*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days to go for us!
Interviewed and accepted a job today. Start on the 7th. Have to find, interview, and hire a nanny before we leave Wednesday for wdw. At least it will help the time fly by!!

5 days to go for us!
Interviewed and accepted a job today. Start on the 7th. Have to find, interview, and hire a nanny before we leave Wednesday for wdw. At least it will help the time fly by!!

Nice! Congrats!

37 hours till we go to the airport. Putting the finishing touches on packing tomorrow. Going to the zoo tonight with my sons boy scout troop. I do not have time/motivation to go with them, but obvi I have too!

Hi DIS'ers!
Still looking for a group of 2 to share an Illumination's Cruise on Wed Oct 26.

The Illuminations Cruise is on a 25' Tracker Pontoon that holds up to 10 guests for $346.13 (+ tip) which includes boat, driver, assorted bag snacks, and assorted soft drinks. The cost is $40 per person (assuming we have a filled boat of 10) which includes the cruise and tip for the boat driver.
Illuminations are set for 9p that night so we would meet at the Yacht & Beach Club marina at 8p, finalize payment, meet with our driver, and take off for the fabulous show!

I need to know within the next 24 hours (let's say by 7p Eastern time on Monday) Please message me if interested or have any questions (I'm in the world now so not following posts to threads)

Thanks!

The car taking us to the airport picks us up in 2 hours! AH!! I can't believe the trip is finally here. Tonight we'll be sleepin' at the Poly!

Hi guys, we are back!!! We had a blast. We got back late Saturday night. I've been crazy at work ever since though. So just now catching up.

I have started my official trip report HERE.

Some highlights were the Pirates and Pals cruise, DS meeting Peter Pan after, the Halloween party (despite the rain on 10/18), wonderful food, GREAT food and Wine festival. Crowds were bad on the weekends, but we expected that. We rode everything we wanted to, in fact we rode HM 7x, Dumbo 3x, Peter Pan about 5x (3 in one day), Pooh about 5x etc. We had a ball and loved BLT once again.

Come visit my TR for all the great pics and details! I also shopped a LOT! so will post pics of our goodies too.

Yay! I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports! I'm not doing one - no memory these days and most of my picks are of princesses! But I'll throw a few of my favorite pics up on FB for everyone to see! The photopass pics came out great so I'm soooooo glad I got the CD! :banana:

For the next week I'll be occupied with sorting through pictures and videos and cleaning the house from the post vacation luggage hurricane that went through, :rotfl: but after that I think I'll be watching the Fantasyland progress unfold and then planning for 2013! :cool1: At least we have each other, right?

I know there is a 2013 thread out there if anyone is planning for that year. Are we keeping the FB group up? I would love to! I like checking in with everyone!

I know there is a 2013 thread out there if anyone is planning for that year. Are we keeping the FB group up? I would love to! I like checking in with everyone!

I think we should keep the FB group going, it's fun!

I'm confused about the FL construction, I thought it wasn't going to be completed until 2014. Is it only 2013? That may mean we can move our vacation up by 1 year :cool1:

I think we should keep the FB group going, it's fun!

I'm confused about the FL construction, I thought it wasn't going to be completed until 2014. Is it only 2013? That may mean we can move our vacation up by 1 year :cool1:

Oh, I heard they were going to start phasing it out end of 2012 and it was supposed to be rolled out over 2013. Has that been pushed back?

Oh, I heard they were going to start phasing it out end of 2012 and it was supposed to be rolled out over 2013. Has that been pushed back?

Now I'm going to have to go do a search... I thought everything but the dwarf coaster was going to be done by 2013 and that in 2014. I'll be back with the answer in a few minutes!

You are right, 2013. I remember why we are waiting until 2014 now. Some of the immediate mania will be gone, the girls will all be just a little older and we have longer to save. We are going to do the end of August and do 2 weeks. Some time at the beach, Disney and that other park....

You are right, 2013. I remember why we are waiting until 2014 now. Some of the immediate mania will be gone, the girls will all be just a little older and we have longer to save. We are going to do the end of August and do 2 weeks. Some time at the beach, Disney and that other park....

Yup, that makes sense. I can't wait that long, though. :)

I'm already really sad at having to wait that long. But we have other vacations we want to take them on, such as the beach, the Caribbean, a cruise and Disneyland, San Diego zoo, Santa Monica pier, etc...

Ha! That's so funny! I'm planning Cali next year. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in Los Gatos, which is near San Fran. My aunt and cousin have yet to meet Katherine and I really want to get out there before she's all grown up! So I'd like that to be our big trip next year, if at all possible. Since she'll be 4 next year and I'll be better with not having her in the car seat on the plane, I figure it will be a better time for the 5 hour flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter