*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! That's so funny! I'm planning Cali next year. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in Los Gatos, which is near San Fran. My aunt and cousin have yet to meet Katherine and I really want to get out there before she's all grown up! So I'd like that to be our big trip next year, if at all possible. Since she'll be 4 next year and I'll be better with not having her in the car seat on the plane, I figure it will be a better time for the 5 hour flight!

That's funny, I know where Los Gatos is! My best friend lives in Turlock so we fly into Frisco or Sacramento depending on prices. I love the Bay area! We have done a lot in Frisco, Half Moon Bay, Monterrey, Yosemite area :)

That's funny, I know where Los Gatos is! My best friend lives in Turlock so we fly into Frisco or Sacramento depending on prices. I love the Bay area! We have done a lot in Frisco, Half Moon Bay, Monterrey, Yosemite area :)

:love: Cali. I keep trying to convince the hubs to move there. He hasn't bitten yet. :sad2:

I'm already really sad at having to wait that long. But we have other vacations we want to take them on, such as the beach, the Caribbean, a cruise and Disneyland, San Diego zoo, Santa Monica pier, etc...

can you adopt me? I'm pretty neat and i make a mean cupcake.

Yay! I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports! I'm not doing one - no memory these days and most of my picks are of princesses! But I'll throw a few of my favorite pics up on FB for everyone to see! The photopass pics came out great so I'm soooooo glad I got the CD! :banana:

For the next week I'll be occupied with sorting through pictures and videos and cleaning the house from the post vacation luggage hurricane that went through, :rotfl: but after that I think I'll be watching the Fantasyland progress unfold and then planning for 2013! :cool1: At least we have each other, right?

I know there is a 2013 thread out there if anyone is planning for that year. Are we keeping the FB group up? I would love to! I like checking in with everyone!

We should keep the FB group going!! I love chatting with everyone and talking about disney, or not disney!!

I think we should keep the FB group going, it's fun!

Great minds!! We are going in 2013, so i *guess* i can join that group. But i like this group. /stomps foot.

I started my TR too. It really should be named Princess Palooza, but i went with a quote from Zoey instead.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2826072

Ha, sure! Your cupcakes are pretty awesome looking! I started the vanilla last night with some Gray Goose :woohoo:

I'm going to deliver some to Gretchen, she's like an hour from me. I figure she'll need some during finals!!

Yay for the vanilla!! Your post reminded me to go down and shake my bottle (ha! that sounds kind of wrong). I think I can start using mine soon, so I might whip up some cupcakes and try it out. :cool1:

I was going to do a quick trip report but for some reason I can only RESPOND to threads so I couldn't post a report. Since I posted on here earlier I thought I post here.

My husband and I have only been to WDW 4 times but have always had a wonderful time. Parks are always clean same with the rooms. We had one CM in March 2010 who was kind of rude but another CM in the store more than made up for it.

We got back from our October trip on the 25th and had an amazing time (as always!) We like pin trading and got our boys (14 & 12) hooked on it this trip. Our 14y.o. made a special trade for a pin he wanted to give to his older brother and sister-in-law, he was very excited about it. Well, of course, the inevitable happen...anybody who pin trades knows the backs don't always stay on well; he lost the pin. He was very upset. We were at Fort Wilderness for the last Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue of the night so it was dark, no way we were finding that pin. We explained that it happens often, we've lost pins, we've found pins. He was still pretty bummed but had a good time.

Six days after we get home as I'm pulling our mail out of the mailbox, I notice a padded envelop with Mickey on it, I open it and what did I find...the lost pin with a note from Fort Wilderness Lost and Found that the pin was found at our table! That is truly going above and beyond all expectations!

I know there is probably a better thread to post this on but I couldn't find the best place and I really wanted people to know our little story. Thanks to the CM's/Disney, definitely a gesture I won't ever forget! :lovestruc

I was going to do a quick trip report but for some reason I can only RESPOND to threads so I couldn't post a report. Since I posted on here earlier I thought I post here.

My husband and I have only been to WDW 4 times but have always had a wonderful time. Parks are always clean same with the rooms. We had one CM in March 2010 who was kind of rude but another CM in the store more than made up for it.

We got back from our October trip on the 25th and had an amazing time (as always!) We like pin trading and got our boys (14 & 12) hooked on it this trip. Our 14y.o. made a special trade for a pin he wanted to give to his older brother and sister-in-law, he was very excited about it. Well, of course, the inevitable happen...anybody who pin trades knows the backs don't always stay on well; he lost the pin. He was very upset. We were at Fort Wilderness for the last Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue of the night so it was dark, no way we were finding that pin. We explained that it happens often, we've lost pins, we've found pins. He was still pretty bummed but had a good time.

Six days after we get home as I'm pulling our mail out of the mailbox, I notice a padded envelop with Mickey on it, I open it and what did I find...the lost pin with a note from Fort Wilderness Lost and Found that the pin was found at our table! That is truly going above and beyond all expectations!

I know there is probably a better thread to post this on but I couldn't find the best place and I really wanted people to know our little story. Thanks to the CM's/Disney, definitely a gesture I won't ever forget! :lovestruc

That's wonderful that they found the pin and returned it to you! Your son must have been so excited!!! It's so nice that they returned it to you, what an unexpected surprise!!

I'm going to deliver some to Gretchen, she's like an hour from me. I figure she'll need some during finals!!

Yay for the vanilla!! Your post reminded me to go down and shake my bottle (ha! that sounds kind of wrong). I think I can start using mine soon, so I might whip up some cupcakes and try it out. :cool1:

Your post about shaking the bottle made me think of the song by Metro Station, Shake It! :lmao:

So the post Disney blues have been countered by starting planning for another trip! November 2012. We just invited my parents and they said yes! We took my MIL last year, so I figured it was time to invite my parents. My mom is losing her sight, so now is the time to go and enjoy. She LOVES the parks so much. We are going to stay in a 2 bedroom at BLT for the first time ever, really looking forward to it!

I am also STILL waiting to hear back on the Disney Moms Panel. I made it to round 2 and have been anxiously awaiting to see if I made it to the finals since our trip. Could be tomorrow. Please send me some pixie dust! I would be so honored and excited to be chosen. Plus, it would mean a fun short training trip in December!

Tricia- all your other vacations sound great! Can you fit me in your suitcase? :thumbsup2

that is so cool- i bet she would love your cupcakes! I drool every time you post a pic!

Wow, what a great story. It's amazing that something that small was found and that they take the time to mail it back. Exactly what their guest service is above and beyond! :thumbsup2

So the post Disney blues have been countered by starting planning for another trip! November 2012. We just invited my parents and they said yes! We took my MIL last year, so I figured it was time to invite my parents. My mom is losing her sight, so now is the time to go and enjoy. She LOVES the parks so much. We are going to stay in a 2 bedroom at BLT for the first time ever, really looking forward to it!

I am also STILL waiting to hear back on the Disney Moms Panel. I made it to round 2 and have been anxiously awaiting to see if I made it to the finals since our trip. Could be tomorrow. Please send me some pixie dust! I would be so honored and excited to be chosen. Plus, it would mean a fun short training trip in December!

Pixie dust to you! At least if you make it, we will know someone has the right answers haha!

And I know about the post Disney blues. I mean, I will get to go in June, but I'm craving another trip besides that too. I think I might start looking into saving for November of 2013 because that should be after I graduate grad school... so a celebration trip for me! I would LOVE to be able to save up enough to stay at the Grand Floridian, but don't know if I can.

We got back Wed. night from an amazing trip! It wasn't perfect by any means but it was still fabulous and I woke up yesterday morning with post vacation blues horribly. The only bad thing I noticed this trip that I had never before seen there was there were a whole lot of nasty toilets in every bathroom that we went to. (Which, BTW, was a lot b/c my DH had had emergency kidney stone surgery just 2 days before we left) Other than that it was just as clean as ever!!

That is great about your parents going with you. Will food and wine still be going on in November when you all go?

Any update on the Mom's Panel?

We are thinking of going to Daytona Beach this July with my mom. She is renting a condo for 2 weeks, so my sister and her family would go 1 week and we would go the second. It's essentially a free vacation, other than the trip down there. If we don't do that, I think we'll do Hershey Park. I wish I could swing Disney. :rolleyes1

Wow we were a super awesome chatty bunch I just realized after looking for a February thread :lmao: I love it!!! Brent gave the ok, we are going back in February with Laurie and Darren, woo hoo!

Who else other than Katie is doing February?

Where's the Official October 2012 thread?

I'm ready to start planning for next year!:yay:

I am thinking of going next year in Oct & wanted to know how the weather was for your trips this Oct? We are going the week of Columbus day weekend & wanted to know if it will still be hot/humid. Did it rain alot too? How were the crowds?
Did any of you attend Food & Wine Fest while there? Was it crowded?
Thanks!

I am thinking of going next year in Oct & wanted to know how the weather was for your trips this Oct? We are going the week of Columbus day weekend & wanted to know if it will still be hot/humid. Did it rain alot too? How were the crowds?
Thanks!

It. Is. Alive!!!

Haha, jk (the thread that is, not you!). Depends on who you ask and depends on the year. This year we had a lot of tropical systems move through, so October was off and on with weather. It was either gorgeous or MISERABLE!! I went the last week of October and only had one rainy day the entire time and it only rained in the morning and evening. The rest of the week was beautiful - 80 and sunny and not humid at all! I know some of the people who went earlier in the month had tropical depressions move through and had at least a day of heavy, heavy rain during the trip surrounded by one or two days of clouds and some light rain. It really depends on the year. hth!

Thanks!

I went Oct 16-22 this year and we had cloudy/misty on the 18th, but were able to attend MNSSHP that night with a smaller crowd. Otherwise, the weather was beautiful! The end of the week had cool mornings, but the days warmed up fast. It is a wonderful time of the year to go!

If you want to do free dining, realize that 2 weeks of October are blacked out.

That is great about your parents going with you. Will food and wine still be going on in November when you all go?

Any update on the Mom's Panel?

We are thinking of going to Daytona Beach this July with my mom. She is renting a condo for 2 weeks, so my sister and her family would go 1 week and we would go the second. It's essentially a free vacation, other than the trip down there. If we don't do that, I think we'll do Hershey Park. I wish I could swing Disney. :rolleyes1
didn't make it to the finals. boo hoo! But they selected some great folks. I'll try again next year. At least I made round 2 this year, that's more than the past years!

yes will definitely do food and wine! In fact, i am trying to finalize our dates for sure now!

daytona sounds awesome! Free vacation- yes please!

We got back Wed. night from an amazing trip! It wasn't perfect by any means but it was still fabulous and I woke up yesterday morning with post vacation blues horribly. The only bad thing I noticed this trip that I had never before seen there was there were a whole lot of nasty toilets in every bathroom that we went to. (Which, BTW, was a lot b/c my DH had had emergency kidney stone surgery just 2 days before we left) Other than that it was just as clean as ever!!
welcome back! Yuck on the nasty toliets. Oh no on your DH, hope he is doing well!

Thanks!
We are doing next November- probably arriving on the last week of F&W and going to one of the first MVMCPs! We were there Oct 14-22nd this year. F&W was fantastic, our first one. We only did the booths since we had DS4 with us. But even that was fun. We did F&W on weekdays right at 11am, so no lines whatsoever. we did it over two different mornings. Crowds were not too bad except on the weekends (Saturdays), but we knew that per the crowd calendar and had planned on doing other things or just doing less popular attractions. It did rain once or twice, but it was actually great- the park was dead empty and we rode what we wanted! It did rain on our MNSSHP, but we stuck it out and still had fun. It was warm, but not too bad. Then again, we are used to the triple digits here in Dallas. If you are from the north, it might have felt a lot warmer to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter