*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

My fast passes went well this morning. I was able to get everything I wanted. Some of them not at the optimal times, but they are there . I think it helped that I only needed FOP for one person. There is no way my son would ride it, so my husband is going alone .

That's great!

I never anticipated it, but HS has ended up being the toughest park for me to plan this trip. So much for that half-day park nonsense! Actually, for our past two trips, HS was close to a half-day park for us. During our trip with our girls in 2016, they weren't old enough for most rides there, the Star Wars stuff frightened them (they still refuse to go anywhere near Kylo Ren, not that I can blame them!) and we assumed they'd enjoy only a few of the shows. When DH and I went on our own in 2017, we hit most of the rides but skipped most of the shows. This year, our girls (they'll be newly five) are at a "sweet spot" for the rides AND shows. Throw in the two new rides in TSL and I'm having a tough time fitting things in, especially since we have a 3:20 (= latest lunch seating) ADR over at Akershus. We've got some potential free time on our arrival day, as well as an unplanned Friday morning, so we may have to pop into HS for a few extra hours one of those days.
I usually also do it in half a day or a very leisurely full day and arrive a little late. This year it looks like RD to park close.
I might do that as well. Just go on arrival day, before another park, or on our break day and force myself to leave. I usually say that and end up staying the whole day Haha

:sad1::sad1::sad1:FP day is tomorrow for me.... and I’m on the west coast. This means I need to be awake and on MSE at 4 am pst?! Yowza!
That was me this morning! It’s going to be a rough day, haha!

We have one full day planned at HS and then we plan to rope drop it another morning before we hop to AK for our fast passes there. We don't do many of the shows because I have a 6 year old boy, who is anti princess. We do have to fit in Jedi Training and he usually wants to ride TSMM multiple times, so I figure we will do those things again .
That’s a good plan! I may do that if we don’t get to it that day. Thanks! :)

Hello everyone! :wave2: We arrive November 10th, so our FP+ window opens very soon. We are doing Toy Story EMM so we won't try for those rides. How has FoP availability been? We really want 60+1 but can also do 60+6. I don't want to waste time trying for 60+1 if I'm not going to find anything. Booking opens at 8 PM for me so I'm hoping to plan well and zip through it all while my family in the US is still sleeping.

Hello everyone! :wave2: We arrive November 10th, so our FP+ window opens very soon. We are doing Toy Story EMM so we won't try for those rides. How has FoP availability been? We really want 60+1 but can also do 60+6. I don't want to waste time trying for 60+1 if I'm not going to find anything. Booking opens at 8 PM for me so I'm hoping to plan well and zip through it all while my family in the US is still sleeping.

We also arrive on 11/10 — and it looks like we’ve got a similar schedule, as we’re also headed to AK on 60+1 and 60+6. Good luck on Tuesday!

Five days until we leave for our Sept trip (stay away Florence!) and 11 days before I make our Nov FP's , and I finally planned out half of our thanksgiving week park days lol. Have to work in more down time than normal since DS will be 5 months out from his ACL surgery so that's making it a bit of a challenge. Actually decided to take a trip over to AOA for the drawing class since the kids used to love it at HS and we can sit while doing it :)

Fast pass morning today! Was able to get SDD at 66 and 69 and FOP at 67! I was hoping to get them earlier in my trip, but I am PUMPED with everything I got! November 8th can not come soon enough! Such a stressful morning, and I am obviously second guessing a lot of options, but I am happy I got SDD and FOP! Disneymoon here I come!

We also arrive on 11/10 — and it looks like we’ve got a similar schedule, as we’re also headed to AK on 60+1 and 60+6. Good luck on Tuesday!
Thanks! Same to you :) It looks like it would be highly unlikely to get FoP at 60+1 so we will try for 60+6.

Almost my FP day, eek! A couple of questions for those who have recently made them (or is there anyone who can see these dates right now?)

60+1/60+2 (Nov 11/12): I can go to AK on either of these dates. No chance of FoP, right? What about Navi- would I be able to get it in the afternoon on either of those days?
60+4 (Nov 14): SDD. Will I be able to get these in the morning or afternoon?

TIA!

Also, what activities are you guys doing other than the parks or pool? DS loves mini golf so I'm thinking about that (maybe on the afternoon after HS?). Bowling at DS? Renting a boat (I've never driven a boat so I'm kinda scared, but if a 12 year old is allowed to do it I guess I can too...).

Almost my FP day, eek! A couple of questions for those who have recently made them (or is there anyone who can see these dates right now?)

60+1/60+2 (Nov 11/12): I can go to AK on either of these dates. No chance of FoP, right? What about Navi- would I be able to get it in the afternoon on either of those days?
60+4 (Nov 14): SDD. Will I be able to get these in the morning or afternoon?

TIA!

Also, what activities are you guys doing other than the parks or pool? DS loves mini golf so I'm thinking about that (maybe on the afternoon after HS?). Bowling at DS? Renting a boat (I've never driven a boat so I'm kinda scared, but if a 12 year old is allowed to do it I guess I can too...).

We are hopping to AK on both of those days and have our fast passes there, so I looked to modify and FOP was available for party of 2 after 4 pm on the 11th Navi was available a bit earlier. They were both available for a party of 3 starting around 5 on the 12th.

I am not sure about SDD, as we are leaving that day, but would be able to get it in the afternoon at least .

Sooo...FPs are booked. We were not able to get SDD at 60+4. Can you believe it?! Got Saucers instead. Got FOP on 60+5 as well as 60+10. Slinky was finally available within our already established touring plans on 60+8. Sheesh.

Hi all!

Apologies for the extended absence. Going forward, I'll try to make time at least once a week to check up on this thread/update the roll call (I'll write it into my planner lol), but I apologize in advance if I drop off for another extended period of time. This semester has been crazy already and syllabus week just ended!

I'll update the roll call right now. Thanks for being patient!

Hi!! We are going to the most magical place 11/23-11/28. We went a similar time in 2014 and loved it. It is this the place for dining swaps? I am looking for a few... Thanks!!

My family and I are going to be at Art of Animation from 11/26-11/30. FastPass day is September 27th and I’m working hard on finding out what my kids may want to do!

Hey all! We fly in 11/21 and stay until 11/30. We go at this time every other year, and I find this trip to be more of a mess to plan than usual! We've now changed our park days 3 times...literally every park day has been changed at least once all due to EMM's! First, our EMM at MK was canceled on our already booked day. We were able to switch to another day but that caused quite a shake up of our plans. Now, with the addition of EMM at Hollywood, we felt it would be worth it to book, but caused 2 additional days to have to be switched. So I am still trying to change ADR's around, one being my kids favorite that I must have or the switch is a no go! We love EMM and feel it has been the best money we've spent at Disney so that's the only reason we are switching plans! I am thankful we don't have FP's yet for all this switching. I've got about a month until I have to have things figured out to do FP's!

I’m heading over from England as a solo traveller on the 5th of Nov 2018 ❤️

Just booked me and husband’s 20th anniversary trip!!
Staying at the boardwalk villas nov 12-16...a short trip, but so excited to get away to our happy place and explore without the kiddos!!

Hi @Newsies -- please add me to the Roll Call. Thanks!
11/10-11/17 at AOA
Link to my PTR: https://www.disboards.com/threads/its-not-a-place-its-a-feeling-–-a-nov-2018-wdw-ptr.3703508/

@Newsies You can add me to the roll call. 11/23 (relative's condo), 11/24 - 12/5 (AS Sports)

Hey guys!!!

We'll be at CCV 11/24-12/1!! (In Orlando starting 11/22) We have three families traveling with us this year, so it should be a lot of fun!! Can't wait to get back to the Lodge!!

Thanks for starting this board!

Hi everyone!
Extremely late to the planning game.

Finally got out dates solidified. Nov 10-15, trying to figure out parks

Kids are 8, 6 and 4 (all very tall for their age).

I'm thinking:
Sat, Nov 10 Hollywood Studio
Sun, Nov 11 MK
Mon, Nov 12 Epcot
Tue, Nov 13 MK (& Christmas party)
Wed, Nov 14 Animal Kingdom
Thur, Nov 15 MK

I have no clue what to fast pass at each park. I feel so behind! Thoughts?

Hello All

We are going 11/19-11/25 at CBR and it will be our first time going at a really busy time. It is a late graduation present for my DD and niece and this was the only time that lined up and we think we are up for it and psyched for Christmas decorations. I am 2 weeks away from our FP day and starting to get nervous about getting what we want (mostly FOP and SDD since they are on our 2nd and 3rd days and new to us so we have to ride them). We have everything planned out (although we did not get the ADRs we wanted so still checking for those) but should I be prepared to change park days if I can't get the important rides? Will Thanksgiving week be crazy for trying to get fast passes, especially since we don't get there until Monday? We have an ADR for Fantasmic which is the only one I would worry about so we don't have to get there 2 hours beforehand but that might be one of the days we have to swap.

We are so excited but not sure what to expect for Thanksgiving week. The most crowded time we have gone in the past was Jersey week and that wasn't too bad and that was 4 years ago so this FP+ thing was brand new!

@Newsies

Hi! I'd like to be added to the list and be all official. :teeth:

11/7-11/16 AllStar Sports
11/17-11/18 Poly

Definitely doing MVMCP on the 16th :santa:

Making my FP list and checking it twice...only a couple days to go!

Welcome all of you to the roll call! Thank you for your patience!

If I've missed anyone-- please let me know!

Sooo...FPs are booked. We were not able to get SDD at 60+4. Can you believe it?! Got Saucers instead. Got FOP on 60+5 as well as 60+10. Slinky was finally available within our already established touring plans on 60+8. Sheesh.

Eek! What date is your 60+4, if you don't mind me asking?

It's Veteran's Day - Nov. 11th. Crowd calendar had that day as pretty busy across the board. :/

Its likely there might have been SDD FPs for days earlier, but we have some other activities planned elsewhere, so HS days kinda got lumped where we could squeeze them in. lol

Does anyone know what the crowds are typically like for the last day of the Food and Wine Festival? Touring Plans has it listed as a 9 and I'm thinking about going to DHS that day instead.

I'm there for the attractions, not the wine (I don't drink).

Clothing for Thanksgiving Week? I am assuming pack for hot and cold weather, correct? Funny because I went once on Black Friday years ago and it was cold in the morning but by mid-afternoon was almost 80. I am guessing this is pretty typical, no? Obviously I will look at the weather outlook a couple days before we leave, but trying to get a sense of "typical" from those who have BTDT.

Does anyone know what the crowds are typically like for the last day of the Food and Wine Festival? Touring Plans has it listed as a 9 and I'm thinking about going to DHS that day instead.

I'm there for the attractions, not the wine (I don't drink).
It wasn't too bad in 2016. Most of the food sold out early, and I think people anticipate that, so they make sure to get their final visit in over the last weekend rather than on the last day.

Clothing for Thanksgiving Week? I am assuming pack for hot and cold weather, correct? Funny because I went once on Black Friday years ago and it was cold in the morning but by mid-afternoon was almost 80. I am guessing this is pretty typical, no? Obviously I will look at the weather outlook a couple days before we leave, but trying to get a sense of "typical" from those who have BTDT.

Yes pack for all types of weather. We’ve gone over the past two Thanksgivings. One year there was steam coming from the pools and frost on the cars in the morning. By the end of that week it was so hot...and I did not bring any shorts with me...big mistake! Generally the mornings/evenings are cooler (50-60), the afternoons usually in the 80-90 range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter