only had a three-day park pass. It was nice to spend time together, though, without the craziness of being in a park.

We returned home on Thursday. We had a fun trip and it worked out pretty well considering we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and our two sisters were off site. The only disadvantage was that the sisters didn't have early park access and we did. There is a lot we didn't do because they couldn't get into the park before the crowds appeared. But then we've been to WDW so many times that it didn't really matter.

We had a great time at Hoop Dee Doo. It is an easy trip to and from WL to FW. We took the boat over and two of us took the boat and two of us waited for the bus. The bus back from FW to WL was direct with no other stops, which was nice.

We spent some time in the town of Celebration on our departure day. It is a cute little town but mostly boring. My husband would have preferred to spend the morning at a park, instead, but his sister only had a three-day park pass. It was nice to spend time together, though, without the craziness of being in a park.

When we stayed at WL and went to Hoop Dee Doo we loved being able to take the boat back after the show. It was so relaxing.

I went to bed at like 8:45 last night. I couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so tired. Got to attack this hill of laundry today and get back into the groove of work (I work from home) after being off for the week.

T - 1 day for me!!! But for everyone traveling this week into President's Day weekend and beyond, be aware Genie+ for MULTIPLE PARKS sold OUT yesterday (Feb 12). It is currently 7:11 am ET on Feb 13 and all Genie+ options are still available. But definitely something to keep an eye on.

Happy travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter