***Official September 2020 Thread***

We too are waiting to see what happens so we can decide on our Sept. trip, rescheduled from May. We will not go and spend thousands if some parks are closed, our favorite restaurants and lounges are closed, park hours are cut, rides not open(not that they will be, we dont know anything yet, just preparing myself mentally). Too expensive for part of an experience. And we will not wear masks in the parks either. The longer they are not open, the closer we get to Sept having modified experiences instead of it being closer to normality. Luckily, we have a backup for our backup next May in case Sept is a no go. I wish Disney would go ahead and detail out their plan so we all can decide what is best for our families and make alternate trips to other places if need be.

still think we see a mid June to early July opening!
Hmmmmm, after reading through some other threads about June, Disney is not following the usual Tues emails about your trip being impacted, no one has been cancelled yet for the beginning of June. They usually drop the hours off every Thursday so tomorrow will be interesting, but I am now thinking a June opening is looking more rather than less likely. I can but hope that the sooner they open, the sooner they can hopefully go back to some normal by August or Sept. so i dont have to cancel(unless a hurricane hits)

List updated - I am sure I missed adding someone so if I did just let me know.

So how is everyone feeling about our September trips today? Waiting to see if the June cancellations start coming today or tomorrow.

We switched from ASM to Pop =-)

I am feeling cautiously optimistic about our September trip? It is a mother/son trip for his 16th and I keep asking him to think about what would be a deal breaker for the trip (masks, no character meets, no MNSSHP, etc). We will make our final call once we know more about what it looks like in the parks - just hoping we will have a clear grasp of that before final payment is due ;-)

List updated - I am sure I missed adding someone so if I did just let me know.

So how is everyone feeling about our September trips today? Waiting to see if the June cancellations start coming today or tomorrow.
To be honest, not so confident. I have no doubt that they'll be open in some capacity by then, but travelling all the way from UK I don't want to get half of the experience. I'm covered to change my trip but I'll wait it out to see what happens before cancelling. If I do cancel we won't be going until September 2021 as my wife and I will be going on a final "adult only" Orlando trip and want to do HHN and Food and Wine as we likely won't get the chance to do that for a long time.

I don't think I'd travel from UK either; not know what will be available. Even traveling from CA gives me pause. However, I've been to The world recently (Sept2019) so even if a lot is cut I'd still enjoy a week there. And I just need to get out of here! According to the CA government we are locked down until end of August, now.

I've already decided on a Sept/Oct 2021 trip for the 50th (bought an AP already) so maybe I'll see ya' then...

I've already decided on a Sept/Oct 2021 trip for the 50th (bought an AP already) so maybe I'll see ya' then...

If I do cancel we won't be going until September 2021 as my wife and I will be going on a final "adult only" Orlando trip and want to do HHN and Food and Wine as we likely won't get the chance to do that for a long time.

I've already got mine rescheduled for September 2021. We arrive on the 10th if anybody wants to join us. ;-) LOL

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a September reservation (DH and I really need vacations). No discounts as of yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled to get a better deal than rack rate, and worst case scenario if come August the experience doesn't seem worth it we just cancel and get our refund - seems like a low risk high reward scenario. I'm excited, I danced around the living room at the mere thought!

My wife and I have been talking, and we are now honestly thinking about canceling our trip in September and moving to late September/early October next year (which was going to be a trip anyway). We will wait and see still late July right before final payment is due.

I'm still thinking DH and I will go in Sept. and if not move it to early Nov. We are driving though, so I think that makes a big difference. We have already decided to cancel our normal Nov. trip to visit family in Texas because we don't feel comfortable flying. Having our own vehicle while at WDW also gives us that option for transportation, although we normally park at thee resort and use only Disney transportation. Another factor is that we've been multiple times and don't have kids, so while not having characters and some of the other experiences may be a bummer it won't be a deal breaker. What we will be bummed about is pin trading! It's just something we enjoy doing, and so do our kids, whether on pin boards around the parks and resorts or with CM's or other guests, and getting to chat with people. I'm wondering how and if they will even allow it going forward.

We are going to wait until Aug 10th before we make a definite choice, but we did go ahead and pick a back up date for March which will be almost a year to the date of the closure. 2020 what a year lol.

You’re going to love it! We stayed at beach club last time and we are totally spoiled now! Would have a hard time staying at anything less than deluxe now. We are staying at Yacht Club this time. The pool at Yacht/Beach Club is amazing.

For some reason Beach Club was $100-$150 per night more expensive than Yacht Club for our dates but I can't really see a clear difference since they share SB and you can dine at either restaurant option so we saved some $ on that choice. Would love to hear more about what I have to look forward to :cheer2:

Hello Everyone! I’m jumping in with an intro then plan on reading back a ways on the thread!

Pop Century 9/8-13th my two daughters 21, 19 girls trip. I see a bunch of Disers are there at this time. Woohoo!

I’m also nail biting a End of July trip at Pop with my husband and son 16. We will go and wear masks, are fine if no fireworks and parades etc

The girls are poo-pooing masks and if Tepan Edo Is closed they are willing to cancel, but I will bet we Won’t.

Hello Everyone! I’m jumping in with an intro then plan on reading back a ways on the thread!

Pop Century 9/8-13th my two daughters 21, 19 girls trip. I see a bunch of Disers are there at this time. Woohoo!

I’m also nail biting a End of July trip at Pop with my husband and son 16. We will go and wear masks, are fine if no fireworks and parades etc

The girls are poo-pooing masks and if Tepan Edo Is closed they are willing to cancel, but I will bet we Won’t.

I'm hoping crowds post-LD stay low as they have in years past, it should be a good time to visit!

You’re going to love it! We stayed at beach club last time and we are totally spoiled now! Would have a hard time staying at anything less than deluxe now.
That's what worries me. That if I ever stayed deluxe I couldn't go back.
9/8 to 9/15 for me! Who knows, we may pass each other in Everything POP or in line for the bus.

For some reason Beach Club was $100-$150 per night more expensive than Yacht Club for our dates but I can't really see a clear difference since they share SB and you can dine at either restaurant option so we saved some $ on that choice. Would love to hear more about what I have to look forward to :cheer2:
Honestly, we loved BC but I felt like it was way louder and more chaotic than the YC was. I think we have aged out of the loud, crazy resorts so YC just seemed more appealing. That’s why we booked it this trip.
We book waterview and my favorite thing to do is sit on the balcony and people watch.
The smell of the resort is a weird thing to look forward to but it gives you that instant happy feeling.
The pool is the best! That is prob our favorite thing aside from how close the resort is to HS and EP.
Oh and it’s a short walk or boat ride from Boardwalk which has so many fun stores and places to eat. Overall the resort is definitely more relaxing than where we always stayed in the past, Art of Animation. My kids want to go back there some day but then they remember the sand bottom pool and the big slide at BC/YC and are good again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter