• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
party:I just HAD to see my ticker today!!! Only 1 MORE DAY!!!! That definitely calls for some creepy guy!

:dancer:

AND to add the cherry to the top of the sundae, the weather looks awesome!
:cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2::yay:

Congrats to all of you that have managed to keep it a secret. I would have been furious at that attendance lady!! My DD is only 3, so while I haven't told her, I don't exactly think it's a secret. I didn't tell her because she has no concept of time and she would just torture me daily, lol. So we haven't told her and when we get to the airport we're going to tell her we are going to visit friends and still are not telling her. We're just going to wait for her to see it all :)

My DD is 3 too and we ran into the same problem with "we going tomorrow?" and then the meltdowns when we said no. No concept of time. So we created a countdown calendar starting with 40 days to go and she's been putting a sticker to mark each day and it has worked like a charm! No issues since. She knows when we get to 1 we are leaving the next day. :thumbsup2

So the same plane/route/time that went out today that we are traveling tomorrow was delayed by 3 hours. ugg I seriously hope ours isn't delayed tomorrow. We're just about packed and going to head to bed soon. Tomorrow we will be at Disney!! :woohoo:

What do you mean by this? Why was the flight delayed? Was it weather related or just airline stuff? And was it Airtran, by chance?

party:I just HAD to see my ticker today!!! Only 1 MORE DAY!!!! That definitely calls for some creepy guy! AND to add the cherry to the top of the sundae, the weather looks awesome!

That calls for a little singing, too (Les Mis style!)

ONE.... DAY.... MOOOOOOOORRREEEEEE!!!!!!!

tee hee!!! :laughing:

Ok - I keep reading about you guys packing, unpacking, and repacking....now I'm nervous.....so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow???:rotfl:

welcome to the OCD packing club!!

party:I just HAD to see my ticker today!!! Only 1 MORE DAY!!!! That definitely calls for some creepy guy!

:dancer:

AND to add the cherry to the top of the sundae, the weather looks awesome!

Creepy guy all around!!!:dancer:

Attain, great costume and great review!! THanks. Glad you are having a great time.

LMC, yea, I should have done something like that but I'm kind of excited about her not really knowing. I can't wait to see her face when she is like "what? where are we"? lol

The weather looks awesome next week but I think the 50's in the evening sounds cold. I'm going to have to add a few sweatshirts or long sleeve shirts to my packing list. Or..... I can just leave them off and buy them there :lmao:

Everyone leaving tomorrow, have a wonderful and safe trip!!!!!

Well, we are all packed and ready to go. Everyone's travel clothes are laid out, all personal bags to carry on are organized. All that's left to do is go to bed. I can't believe we leave tomorrow!! :cool1:

I am exhausted. Work was crazy trying to wrap everything up and I think i was running on adrenaline. I am going to get ready for bed, 3 a.m. is going to come very, very quick.

Looking forward to meeting people at the meet ups!!!!

Hi..just wanted to let you all know that the facebook group has the following dismeets.
Would love to see you all there and put a face to disname :cutie:
10/24: Epcot 11 am dismeet @ Norway ship
10/24: MK 10 pm dismeet @ Aloha Isle dole whip stand
10/27: Epcot 11 am @ Club Cool

We'll be at EPCOT on the 24th! Are kids welcome as well?

Congrats to all of you that have managed to keep it a secret. I would have been furious at that attendance lady!! My DD is only 3, so while I haven't told her, I don't exactly think it's a secret. I didn't tell her because she has no concept of time and she would just torture me daily, lol. So we haven't told her and when we get to the airport we're going to tell her we are going to visit friends and still are not telling her. We're just going to wait for her to see it all :)

Would you believe that we leave early Sat. morning and I have not packed one thing? Haven't even gotten out the suitcases. The only thing I did was make sure I found all the documents (luggage tags, flight info., hotel confirmation, etc.) but NOTHING else. I have been so busy at work I haven't had 5 minutes. Worked till really late the past two nights and tonight I am just exhausted. I think I'll get the stuff all out tomorrow and put it in the suitcases on Friday night after I do one last load of laundry, nothing like waiting until the last minute!!!

I hope you all have a fabulous time!!!

I totally understand! My son is FIVE and he still doesn't get the concept of time and drives me crazy about it! People would ask him all the time if he was excited for Disney, and then he would proceed to ask me 20 times a day if it was time to go to the airport yet! I had to beg the friends and family to please stop mentioning it! Haha!

We leave Saturday too, and I have the suitcases out and I've thrown a few things in, but I'm kind of slacking! I'm one of those people who work well under pressure, so I think I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow! Haha!

We'll be at EPCOT on the 24th! Are kids welcome as well?

Yes! I'll have my daughter in tow. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

So will any of you be at MNSSHP on the 25th?

We will be there that night as well!

We are up and ready to go. I need coffee.:coffee: I feel asleep at 10 and then someone called our house around 1130 which woke me up and kept me up until about 1. I'm hoping there is a starbucks at our airport! I'm just waiting for JP to finish getting ready and then we are waking up Zoey.

We'll be at EPCOT on the 24th! Are kids welcome as well? Awesome.. looking forward to meeting you and your family. :)

We have our tickets also for that night!

Yes! I'll have my daughter in tow. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

We will be there that night as well! :banana: Great minds think alike.

We are up and ready to go. I need coffee.:coffee: I feel asleep at 10 and then someone called our house around 1130 which woke me up and kept me up until about 1. I'm hoping there is a starbucks at our airport! I'm just waiting for JP to finish getting ready and then we are waking up Zoey.

Melissa.. I already set up my coffee maker for 3:30 am on Saturday. I am grumpy when I don't get enough sleep and without coffee.... I am even worse:rotfl:

Well everything is packed, except the tye dye shirts that is. I have to wash and dry them tonight. I am just nervous b/c I don't want the colors to run! I couldn't do it until tonight b/c of tracing the Mickey head in craft/fabric paint. It had to dry for 72 hrs!:scared1: Tonight's agenda is brownies and manicures/pedicures for me and DD4. Oh, that's the last time I will probably put that. The next time I am on, she'll probably be 5!! That's the tough part about counting down the days until the birthday trip... you realize another precious year has slipped away... but the memories are what matter.
Okay enough of that sentimental stuff!

TOMORROW WE HEAD OUT FOR DISNEY!!!:dance3::dance3:

Everything is done! Just :surfweb: here on the boards until it's time to go pick up the older 2 from school in about 40 minutes.

The youngest ones surprise was definitely not commercial worthy. She cried because she didn't want to go and she wanted to go to school! I realized she just didn't get what was happening and when she did was she excited! I'm trying to keep her busy but now she is ready!

tlenzendorf, I am cracking up at her response. NO IDEA what she wanted to miss just to go to school, lol. So cute.

We'll be there on the 25th as well.

Leaving in the am and I STILL haven't done anything.:lmao:I crack myself up. Still working and will have to get to it tonight. Need a mani/pedi and then I guess I will be packing until it gets finished.......

We'll be there! DD3 will be Ariel. I'm sure you'll be able to pick her out of a crowd. :lmao::lmao:

2 days to go and I'm 1/2 way through the work day!!! DD fell asleep on me last night at 6PM. :scared1: I woke her up to see if she wanted dinner and she whined a bit and I just laid her on the couch and she fell back asleep. Then at 7 I realized she wasn't getting up so I took her upstairs and she slept through until 6 this morning. She fell asleep on the couch on Sunday as well but woke up at midnight and got sick from not having anything in her stomach mixed with all of the yuck of her cold. I'm so glad she didn't have the same experience this time!!! She woke up happy today and that lasted all of 30 minutes until we had a battle getting her dressed. She didn't want to wear anything she owned and it finally got to the point where I had to just force a dress on her. I know it's because all of her pink dresses were in the wash. :laughing: But it made me late for work and made her cranky and it was all together a beautiful start to our last work/school day before vacation. Just the emphasis we need to be going on this trip!! On a good note, I came in and my boss told me I had been nominated and received a GEM award, which is a recognition award for good work I had done on two elearning projects for our services department. It's a small monetary award but it's really nice to get - especially to be told right before vacation!!! I won't get the money before the trip but that's ok. I already know what I'm going to use it for! :goodvibes I have to tell you, I've never been in a job where people actually get these types of awards. They say they have them, but I've never seen people get them, so it's nice to be the recipient!! Yay!! :woohoo:

OK, don't know how active I'll be the next two days while I'm getting ready, so for all those leaving these next few days, have a safe trip and I hope to see you there!!! :hug:

OMG....we leave in 5 days! This is the last weekend before our trip. I better get crackin'! Now where's that Disney packing list.......

3 days still for me. and I'm about halfway done with my last day of work :woohoo:

Lots of people left today, hope you all get there safely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter