*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

My husband does the same thing, LOL! Although he waits until we get there to do it. It doesn't matter how many times I ask him what restaurants he wants before we go, he always says he doesn't care and then is surprised when I don't have the one he wants booked. My kids think it's pretty funny because I literally drive everyone crazy around ADR time asking where everyone wants to eat!:rolleyes:

Oh, you're not a mind reader? lol

I had a talk with my husband last week and told him that I could use a WDW break because the planning is a little much. After the text this morning, I realized it's not the planning stuff because I love that. It's his changing things all the time and then I have to re-plan and search for ADRs/FPs. I really need to just tell him no and leave it the way it is but he knows how to get to me. Today he used the "It's too bad you can't get a Chef Mickey or character meal because Brynn would of really liked that." Brynn is my 6yo daughter and she loves character meals. How could I say no to that!

I just reserved our stroller rental. My husband and I have been going back and forth on whether we need a stroller or not as our son is turning 7 on the trip. I decided to pull the plug and get it because when he gets tired, he gets whiney. I feel it is worth the money so I don't have to deal with the whining. I have a feeling we will only need it later in the day and it will moved from stroller parking to stroller parking during the day.

I did tell him that it is his last stroller ever.

I just reserved our stroller rental. My husband and I have been going back and forth on whether we need a stroller or not as our son is turning 7 on the trip. I decided to pull the plug and get it because when he gets tired, he gets whiney. I feel it is worth the money so I don't have to deal with the whining. I have a feeling we will only need it later in the day and it will moved from stroller parking to stroller parking during the day.

I did tell him that it is his last stroller ever.

I think if you're on the fence, it's better to just get it so you have it just in case. I'm sure he'll use it and it saves you from listening to whining. Our last trip we did stroller free. We knew we wouldn't be in the parks from open to close and we planned a lot of breaks. It worked out well so I think we're done with strollers. There were definitely moments that I wished we had one. My dd has a tendency to walk really, really slow which can be challenging when you're trying to make it to a fastpass. I'm talking at a snails pace slow. I call her my sloth.

My FP day was yesterday and it was a rough one, as you probably heard. By relentlessly checking when the system was down, I managed to get about half of what we needed. Once things were working again for real, I got the rest. Besides a not so great time for SDD, everything else somehow worked out pretty well. Once the dust settled, I was surprised at how much our actual FPs matched up with our wish list!

Really the only thing we’re missing from our original plan is an Ohana reservation though I keep checking. Overall not too bad - only 59 days to go!

Wow I'm sorry you all have been dealing with so many tech problems. That's horrible. The site has always been bad but it sounds more frustrating than ever. Ugh. I read they are updating it in October when the tier pricing debuts. I'm scared that it may get worse.

I'm 38 days out. Cue dh changing his mind. It's like clockwork. I get a text at 6 am from him asking what are dinner plans are on arrival day. Ummm what? Dining plans? We have no dining plans because he didn't want any ADRS. He insisted that we have a really early flight so it'd be best to not have anything booked. We'll just grab something at the hotel. Now he doesn't want to grab anything at the hotel because we're staying at AKL and he doesn't think he'll like the food choices. The worst part is that I knew he would do that so I originally booked a 1900 dinner reservation that I just DROPPED last week to someone else that was looking for one. I didn't want to tie up a reservation if I wasn't going to use it. :headache: This morning I told him that he could book something himself and just let me know what he went with. Then I gave in because I didn't want him to mess anything up in MDE. So I have a Beaches and Cream booked but I'm hoping someone drops a Chef Mickey or 1900. Have alerts setup in TP.

Hi. I am also 38 days out today (soon 37, because Norway is 6 hours before Orlando time) When I started planning DH though I was crazy with all my planning and he only had one request. 50’s Prime Time.
Well, I know my husband and I know he would not be happy anywhere.
He is also a chef so food is kind of a big deal to him

I made him a copy of all the places I had been thinking about and THEN he had lots of options. I made him read it all and tell me what he wanted.
Very happy that I did, because I had 1900 Park Fare booked and he did NOT want to go there.

The rest of my bookings was okay.
I have a few bookings I need to cancel, but not for 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey

Can’t believe we are only 38 days away.

44 days until our trip! I'm ready to start packing. The weather is finally cooling off so I'm anxious to clean out the closets and pack our shorts in the suitcases. :laundy:

Haha! My boyfriend is also a chef and trying to get him on board with any reservations is like pulling teeth!

Out of our 12 days, I made only 2 ADRs (Sci Fi and CRT) so he could "go with the flow" and not complain about how I've scheduled him to death!
He spent a lot of his childhood in Florida and seems to think things at WDW are just like they were in the late 80's-early 90s. SMH

So yeah. I totally understand dealing with a hard-to-please chef. :sad2:

Nothing is working this morning either :(

I hope you eventually got things to work!

This morning really was a mess. With the discounts that dropped I was trying to modify client reservations and needless to say, when one part of the system isn't working, you can pretty much guarantee no parts are working :headache:

Can someone help me with my AK day? I'm very happy that I was able to get FoP into the 9:00 - 10:00 FP slot which means we will RD Navi and then head to our FoP. But then the rest of the day is all over the place (not an EMH day).

As of right now:

FP 9:00 - 10:00 FoP
11:00 - 12:00 - EE/Meet Mickey and Minnie
12:00 - 1:00 - Safari

So much back and forth. I'm trying regularly to get Safari into the 10 - 11 slot. Am I thinking too narrow and maybe it's good as is and I can fill time with other things? In my mind, it just makes so much sense to do Pandora, head up to Africa for Safari, then head to Asia and then try to get 4th/5th FPs for Dinosaur and Primeval which my son loves.

I have a question regarding fast passes. When trying to add a fast passes, i get this error message ( i currently have only 1 reserved Fastpass at this point, which is test track for that day):

"Already Chose from This Group

Guests can only choose 1 experience per day from this group in advance until they redeem their first 3 FastPass+ selections. If you keep these Guests in the party, their other FastPass+ selections will be canceled and replaced. You’ll get to review and confirm this change before it’s final."

Is this because I have already selected one from i'm guessing is the Tier 1 and now my other two can only be from Tier 2? or is this part of the glitches/IT problems? i feel at other parks i was able to get all 3 of in-demand FP+'s, that i'm assuming are labeled Tier 1.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated. Also, thanks to everyone regarding the fastpass strategy, I feel I got everything I was looking for, minus this issue above and the program wasn't so bad using as I was anticipating. :thanks:

I have a question regarding fast passes. When trying to add a fast passes, i get this error message ( i currently have only 1 reserved Fastpass at this point, which is test track for that day):

Guests can only choose 1 experience per day from this group in advance until they redeem their first 3 FastPass+ selections. If you keep these Guests in the party, their other FastPass+ selections will be canceled and replaced. You’ll get to review and confirm this change before it’s final."

Is this because I have already selected one from i'm guessing is the Tier 1 and now my other two can only be from Tier 2? or is this part of the glitches/IT problems? i feel at other parks i was able to get all 3 of in-demand FP+'s, that i'm assuming are labeled Tier 1.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated. Also, thanks to everyone regarding the fastpass strategy, I feel I got everything I was looking for, minus this issue above and the program wasn't so bad using as I was anticipating. :thanks:
What park is this for? Only MK does not have Tiers. All others, you can only choose 1 Tier 1 ride, and the other two have to be in Tier 2.

So much back and forth. I'm trying regularly to get Safari into the 10 - 11 slot. Am I thinking too narrow and maybe it's good as is and I can fill time with other things? In my mind, it just makes so much sense to do Pandora, head up to Africa for Safari, then head to Asia and then try to get 4th/5th FPs for Dinosaur and Primeval which my son loves.

Congrats on the FOP! I think the same way you do - Avatar then Safari/Africa makes the most sense to try to keep the back and forth to a minimum. I'd keep trying for the earlier safari and would even consider riding standby. Looking at my touring plan for my AK day (11/27) theres only a 20 minute difference in expected wait time between FP and standby at 10:30ish. You'd probably waste that 20 minutes in walking if you go back and forth.

Oh, you're not a mind reader? lol

I had a talk with my husband last week and told him that I could use a WDW break because the planning is a little much. After the text this morning, I realized it's not the planning stuff because I love that. It's his changing things all the time and then I have to re-plan and search for ADRs/FPs. I really need to just tell him no and leave it the way it is but he knows how to get to me. Today he used the "It's too bad you can't get a Chef Mickey or character meal because Brynn would of really liked that." Brynn is my 6yo daughter and she loves character meals. How could I say no to that!
I know right, LOL. I know when they throw in that one of the kids "would really love this", I'm helpless too! How could I say no to that! We should get some sort of Disney Organization award.:teeth:

That is not a glitch! Epcot uses tiering & Test Track is a Tier 1 attraction. You can only choose one from this group: Test Track, Soarin', Frozen, IllumiNations. Can't remember if the character meet is still Tier 1 or not.

That is not a glitch! Epcot uses tiering & Test Track is a Tier 1 attraction. You can only choose one from this group: Test Track, Soarin', Frozen, IllumiNations. Can't remember if the character meet is still Tier 1 or not.
What park is this for? Only MK does not have Tiers. All others, you can only choose 1 Tier 1 ride, and the other two have to be in Tier 2.

Thanks, this was for Epcot and that would make sense, that i already had test track chosen.

We're getting closer to November!!! Who is thinking about new shirts and other purchases for their trip?
We're doing the Christmas Party on 11/9 - do you think it will still be warm enough for a tank top in the evening in early November or should I plan for slightly cooler? We've never been this late in the year before!

We're getting closer to November!!! Who is thinking about new shirts and other purchases for their trip?
We're doing the Christmas Party on 11/9 - do you think it will still be warm enough for a tank top in the evening in early November or should I plan for slightly cooler? We've never been this late in the year before!
Hard to predict. We had a November trip when I didn't need my sweatshirt at all and another trip when we were freezing one night at Epcot. The kids had on hats and people were walking around wrapped in blankets. It was windy and cold that night. I will say we've had mostly dry and pleasant weather on our 3 November trips.

Hi. I am also 38 days out today (soon 37, because Norway is 6 hours before Orlando time) When I started planning DH though I was crazy with all my planning and he only had one request. 50’s Prime Time.

I made him a copy of all the places I had been thinking about and THEN he had lots of options. I made him read it all and tell me what he wanted.
Very happy that I did, because I had 1900 Park Fare booked and he did NOT want to go there.

The rest of my bookings was okay.
I have a few bookings I need to cancel, but not for 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey

Can’t believe we are only 38 days away.

I'm glad your dh came around and gave his opinion. Touring Plans plus insomnia came through last night and I was able to get a 1900 for the perfect time. I really didn't expect it to come through so fast.

Anybody have any clue if/when there are any Fast pass finders? The cancellation thread is fantastic for dining ADRs, so something similar for Fast passes would be wonderful!

I haven't seen anything like that on the boards but I'm in a fb group for November and sometimes people coordinate fp dropping. Maybe check out fb?

Can someone help me with my AK day? I'm very happy that I was able to get FoP into the 9:00 - 10:00 FP slot which means we will RD Navi and then head to our FoP. But then the rest of the day is all over the place (not an EMH day).

As of right now:

FP 9:00 - 10:00 FoP
11:00 - 12:00 - EE/Meet Mickey and Minnie
12:00 - 1:00 - Safari

What day is your AK day? Maybe if it's not a low crowd day you could just do safari standby after FOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter