• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official November 2013***

Hahaha. I feel like everyday is my crazy day any more. I'm gettin the kids ready for bed now. Ill see how today and tomorrow goes first. Who knows, maybe ill finally get some pixie dust!

Yeah, this time of year is pretty crazed. Tuesday's are just my worst because of my co-op lasting most of the day combined with scouts and soccer. It wouldn't be so bad it I wasn't the one running those things, but since I am I can't even check out and just go through the motions.

I know at rope drop they do a celebration of sort, but was wondering on the mornings of Extra magic hour, do they do the celebration early or maybe two separate ones?

Don't know where else to ask this. We are flying to WDW and are planning on only packing carry on bags. This is our first time flying so just a little nervous:scared: about the whole security check point process. I bought space bags for all our clothes but if for some reason they have to check inside our bags will they undo the space bags or just check around them??? TIA

Don't know where else to ask this. We are flying to WDW and are planning on only packing carry on bags. This is our first time flying so just a little nervous:scared: about the whole security check point process. I bought space bags for all our clothes but if for some reason they have to check inside our bags will they undo the space bags or just check around them??? TIA

My guess is that only if they see something in the xray will they need to open the space bags. I mean something metal.
I've decided to check everything except a change of clothes and my pjs.
We are using Magic Express so once my bags are checked, I don't have to worry about anything. And if by some rare chance my luggage is lost, then I have at least one change of clothes and will have to dress in Mickey attire the rest of my vacation. :)

Oh and instead of space bags, I'll use regular ziplocks and push as much air out as I can. I do this all the time. They do have travel space bags that you don't need the vacuum.

Good luck with that.

Yep, same here in CT. I'm hoping for the same as you for November. We were there the week of Thanksgiving, 2010 and it was between 86-92 the entire time. Much hotter than I expected but I wasn't complaining ;) If it's mid to upper 70's this time, that would be perfect.

53 days to go....

Heh, having lived in FL I can tell you November is usually more 80 then 70's. unless its raining, then it can be down to low 70's.

Night time is usually high 70.

Be prepared for warmer rather than colder. I do not think you will need a jacket., unless your already a southerner.

Heh, having lived in FL I can tell you November is usually more 80 then 70's. unless its raining, then it can be down to low 70's. Night time is usually high 70. Be prepared for warmer rather than colder. I do not think you will need a jacket., unless your already a southerner.

I'll definitely take that over November weather here ;) Looking forward to it.

I know at rope drop they do a celebration of sort, but was wondering on the mornings of Extra magic hour, do they do the celebration early or maybe two separate ones?

I just asked my twin sister (she gets to Disney more frequently than I) this question this morning! They do any celebration/show at the time of actual opening of the park, so early on EMH days. :)

How do you plan to repack your space bags for the trip back? The vacuums at the resorts are usually the kind that just do floors, no hose to hook up to your space bag. If your stuff doesn't fir without vacuuming the air out, you could have a problem.

My flights dropped again in price so added another $10 to my travel bank! :yay:

TP Crowd Levels all went up :( but I knew they would they always do.

40 Days to Go!!!:dance3:

I keep getting an error when I try to do the online check-in. I know some of you were also having issues, were you able to finally do it?

I am wondering if all these issues have to do with them getting ready to add November check-ins for MB and FP+.

Only 60 days to go!!!!!!!!! :yay::cool1::yay::yay::cool1:

How do you plan to repack your space bags for the trip back? The vacuums at the resorts are usually the kind that just do floors, no hose to hook up to your space bag. If your stuff doesn't fir without vacuuming the air out, you could have a problem.

Make sure you have the travel space bags. You just roll them up to squeeze the air out.

Off topic for a minute because i dont knnow how to start a new thread. Does anyone know when the festival of the seasons at DD will start..Trying to find out if we will be there for it . will be at pofq nov 8- 18

I just asked my twin sister (she gets to Disney more frequently than I) this question this morning! They do any celebration/show at the time of actual opening of the park, so early on EMH days. :)

Good I don't plan to be at rope drop every morning, but thought maybe if I catch a EMH day then I could get 2 for 1.

My flights dropped again in price so added another $10 to my travel bank! :yay:

TP Crowd Levels all went up :( but I knew they would they always do.

40 Days to Go!!!:dance3:

Yup, just got the email from TP last night. Not too concerned, though. I have 36 more days and can barely concentrate on work at this point (it also doesn't help that it's the high holiday season and I'm in meeting after meeting and can't get "regular" work done. :)).

Listening to 80s music right now and then I'll switch to Disney music after lunch. I'm going to start packing hard Thursday and Friday cause my kids are basically wearing jeans instead of shorts at this point. Just. Can't. Wait. To. Get. To. Disney!!!!!

(oh....and I'll be starting Part II of the Official November thread in a few minutes.......everyone should switch over to that one since we've filled this one up!)

Good I don't plan to be at rope drop every morning, but thought maybe if I catch a EMH day then I could get 2 for 1.

We are actually only doing one rope drop, and that's for AK. That's just how it worked out after working the schedule around the christmas party and ADR's. my sister said there is an opening show there too, although I've never seen it. I am hoping we'll pretty much have AK to ourselves and we have a nice relaxing few hours. : ) We are of the few families that actually truly enjoy AK. It just has such a laid back atmosphere and we love wildlife, so a perfect fit. : ) I'm not sure why it is so looked down upon...

Yup, just got the email from TP last night. Not too concerned, though. I have 36 more days and can barely concentrate on work at this point (it also doesn't help that it's the high holiday season and I'm in meeting after meeting and can't get "regular" work done. :)).

Listening to 80s music right now and then I'll switch to Disney music after lunch. I'm going to start packing hard Thursday and Friday cause my kids are basically wearing jeans instead of shorts at this point. Just. Can't. Wait. To. Get. To. Disney!!!!!

(oh....and I'll be starting Part II of the Official November thread in a few minutes.......everyone should switch over to that one since we've filled this one up!)

Eeek! I was worried about that. How high do they rate the crowd levels in November now?

We are actually only doing one rope drop, and that's for AK. That's just how it worked out after working the schedule around the christmas party and ADR's. my sister said there is an opening show there too, although I've never seen it. I am hoping we'll pretty much have AK to ourselves and we have a nice relaxing few hours. : ) We are of the few families that actually truly enjoy AK. It just has such a laid back atmosphere and we love wildlife, so a perfect fit. : ) I'm not sure why it is so looked down upon...

I thought I read somewhere on here that they got rid of the opening shows in all parks except for the MK.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter