**Official February 2024 Thread**

First solo trip Feb 7-11. Starting off with a bang on the 8th: I plan on DHS-MK-Epcot after hours. As previous poster said looking forward to going at my own (fast)pace.

Got you added to the list. I thing that one reason I want to do a solo trip is because I would enjoy going my own pace as well. My husband isn't a thrill ride person either so it would be nice not feeling like he was bored having to wait on me to ride them. Like for example, he will not be riding Guardians of the Galaxy this trip but because I have never gotten to ride (it wasn't open on our 2022 trip) he will just entertain himself while I ride. Same with Tron, but he is actually considering riding it since it's such a short ride).

I hate the early opening hour at AK. It was 7:30am when we were there last month and the safari didn't have very many animals on exhibit early in the morning. The animals don't get a change in their release hours when they open early. We've seen giraffes released at 8:30am.

We are skipping AK on this trip.

AK used to be my second favorite park but it's been replaced with HS since Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land opened. I love FOP (its my favorite ride-unless that changes after riding GoG) and we skipped AK on our 2022 trip. So this time I got hopper passes mainly so I could ride FOP. We will rope drop AK the first morning we go to the parks and then head to MK after we finish AK. So if we rope drop FOP then I can stack my genie+ picks for MK later that evening. We also are not bit EPCOT fans so will hop from that park and not spend all day there if we can get me a good ILL and virtual queue for guardians.

I hate the early opening hour at AK. It was 7:30am when we were there last month and the safari didn't have very many animals on exhibit early in the morning. The animals don't get a change in their release hours when the park opens early. We've seen giraffes released at 8:30am.

We are skipping AK on this trip. It is only a four-night trip and my sister-in-law is buying a three-park ticket.
I love the early openings at AK. We can ride Everest over and over with no lines. In the cooler months we save the Safari for later, either 11ish or after 3, depending on temperatures and where we are in the park. I feel like most of the animals aren't as active if temps are too cool.

I hate the early opening hour at AK. It was 7:30am when we were there last month and the safari didn't have very many animals on exhibit early in the morning. The animals don't get a change in their release hours when the park opens early. We've seen giraffes released at 8:30am.

We are skipping AK on this trip. It is only a four-night trip and my sister-in-law is buying a three-park ticket.
We love early morning AK, we rope drop Navi, buy a ILL for FOP and grab a Genie slot for Safari. Then we loop Everest, 3 or 4 times. Then we get coffee and go ride the Safari. The cold definitely keeps the animals less active. We went in January last year and did the behind the scenes safari tour, it was 36 degrees! Most of the animals were snuggled up sleeping. By this point, everything is open, people are pouring into the park and we MIGHT go ride Dinosaur, if my hubby can talk me into it. (Not a fan!)

Anyone have suggestions for grocery delivery? We’re at CBR.

The last time I was at WDW my friends and I were staying off-site and had a rental car, so we just picked up a few things at the grocery store ourselves. So doing grocery delivery is new for me!

If it helps, I imagine we’ll only need some quick breakfast items and maybe a few snacks. (Though my spouse probably won’t be opposed to a six-pack of beer! 🤣)

Anyone have suggestions for grocery delivery? We’re at CBR.

The last time I was at WDW my friends and I were staying off-site and had a rental car, so we just picked up a few things at the grocery store ourselves. So doing grocery delivery is new for me!

If it helps, I imagine we’ll only need some quick breakfast items and maybe a few snacks. (Though my spouse probably won’t be opposed to a six-pack of beer! 🤣)

I'm trying to figure this out as well. On my 2022 trip we arrived later at night so used a car service to get to the resort from MCO and it included us being able to stop and pick up a publix grocery order. This time we are using Mears since we aren't getting in as late as last time. I'd like to get some fruit delivered so I have some to have for snacks to keep me from eating all the sugary stuff I will be tempted to buy. One I have seen recommended a lot is amazon fresh so I might try that.

We use Walmart since we're walmart+ subscribers and don't pay a delivery fee but prior to that we used instacart. Actually, we even used instacart on our last trip because DD forgot to pack shorts to wear under her skirts so I ordered some from target via instacart.

In my opinion the pros of using Walmart are low prices and they carry pretty much everything. The biggest con is that substitions are unpredictable. Some shoppers choose great ones and others do not. Also their produce is hit or miss.

Instacart is more expensive, but you can choose from a variety of stores, and the shoppers are more interactive, letting you choose substitutes for out of stock items. You can also add notes, like please choose half yellow bananas and half green. =)

I pulled my suitcase out the other day to look and see what I need to replenish from my toiletries bag and never got to finish so I pulled it out again to try again. I guess I must have restocked before our trip to the mountains last year because I don't need anything except to refill my travel shampoo and conditioner bottles. I can use the H2O products but not every day or it gives my hair a weird texture. So I just need enough of my own shampoo/conditioner to last a few days. Plus I got a new backpack for Christmas to take as my personal item on the plane so I need to switch all my travel essentials for the airport travel into my new one. The only thing I have left to do before actual packing is getting my meds refilled to make sure I have plenty for the trip. Some run out right before the trip and I definitely don't need to run out while vacationing. I do not want a flair up of my autoimmune stuff or else I will not be able to enjoy myself.

I ordered some new disney shirts since I've lost weight and my others were too big so I can go ahead and pack those if I want to. I guess it depends on if I run out of time and steam while taking breaks between working (I work from home). But right now everything is spread out on my bed so it has to be done before bedtime tonight for sure. T-minus 12 days to go!

First solo trip Feb 7-11. Starting off with a bang on the 8th: I plan on DHS-MK-Epcot after hours. As previous poster said looking forward to going at my own (fast)pace.

I will also be there Feb 7-11! Sister trip staying at the Swan. Excited for MK evening hours and just bought EPCOT after hours tickets.

OMG ... did not realize I'd already posted in this thread, lol. Had to change our dates. :rolleyes:

@Wood Nymph I feel like the only reason I do is because I recently made a list of foods I want to try in MK that my kids never like, like the chili cheese fries at Golden Oak Outpost. :laughing: But, beignets have moved to the top of the list. I just love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter